Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 9, 2014
I first gave this an awful review, but changed my opinion today after I realized that each protector comes with a film on each side that is removable and should be thrown away.

All 3 protectors come with 2 stickers -- one with red text; another with blue text. When you remove the stickers, it leaves a lot of glue residue. However, the residue is on the disposal film. Once you remove the disposal film on each side, the protector is nice . . . and free of glue residue!

With my new found knowledge, I would buy this product again.
on October 3, 2013
I have applied screen protectors to a various devices before, and this one went pretty smoothly. The small size probably helped. Tape helped get any dust off and it went on just fine.
It's not super durable, but it is meant to be sacrificial anyway. Not being a touchscreen probably helps keep it clean.
on May 6, 2014
This is very hard to install satisfactorily. There are 2 issues. First, it is a challenge getting in on straight. Second, it is very hard to keep dust out from between the unit and the plastic protector. The very finest, smallest piece of dust will cause a very noticeable bubble in the screen. If you could get it installed properly it would be pretty good. They give you 3 of these in the package, I suppose for 3 attempts. My second attempt was good enough that there were only a couple small bubbles near the edges, hence not affecting the map itself, so I have 1 more try for when this gets scratched up.

In all fairness, for all I know this might be a normal problem with all screen protectors, and maybe there are some tricks to make the installation easier with better results.
on June 24, 2013
great little screen protector, easy to install and covers the whole screen. Just have to wet the screen before applying it so the air pockets work themselves out quickly.
on January 1, 2014
i did a little research buying screen protectors for my gps. these are one of the good ones and super cheap. in fact the cheapest available actually. ive bought a lot of crappy screen protectors that never seemed to fit right, some i even had to cut. these aligned perfectly and installation was a breeze. to make installation super easy on yourself pull out part of the first protective layer about .5" or so. align it so everything is straight and the whole for the joystick is even around it. then just hold the part you stuck, rip off the remaining layer and plop it down. some protectors ive used require a lot of work with a credit card but this one is thick enough it pretty much does all the work for you. make sure the screen is squeeky clean before you start working. the microfiber cloth that comes in the package is a joke but if your like me you have millions of freebie cloths to use
on March 1, 2013
It's easy to apply and clear and it protects my screen from scratches. What more could I want?
When I first bought my GPS I bought a single screen protector, which seemed enough. But I dangled the GPS from my pack straps, and when I took my pack off and leaned it against a rock, the protector got scratched. It's easy to bang your GPS against rocks & stuff if you actually use the thing. Buy a 3-pack of protectors, and you'll feel less like a dummy.
on July 5, 2014
I've never used a protector on my earlier GPS receivers but I did worry about scratching the screens since I often carry the GPS in a stuff sack in a motorcycle saddlebag, not the smoothest ride. The protector fits exactly and was easy to install. I have pit on decals and so forth before so I knew the drill. Fortunately there are 3 provided if your first attempt is less than a success.
VINE VOICEon April 27, 2014
this comes in a 3 pack. it is easy to peal out and place on the unit. the bubbles rub out super easy and stays on extremely well. it is thick plastic and no distortion for the screen. dropped mine a couple times now and it scratched the plastic. i just replaced with another one and kept going. great product to have to protect that etrex
on July 20, 2014
This is a high quality plastic screen that fits well. Be sure to read the directions for installing. The actual screen is sandwiched between two layers of plastic: one protects the adhesive surface and the other the outer surface. There are two tabs, one on each protective layer. As I said, read the directions.
on May 19, 2014
Very thick and strong film. I don't even feel right calling it a film because it's more like a thin rigid sheet of plastic. I had no problems putting it on my GPS (I've historically had trouble putting other screen protectors on phones, etc, but this one went on very easy). It's cut to fit the GPS very well.

See 1 answered question