5.0 out of 5 stars Handmade Katana, June 18, 2009
J2MC (NEW GUINEA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handmade Death Fang Dark Ninja Two Handed Full Tang Katana Sword (Misc.)
Let me start by saying I have several swords but by no means am I an expert. I don't us the proper Japanese Katana lingo. Let me start by saying great sword very well balanced. Very fast. Good and sharp with a deep blood grove. I ran it through several cutting test (no stress test) and it performed great and kept its edge. The steel is also a good grade 1060 carbon with a nice finish. No extra's which is perfect for me very low profile. It appears to be well made and hand guard is really different high quality. Looks good and is fully functional in defense and offense. The leather rig is nice but the buckles could be better a bit weak. Also the tip of the sword is not a typical Japanese Katana style. To bad O well. The sheath fits nice it is just tight enough. The fittings on the sheath are nice but they remind me of the Mazda emblem. No big deal. The nylon hand wrap is very secure and smooth and gives a good grip. The skull is ok. Myself I could do with out it, but it's not all that noticeable. And change the name. Over all I am really happy with it especially for the cost combined with the quality. A grade

4.0 out of 5 stars didnt blow my mind to weild..., June 10, 2009
When buying this sword i thought i was going to get a quality piece, short of full functionality. When received, this thought was more or less true. As stated, this didn't blow my mind to wield and I haven't tested it for quality ( and I don't plan to ). But what i got was a decently crafted sword, with not too much attention to detail. Definitely doesn't look handmade.

The nice looking blade comes greased and polished to a nice mirror finish. Razor sharp? NO. But pretty sharp nonetheless. The black skull on the bottom of the handle popped off upon removing the sword from the box, it was just poorly hot glued in. I super glued it back and it seems fine. The scabbard looks nice on the outside, but is bad on the inside. When you remove the sword it leaves white marks along the sword. A big pain.

All in all, if the blade is really high carbon steel and will hold the edge, i think it was worth the 80 bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Weapon, March 1, 2011
While the handguard is a lot different, everything else about this katana is as it should be. It doesn't come overly sharp, but it can be easily sharpened. I cut myself on it while sharpening once about a month or 2 ago and it still hasn't fully healed right (Mr. T. would pity this foo'). It bled for quite a while and didn't hurt much. Twas a nice clean cut from just a small amount of pressure. I imagine a good swing would do someone in.

If you need an inexpensive weapon for home defense, I'd recommend this. Light, quick, and can take down home invaders quietly. Guns make a lot of noise (especially inside) and are likely to go through your target and the wall behind him. This sword will save your eyes and whatever is on the other side of the wall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, unique sword for the money!, August 16, 2010
Well, I read both of the reviews for this sword, and my reaction is that it is a good sword for the money. It of course isn't an amazing sword that'll last forever, but all in all it seems to be a sturdy sword. I haven't done any cutting tests on it yet, but that'll come soon enough. My only complaint with the sword is something that has already been stated before me...I took the sword out of the box...and almost immediately the skull on the base of the handle fell off...really guys? Honestly its no big deal to me cuz I wasn't a huge fan of it, and I'll probably replace it with another cap with a design of my choosing, and I'm not going to rate it low because of that fact. In the end, I'm happy with my purchase!