It is a welcome resource for those training in spine surgery as well as a contemporary refresher before surgery.--AANS Young Neurosurgeons' Newsletter
The authors have been very successful in condensing many important aspects of spine surgery into a relatively small, portable paperback handbook.-- Journal of Neurosurgery
From the Back Cover
Praise for this book:
Overall, this book provides little opportunity for criticism and is a gold mine of
quick reference material and user-friendly illustrations.--Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery
Drawing on the experience of leaders in both neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery, Handbook of Spine Surgery is authoritative, concise, and portable, designed for use in a fast-paced clinical setting. Its coverage of both principles and techniques of contemporary spine surgery, including anatomy, pathology, procedures, and instrumentation, makes it highly useful as a refresher before surgery, an easily digestible study guide, or a daily companion for physicians caring for patients with spinal disorders.
- An easy-to-read, bullet-style format that provides readable but not overwhelming content
- Surgical Pearls that tap into the experiences of surgeons who have mastered that procedure
- Common Clinical Questions (with answers) at the end of each chapter that highlight topics frequently encountered in the operating room and on board exams
- Superb visual examples that illuminate the procedures described
- Helpful appendices that cover positioning, spinal orthoses, and scales and outcome measures
A first-of-its-kind, this handbook is designed to be the go-to guide for those conducting and involved in surgical spine treatment.