5.0 out of 5 stars Used as 8th graduation gift
I gave the 7th Edition of the MLA Handbook to my graduating 8th graders. (O.K. Not so great to a cool 8th grader, but on some dreary, blurry-eyed night, they will say, "Thank you!".
Published on June 21, 2009 by E. R. Whorton

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair Reference
Published on February 28, 2010 by Curtiss L. Maddox

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as 8th graduation gift, June 21, 2009
This review is from: MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th Edition (Paperback)
I had demonstrated the use of the MLA Handbook and provided students with the opportunity to practice using it. Using such research handbooks is not an intuitive task for young researchers. I created a game in which a student would ask how to reference an unusual source and another student would use the MLA Handbook to teach the class how to provide both in-text and works-cited references. Since most high schools require MLA, my students learn to use the MLA Handbook rather than 'wing' referencing. Students found the MLA Handbook a very useful tool when forced to write without internet access, and a wonderful grammatical `reminder' as well. '
For advanced students, I would prefer to use the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers 7th Edition and selected books/works than textbooks!

5.0 out of 5 stars MLA Handbook for Writers, April 20, 2011
Daniel "24valve" (chandler, texas United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased the large print edition of this manual and I am glad I did. It is so easy on the eyes. With plans to attend grad school, I decided to invest in this writing manual. I already have the APA guide, but I wanted this one to help my understanding of grammar,syntax, and other editing tips. I have found the manual to be very good and easy to follow. I highly recommend this book as a gift for high school graduates with plans to attend college.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Much Need Resource for Students, December 13, 2011
I don't know how any student can live without this book if their classes require MLA citation and paper formatting. I come from the world of Chicago citations so the MLA was very confusing to me. I was very thankful this book was laid out in a manner that helped me find what I needed and find it quickly. It has a great table of contents that makes searching for particular issues and cases easy. It gives great examples and covers all the latest in technology resources that a student could be using in preparing essays or research papers.

If you need to use MLA citations and formatting, this is the book for you. The online sites can help, but I found this book to be easier to use and quicker to access as it was right next to me at all times.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair Reference, February 28, 2010
The book is ok, but it's poor when it comes to web references. It covers web citations, but shows no examples of web quotes. This is a prolific problem everywhere. Try looking up web quote examples, and you only get citation examples. Very frustrating and I feel that my money wasn't wisely spent when I got this book as I was trying to avoid having this problem in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary, April 20, 2013
If you need to write a paper, and your college or professors are following MLA rules, you can not do it without this book, even if your studies are in Spanish.

4.0 out of 5 stars MLA writing, October 11, 2012
P. Gladfelter (Harrisburg, PA USA) - See all my reviews
"MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers" has been very helpful when writing college papers. I like the examples. I wish they had more examples though especially for web citations. Sometimes I do find the layout difficult to figure out but I'm not sure if it's the layout or just my unfamiliarity with the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven-sent Reference Book, October 14, 2011
Stef G. (Philippines) - See all my reviews
I'm really, really happy I bought the 7th edition MLA handbook. It's got every possible detail about the MLA style in it, plus exclusive access to the MLA website and its many services. I'm sure that once I'm faced with difficult research papers and, ultimately, thesis writing, this handbook is going to be one of my closest friends during those trying times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, April 18, 2013
This textbook, required reading for a course I was in, is so easy to read. The table of contents is logically laid out and I found it super simple to navigate.

5.0 out of 5 stars The english students bible, April 9, 2010
Debra W. Huly "Mattski" (Woodland Hills, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Aside from occasional trouble finding the exact answer I'm looking for, this handbook is perfect. No matter what technicality or rule I happen to be confused about, the 7th edition offers every M.L.A. answer I need solved. The most useful section for college students such as myself is the "citation" area that covers how to cite every source imaginable. This book was originally purchased for one class, but I will be using it for countless more to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars a necessary evil, June 20, 2013
I have to use this manual occasionally for references for MLA that I can't find online. In general, the online references are better and more easily discovered. The index on this must have been generated by computer; it is inadequate.

MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th Edition
MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th Edition by Modern Language Association (Paperback - January 1, 2009)
$22.00 $19.30