on August 31, 2009
Format: Hardcover
I am pleased to be able to review The Rife Handbook of Frequency Therapy with a Holistic Health Primer -- the long awaited, thoroughly updated and expanded manual, almost twice the size of her original Handbook of Rife Frequency Healing (which Nenah Sylver wrote under the name "Nina Silver"). If you are just starting to learn about Rife therapy, you will have a lot of questions and will be looking for intelligent, competent answers to questions such as:

- Who was Royal Raymond Rife?
- How did he discover this therapy?
- How do the devices work today?
- What kind of device do I need?
- What should I look for in a device?
- Where can I find such equipment?
- What are the best frequencies to use for specific diseases?
- How are the frequencies used?
- How were the frequencies determined?
- What precautions should I take?
- How do I give myself a Rife session?
- Where can I find additional help?
- What are the legal aspects to Rife Therapy?
- Why does my doctor not offer this therapy (in Europe, some do)?

Additionally, if you are looking to take responsibility for your own health, you also need answers to questions such as:

- How does resonance therapy compare with allopathic medicine?
- How does allopathic medicine compare with holistic treatments?
- Which complimentary therapies should I be looking at?
- What foods and nutrients do I need and what should I avoid?

These, and many more questions, are answered in great detail. The entire book is full of excellent advice on the whole world of holistic medicine, electromedicine in general and Rife therapy in particular. If you are looking for answers that can have a profound influence on your future health, this is certainly the best Rife-related reference book I have ever seen on the subject. It also covers past and current day medical politics in a very factual and well referenced way.

One of the key questions everybody has is "What frequency do I need?". There are lists of frequencies out there provided by the device makers, a consolidated list on the Internet, and many suggestions made on Rife community egroups. The problem is, those lists are just lists, a number next to a condition with little, if anything, in the way of explanation. This is where Nenah Sylver's book comes into its own.

A large part (over 200 pages) of The Rife Handbook is made up of the very extensive Frequency Directory (Chapter 5, also available as an eBook). Her Directory is not just a list, it is full of detailed explanations as to the origin of the disease, how it affects the body, and what other co-infections and conditions may exist along with the one you're looking up. Moreover, Dr. Sylver has worked hard to ensure that the frequencies are well researched. This information is unique; it saves hours of searching through thousands of messages on the various discussion groups. The Rife Handbook is an ideal reference manual for anyone using Rife therapy, giving you not only the best known tried and tested frequencies to use, but also well researched background information not found anywhere else. I feel it is an essential companion for everyone involved in Rife therapy or Rife research.

Effective Rife therapy is all about using the correct resonance frequencies in the right way. As I run the two largest Rife related discussion groups (Rife Yahoogroup and the Rife Forum as well as the Rife Wiki), I am often asked where to find good independent and reliable information about Rife therapy, particularly as there is so much disinformation out there on the Internet. Now I can answer that question very simply. Buy Nenah Sylver's Rife Handbook, and then join the Rife Forum to discuss any further questions you have with the experts, including Nenah herself.

In total, Dr. Sylver spent 12 years writing, researching, revising, and rewriting this book, which now contains an extensive index as well as three appendices. (The new third appendix, "Healing With Electromedicine and Sound," reports on electrotherapies that complement Rife frequency healing, including lasers, LEDs, and pulsed magnetic fields.) This new edition is well organized, with detailed headings, sub-headings, and sub-sub-headings in the text and a detailed Chapter Outline at the beginning of each chapter.

Nenah Sylver consulted just about every expert in the Rife world, and many in the electrotherapy area, to put together this very complete explanation of Rife and electromedicine therapies in the context of holistic medicine. When asked why she spent so many years of her life working on this book, she simply replied "because nobody else was doing it."

By the way, Dr. Nenah Sylver does not sell Rife devices, is not associated with any particular manufacturer, and has an excellent reputation in the Rife world. The first edition of this book sold over 6000 copies worldwide, to great acclaim and with no paid advertising whatsoever. When the first edition went out of print, used copies of it were selling on Amazon.com from $150 to $820 (as of this writing). So at just over $100, this edition with twice as many pages, is a real bargain.

The Rife Handbook has been praised by many health professionals and researchers in the electromedicine and Rife fields, as well as those in the related arenas of complementary and holistic (alternative) medicine. Even if you don't yet own a frequency device, the amount of practical information ensures that this volume belongs on your bookshelf.

Review by Peter Walker
Rife Research, Europe
Rife Forum
Rife Wiki
Rife Yahoogroup
on September 2, 2009
Format: Hardcover
When the 2001 version of this book was published ("The Handbook of Rife Frequency Healing: holistic technology for cancer and other diseases"), I was blown away by the information. I had never heard of Royal Rife, who invented this machine in the 1930's that could kill microbes, using the principle of resonance or resonant frequencies. Without drugs or surgery, Rife and the doctors who worked with him eliminated cancer, TB, staph and strep infections, all kinds of diseases. Not surprisingly, the pharmaceutical industry didn't like this and did everything they could to eliminate the competition.

Fortunately for us, the technology has survived. Even better, Rife machines are available all over the world, some as low as $1000. Not a bad investment at all when you consider what they can do.

I loved the old book, so when Dr. Nenah Sylver's new book came out I immediately bought it, even though it was double the price. It was worth every penny. At almost twice the number of pages, this book doesn't make for light reading. Every topic in the book is expanded - the section on food, how Rife's machine really worked (a bit technical at times), plus chapter 4 on how to use the machines, what they can be used for, what to do if you're not getting results, etc. I really liked chapter 4 because it lays everything out for you with questions and answers.

Chapter 1 is interesting too, with updated information on the drug companies and side effects of drugs. Dr. Sylver makes the point that the phrase "side effects" is a red herring, meant to distract you from the fact that everything you feel from drugs is an effect. But somehow, calling it a "side" effect detracts you from how poisonous the drugs really are. There's some new information on the dangers of vaccines, along with sometimes amusing accounts in boxes that are scattered throughout the book.

Chapter 3 was entirely rewritten too, it describes many alternative therapies like colloidal silver and light therapy. This chapter alone will save you thousands in medical bills. I bought a colloidal silver generator and began making the stuff. I swear I was getting the flu, but the silver nipped it in the bud.

Chapter 5 is even better than it was in the first book. It contains all the diseases and frequencies, but there's so much more text about the diseases, how they incubate, what parts of the body they infect, and what else you can do for yourself besides apply frequencies. It's like getting a 200 page mini lesson on how the body works. A lot less dry than a medical textbook, but chock full of good information.

One of the best features of the book is how well it's organized. There's a chapter outline at the beginning of each chapter, which is very helpful for telling you exactly what's in the book and on what page. With that, you almost don't need an index, but this book has an index too. And I almost forgot, there are many pages of photos. Some are interesting for historical reasons, the ones with Rife, his wife, his microscope and ray machine, and newspaper clippings of the period. If you were at all skeptical that this technology existed, the clippings will convince you otherwise. Then there are photos of different types of Rife devices to go with the explanations of how they work. If you want to buy any of these machines, go to Appendix A.

I can't say enough good things about this book. I'm glad it's in hardcover, the binding on the old softcover was falling apart. Even if you have the old edition, get this new one. And save up to buy a Rife machine. I am.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 30, 2010
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
Dr. Sylver has compiled a major work in an extremely readable style. This book covers history as well as current thought and guidelines for maintaining a healthy holistic lifestyle, while exposing a dark side to our national approach to health care. Her understading of the material is truly impressive and her clarity of presentation is refreshing. As well, she gives full credit to all the sources for her information and assertions. This is no rant by some fringe character, but a well researched comprehensive reference book which will be of service for years to come
on April 17, 2010
Format: Hardcover
While this book contains a lot of information about the frequency method of treating disease, it actually is far more than that. I am only one forth of the way through the book, and I feel like I have already got more than my moneys worth.

I am fairly well versed on using frequency treatments, or at least I thought I was. Nenah has furthered my understanding of that subject as well as several others, and I have three fourths of the book to read yet.

I cannot imagine how she managed to research so many areas of health and how to maintain it, but she has. It is both backed up by available research and a good dose of common sense.

This book is truly one of a kind, and important to anyone that want to get or remain as healthy as possible. You simply will not find so much important information on many health related subjects in one place. Not faddish information that will be proven inaccurate, but solid, well researched information you can make use of for the rest of your life.

No regrets on this purchase.
on July 26, 2010
Format: Hardcover
Having recently received my updated book : The Rife Handbook of Frequency Therapy with a Holistic Health Primer, I was amazed at the vast upgrade in information! Wow! This is a really large reference book that I can refer to with most any health question.
Dr. Sylver begins with the history of pharmaceuticals, the development and double blind studies as well as the funding for drug testing, in addition to covering the side effects of these drugs. She describes the political aspects; the history of this controversy between chemicals and natural medicines; how in many cases the side effects of pharmaceutical drugs are being used for emotional and anxiety problems are worse than any cure; how the drug industry censors natural methods of healing; and the many cover-ups of these money makers for the drug industry. One has to understand the issues of toxicity and side effects to fully appreciate the beauty and simplicity of Natural and Holistic Medicine. With the overuse of antibiotics, and the percentage of patients becoming immune to these drugs, the benefits of Alternative Medicine become very critical! The freedom to choose one's path is based on the knowledge of choices available, and with The Rife Handbook, the reader gets quite an education as to what those choices are and why they need to be known.
It's important to understand that we as consumers are not presented with all choices of treatments, as so many ask, "If this works so well, then why haven't I heard about it?" It is with this background that Dr. Sylver presents Royal Raymond Rife.
Rife was a genius who was able to build microscopes that to this day have not been surpassed. His Beam Ray devices had an almost 100% cure rate. Unfortunately, there wasn't any money to be made if people were healthy; so, the pharmaceutical industry and its affiliates persecuted Rife, and caused his friends and backers to deny they even knew him. Dr. Sylver covers the history and philosophy of Rife, cautions and contraindications for use, types of Rife therapy devices and wave forms, the advantages and disadvantages of various types of devices, and how to administer sessions for a wide variety of diseases, including a nice question and answer section.

This book is extremely comprehensive. It is wide in scope, as she discusses many modalities to health other than Rife. What I've discovered in the many years of my own research is that even if one is able to kill the pathogens, if one doesn't detox properly, or cleanse and rebuild with enzyme rich foods and juices, one can die as quickly from being toxic as they might from the disease itself! So Dr. Sylver wisely covers the importance of Pure Water, Supplements, Essential oils, Hydrogen Peroxide and Hyperbaric Oxygen, and even discusses Enderlien's Pleomorphism theories and homeopathic remedies. She covers glandulars, Standard Process's supplements and the founder's fight to keep them "therapeutic," chiropractic, light therapy, and so much more.
Dr. Sylver includes 204 pages of frequencies in chapter 5, tables with information on ailments, descriptions, and experimental frequencies that can be used for treatment. She has a closing chapter on the emotional spectrums we go through when we find ourselves in a terminal situation. Appendix C is a comprehensive, technical yet understandable essay on Healing with Electro-medicine and Sound Therapies, which includes a wonderful section on Laser Therapy. This has been a personal life saver to me and many others I personally know.

Although this is a large book, the author has a very well organized chapter outline at the beginning of each chapter, and an index. Plus, everything is well documented in a comprehensive Bibliography. I think anyone can easily find what they're looking for in this book. This comprehensive book gives an excellent overview of almost any topic we would want to know about in our quest for healing, plus a lot of surprisingly detailed information I haven't seen anywhere else. The ISBN number is 978-0-9818075-0-8. It is not only very well written, the typesetting is exquisite. This is a wonderful addition to anyone's holistic library. I know you will greatly benefit from reading this wonderful Handbook!
Jennifer Ruby
[...]
on July 20, 2010
I bought the e-version of the book, THE RIFE HANDBOOK by Nenah Sylver, last
year soon after it was released. There was no hard copy at that time. If there had been, I would have bought it.
Permission was granted for printing out a copy which I did. It fills a three inch binder. I spent weeks reading it
last autumn. I jumped from section to section and read some sections more
than once. Now I refer to it frequently. I never use the electronic copy
that is on my computer although I like the thought that it is there should
something happen to my print out.

I like picking up the book and quickly turning to the pages I have stuck
with post-it notes. I use it as a reference book. It complements the use of my frequency generator.

THE RIFE HANDBOOK is one of the most comprehensive health books I have
read and is well researched and documented. I highly recommend it.
on March 12, 2011
Format: Hardcover
This book is great! It is not just a frequency handbook, but it is the ultimate frequency handbook.

When I first got my frequency device in 2006, the only thing I had to go on was the CAFL. I remember reading through it and wondering what it all meant. If I had had Dr. Sylver's book, I would have understood it all so much sooner and saved myself a lot of frustration. If you are new to frequency therapy, this book is a must. Dr. Sylver goes into great detail explaining frequency therapy, different frequency therapy devices, how they work, and how to give yourself a frequency therapy session. Then she goes further and explains the CAFL, and how to apply frequencies to your health situation.

It is also FULL of valuable natural health information. Dr. Sylver explains and discusses everything from water filters to pH balancing, drug and herb interactions, pleomorphism, bodywork, an in-depth discussion of how our food is raised, light and color therapy, and numerous other alternative and complimentary therapies. I could go on, but I think you get the idea. There are even some easy recipes in it!

I like the fact that you can go to the index, find what you are looking for and dip into the book as needed. You don't have to read the entire 732 pages to benefit from it.

The material in this book has been researched extensively. It is referenced, cross-referenced and indexed. Dr. Sylver explains everything very clearly. If you are ill, I think you will find that it won't be hard to read and understand the information presented.

It is worth three times the price. I could have saved hundreds by purchasing this book alone and foregoing dozens of other books I bought around the $25 price point.
on July 19, 2010
Format: Hardcover
I really likes the older version UNTILL i read the 2009 version which is ever better. The author is a really good wordsmith OR writes is a style that is very helpful for me to get the most out of the information. I have and use a Frequency Generator (i.e.: super zapper, Rife machine, etc)
and i find this book very helpful in getting the most out of my frequency generator, for better health for myself and to help my friends. I am on a couple of yahoo Health lists and someone recommended this book and boy am i glad they did.
on July 16, 2010
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
This book was not at all what I expected. According to the table of contents, I expected a book that would tell me (preferably pretty early on...I'm sick, remember?) who Rife was, what he discovered, and how he discovered it, including a list of frequencies I could attempt to use with my own machine. To the author's credit, this book is huge, and does e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y tell me about these things in some detail and provide me with `a' frequency list, but the Consolidated Annotated Frequency List is NOT included by the author of this lengthy book for whatever reason? Why I ask? It's certainly large enough.

And before I got to the `meat' of the Rife story in this book, I had to first grit my teeth through this heavy encyclopedia, pages and pages (over HALF of the book, in fact) of `old news' and the ever-basic, no-brainer health information that I imagine most people interested in rifing are already aware of... why big pharma, chemicals in food and water, fluoride, pasteurization, vaccines, antibiotics, etc... etc...etc... are bad for me, and why eating right, drinking enough water, getting enough rest and exercise, blah blah blah... are good for me. Unfortunately, by the time I got through ALL THIS prolonged suspense, the excitement of learning about rife therapy had somehow worn thin with me? The author jumps around from topic to topic so much, with an annoying overuse of "more about this later" or "more about this is chapter X", that frustration and impatience doesn't even begin to describe how I was feeling reading this book. I'd try flipping forward in the book to find exactly `where' the story and theory of rife technology was actually due to begin in this book, think I'd find it, only to be frustrated again because the author had gone off on yet another topic tangent of holistic medicine...in a chapter that was supposed to be about rife. In my opinion this book should have been called 'A Holistic Health Primer, with The Rife Handbook of Frequency Therapy' instead of 'The Rife Handbook of Frequency Therapy, with a Holistic Health Primer'.

What bugged me even more about this book was the fact that the author barely touches on, let alone expands on, the subject of electromagnetic and information-carrying radio-frequency and microwave radiation in the environment and the likelihood that our increased reliance on such technologies that generate electromagnetic radiation and especially information-carrying radio and microwave frequencies (power lines, cell phone and Wifi technology, including the towers and antennas that are keeping us all 'connected') is probably the reason WHY our bodies are not getting the `right' frequencies and signals to begin with. I would've rather the first half of the book have dealt with that topic in detail instead of all the no-brainer stuff. It'd made more sense.

If you want an encyclopedia that tells you a little bit about every old-news holistic health topic, with a good amount of information on Rife, get this book. If you like to read well-written, 100% scientifically-based, non-monotonous, believable books, I recommend `Cross Currents' and `The Body Electric' instead, both by Dr. Robert O. Becker. And B. Blake Levitt's 'Cell Towers: Wireless Convenience? or Environmental Hazard'.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 29, 2012
Format: Hardcover
If you are serious about your health, and everyone wants to be healthy! Well most do! I highly recommend this book. I am a practising therapist, read countless books and been on many courses. I can honestly say this is one of the best books I have ever read/owned.
It covers many aspects of wellness, from diet, politics of medicine, environmental toxins and how to get rid of them, the germ theory and the terrain, frequencies for healing, sound therapy and much more.
Id be suprised if you werent impressed by this book!