5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boxer Brief from Wearing Boxer Shorts!!!
Published on March 18, 2007 by A. M Mullin

1.0 out of 5 stars Hanes products have really gone down hill!
Published 24 months ago by Knightwind

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boxer Brief from Wearing Boxer Shorts!!!, March 18, 2007
If you were previously a briefs wearer before trying out these Comfortsoft Hanes Boxerbriefs, I can see why you may be fussy about the "support" in your underwear products; but for Boxer Shorts wearers wanting to snuggly fit into tighter jeans without the over-supportive feel- or (with boxers) the sudden bagging up, Hanes has found a way to make boxer briefs more boxer than briefs. In addition these are great for saggers, and make your butt more fluently attractive to the ladies without feeling like you're dressed for a WWE wrestling match. The reason why the price is so low is that Hanes is practically the highest selling underwear, t-shirt and clothing brand in the World.

However if you're looking for support:

Medium Support (Support with comfort):

2xist

C-IN2

Firm Support:

Calvin Klein

Puma

1.0 out of 5 stars Hanes products have really gone down hill!, August 28, 2012
This review is from: Hanes ComfortSoft Boxer Brief (Pack of 4) Asst Solid Small (Apparel)
I have in my drawer a pair of Hanes Comfort Soft underwear I bought from a local big box store about 3 years ago. They are soft, comfortable, and breathe fairly well. Unfortunately, these new Hanes "Comfort Soft" [NOT!!} underwear may resemble the old ones in a picture, and both are called Comfort Soft, but in real life they are simply HORRID. The material is so rough I feel I could use them to hand scrub heavily stained pots and pans. The problem is they are using such a rough fabric, that it is extremely irritating to my skin. In addition, this product does NOT breath at all. I found myself waking up with so much sweat in all the wrong places, that I had to slip off my underwear in the middle of the night and fling them across the room. In addition, because they use such crappy material for the body, the wrap around on the waistband is just about as rough as any waist band I have ever felt. There was no point in even wrapping these waist bands.

I will NEVER buy a Hanes product again!

After having tried several brands that are being sold today, I have finally found underwear that IS good. If you want soft, comfortable underwear that breathes properly, you want Stacy Adams underwear. It is my #1 choice. Eddie Bauer isn't too bad either, but if I could give Stacy Adams underwear a 10 star rating, I would give Eddie Bauer underwear probably a 7 or 8 star rating, depending on the particular item selected. And, of course, Hanes underwear deserves a ZERO star rating, in my opinion. (Fruit of the Loom = 1 Star, just in case somebody is wondering... Merona USED to sell underwear my size, but stopped. The Merona underwear I have left would get about a 4 or 5 star rating. I've checked out Merona underwear at Target, and it still feels like the stuff I bought when it was available.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, July 18, 2006
The whole point of boxer briefs is to offer support and comfort while staying in place. Hanes products only do this for a short period of time before the legs become loose and the boxer briefs turn into regular boxers. I got so tired of this problem that I just bought all boxers because there was no point in wearing boxer briefs anymore. I would recommend boxer briefs made by Old Navy, Under Armour, and Nautica over Hanes. You may pay a bit more, but it's worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Major drop in quality, October 29, 2012
Punkinlight (Spring, TX United States) - See all my reviews
These are so disappointing in the drop in quality from my previous experience.
I have some comfort band boxer briefs from about 3 years ago and they are still 10 times better than these new ones.
These new ones have a narrower waistband and it is actually abrasive on the skin. The support is lacking and the elastic on the legs is already stretched after two weeks.
I don't write reviews, but these are such an obvious drop in quality I just had to.
I guess if you never had the older ones that truly are comfortable (and still are much better after 3 years) then you may think these are nice...
I have to find a new alternative..

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could retract my original review - DON'T BOTHER WITH THESE, August 16, 2012
Do not buy these, I wish I had not thrown the money away on these. Originally when I bought these for my husband he really enjoyed them. I even went so far as to order a second package of 4, especially when I saw the price decrease. SO SORRY I DID. Original purchases early 2012 - it is now August. He absolutely cannot (not to be confused with will not) wear these any more. The first 2 months were fine - he really liked them a lot; very comfortable and glad he changed from the regular briefs he had been wearing for years, usually Hanes brand. I followed washing instructions to the letter. He said after a couple months the elastic was no longer holding up. First: around the waistband was no longer holding up - no weight change, actually I purchased because he had lost weight but now has maintained. Second: the worst part - he says the elastic around the legs is completely non-existant. In other words does not hold him at all. We have thrown them all out. This is the first time he has insisted I go on Amazon & warn other people like we've relied on reviewers before us. Thanks to the reviewer who gave me a place to start to purchase different brands (2xist, C-in2, Calvin Klein, Puma) to see what he likes. So disappointed in the Hanes brand overall will not consider any more of their products for men or women ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for your balls, October 6, 2012
Let's be honest here. Why do men wear different kinds of underwear? It's because there are few things worse than having your sweaty nuts stuck to the side of your leg. One of the few things that is worse, is sitting on your poorly secured sack in a warm room. The first hour after a hot tub or a warm bath is a thing of terror for men. You ladies don't know that but it's true. You ever wonder why we sit down and then immediately stand back up with a look of grim determination?

Oh! The boxers! I forgot this was a review. These things are great. They keep them snug but not too snug, make your package look bigger (the wife likes that one), are breathable to avoid the leg-stick, and far and away best of all, doesn't have that accursed tag sewn in the bag that wore a hole through to your spine when you were a kid and couldn't afford your own underwear.

Well, now you can afford your own underwear, and if you have any sympathy for your poor nudz, these make a fine pair.

1.0 out of 5 stars More recent Comfort Soft Boxer Briefs seem to have problems, December 23, 2012
Scott Puckett (Bloomington, IL) - See all my reviews
I originally purchased a package of Hanes Comfort Soft Boxer Briefs from a Meijer store and was stunned by how astonishingly comfortable they were. They were, without question, the single most comfortable briefs I had ever purchased. After trying one pack, I quickly bought two more.

And this is where the problem started. The original pack I purchased had fabric completely wrapping around and covering the elastic waistband, then that fabric was stitched into place to ensure the elastic was completely covered and could not inadvertently become uncovered.

The two new packs did not have fabric sewn over the elastic. Instead, fabric only folder over the top of the elastic, not the bottom, leaving the elastic exposed, meaning that any time I had to pull the waistband down, the elastic scraped against every part of my leg it came into contact with. I called Hanes Customer Service and they were very helpful, noting that it sounded like I ran into a manufacturing error and sending out replacements.

I just opened the replacements and the same problem exists. The elastic waistband is not covered and, unlike normal boxer briefs, the fabric wrapped over the top of the waistband pushes the elastic INTO the skin, where normal boxer briefs have an elastic band which is flush with the rest of the material allowing it to avoid irritating the skin.

I called Hanes again, and the representative was very helpful (I really can't say enough good things about the customer service I've received from Hanes - their call center staff are truly exceptional), noting that it sounds like a manufacturer error. Again.

At this point, out of five packs, only one of those packs has included wearable underwear. The other four packs, constituting something on the order of 18 pairs of underwear, have been unwearable because the bottom of the elastic band is not covered inside the briefs, meaning that it feels like rubbing sandpaper over your skin every time you take them off.

It sounds like a large number of people are having this problem, based on the number of negative reviews mentioning the elastic. While I'm not sure if this is a manufacturing error or a change in how these underwear are made, I do know that I've only gotten one good batch out of five packs, two of which came directly from Hanes' warehouse, and the representative I spoke to absolutely understood why I don't feel like I can trust Hanes' quality at this point, even though I'm a lifelong Hanes customer.

IF you get a good batch, these underwear are extraordinarily comfortable. They're soft and they fit well. However, it seems that this line either has quality control issues or has changed how they are manufactured, making any purchase of these boxer briefs risky until the issues are resolved, if that is the cause. If this is how these briefs are made now, DO NOT BUY THEM. You're better off with standard boxer briefs that don't force the elastic into your skin.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but weak, November 20, 2006
I concur with the other reviewer, the legs on these become loose very quickly. I noticed it after only two washings and one wearing. I'm going to hold on to mine, because they are fine for "looser" work clothing, but I'm looking for another brand for "going out" wear.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, poor quality, January 16, 2013
Dale P (New Mexico) - See all my reviews
I bought some of these same briefs about a year ago and really liked them, HOWEVER, these are not the same! The material is very thin and of a poor quality...I am very disappointed and will not take another chance on Hanes...I wonder if these are really Hanes or a cheap "knock off"..

1.0 out of 5 stars Not soft at all!, June 14, 2012
I bought these for my husband after reading reviews. We're both disappointed.
These are not soft to the touch. They are rough and I cannot imagine these to be comfortable. The quality is pretty flimsy. I suspect these are not real Hanes and will fall apart after a few washes.
These are definately going back.

Hanes 4-Pack Comfort Soft Waistband Boxer Brief 7460P4 2XL/Assorted Colors
$32.89 $13.61
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies