Don't let nagging symptoms turn into injuries that can interfere with your massage therapy career. Save Your Hands offers massage students and professionals practical, medically sound information on how to recognize, prevent and treat injuries that are common among massage therapists. In fact, any bodyworker or manual therapist can benefit from the real-life tips and suggestions in Save Your Hands!
In a clear, easy-to-read, illustrated format, Save Your Hands!
- presents stress-reducing alternative massage techniques and approaches
- discusses how to use proper body mechanics to massage with less stress to your upper extremities
- gives you a strengthening and stretching routine designed for massage therapists
- tells you how to keep the demands of school and work from getting you injured
- provides treatment options, both traditional and alternative.
If you have ever had pain or discomfort from doing massage, Save Your Hands! is a sourcebook you can turn to for answers to your questions: Why am I getting these symptoms? What kind of healthcare practitioner should I see and at what point should I seek treatment? How can I schedule my clients so I can keep a manageable work schedule? Save Your Hands will give you clear guidelines to help you answer these questions and more.
A must-read for massage students and the recently certified/licensed!Published 3 months ago by Janice S. of Chicagoland Area