Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hanes Men's 10-Pack Classics Cushion Crew Socks 6-12
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 8, 2012
I have to give a 1-star review, to warn people that they might not get what they ordered. Just to be clear, the Hanes CLASSICS Crew sock (type H84) is a fabulous (5-star) sock - this is what is advertised. What I received, however, is the standard Hanes Crew Sock (type 18410). This sock is inferior and retails for $5 less per pack of 10. When I ordered from amazon, I received the proper socks. When I ordered from one of the third party vendors (Fulfilled by Amazon), I got the wrong socks.

Update: 1/29/2013:
Ordered another pack of socks, this time directly from Amazon. These were also the wrong socks - Hanes 18410, not the type H84. You can recognize these by the red writing on them. They are INFERIOR to the advertised socks. The 1-star rating stands and these will be going back as well.
66 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2011
The socks seem fine but the cotton Haines uses is so cheap and weak that they wear out extremely fast. That also goes for their underwear and t-shirts. I am a 59 year old consumer (not posting on behalf of some other company) and I have watched the cotton get weaker and weaker and the quality go down and down over the years. Holes develop after just a handful of mild washes (no bleach used either).
Maybe this is intentional to profit from more sales...I don't know; but it is VERY disappointing.
55 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2012
Bought these September of 2012.
These are not Hanes Classics as advertised. They are the thinner, more cheaply made style.
on May 22, 2015
Socks are great, but quantity advertised is deceiving. Exact words in description...quote: "A great value in 12-pair packs". Based on that description, I expected to receive 12 pairs...not 12 individual socks. I DID NOT receive 12 pairs of socks as was advertised. Just didn't want anyone else to be mislead by the description.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 18, 2014
Been buying and wearing Haynes socks for the last 12 years. The quality varies, depending where you buy them, and can vary among different shipments as well. Sometimes you will get the premium sock from this Amazon listing, other times you won't. Keep your eyes open and make sure and return them if you get the cheaper socks sent to you instead of this premium version.

The differences are mainly the thickness of the sock and the color of the Haynes logo. If you get a Red logo, send em back as you just paid for the premium sock that has a Grey logo, not red. The Red logo socks will wear out in less than 2 months, while the Grey logo socks should last a full year at least. That's been my experience with them.

This time I hit pay-dirt. (Grey logos all the way around) These socks are thicker than the usual type of Haynes and you can instantly feel more comfort after sliding into them for the first time. I put 10 new pairs in rotation, wearing each pair once before washing and then staring over to ensure even wear. Regular wash, regular heat in the dryer. Works fine!

I am a size 11 wide and they fit perfectly. No complaints and I am happy I bought two bags this time so I have a backup bag-o-socks for the day all these wear out. Amazon's pricing is a bit steep on these and some comparison shopping at the brick and mortars will save you a bit of cash. I opted for the convenience or ordering online and have no regrets.

Great socks, as long as you get the Grey logo on the toe.

Recommended by ME, Marty G
on December 14, 2011
I'm a size 12 foot, and i should have known better to buy a "One-size-fits-all" type sock. These are just too tight and too short. I perfer something that at least comes near my calf, these hardly hit the bottom 3rd of my calf all the while squeezing the life-blood out of my feet. Good for kids i suppose, but if you are an adult, look somewhere else.
on August 6, 2011
The socks are good quality. They are reasonably thick, and do not feel like they will tear anytime soon. The price was extremely reasonable for the quality. They are comfortable on the feet. My only gripe is that you can tell from the touch on your feet that they are only 78% cotton. In the summer heat they have a bit of that feeling like they just will not absorb enough. When you get home, you want to take them off. A little more cotton and a little lest polyester would have made these better.
on April 3, 2016
These are nice socks but I'm a size 12 and clearly they dont fit. I was also under the impression that I was buying a size 10-13 that i selcted under the size choice but a 6-12 was delivered. Why have a size option if they're all 6-12? And what sock fits a size 6 foot AND size 12? Not this one!
review image
on October 17, 2011
Why does Hanes think that a sock that fits a size 12 will fit a size 8.
These are terrible and slide down and bunch at the base of my foot.
I will not purchase a pair of their socks again until the resolve their poor sizing.
on June 15, 2016
Great socks for everyday life. Keeping all of my socks one color, design, and length makes it incredibly easier to find a match each morning. All of my socks are kept in a single drawer and it saves significant time during both laundry and getting ready in the morning.
These socks are medium quality. They won't last forever, but they're comfortable and think enough for all seasons. They won't shrink and they're large enough not to easily go missing in the wash. When they start wearing thin I just buy another bag. I replace my socks every 6-12 months.