Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hanes Men's 6 Pack Full Cushion Ankle Socks, White, 10-13 (Shoe Size 6-12)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 15, 2011
For the last 4-5 years I have made it a yearly thing to treat myself to a whole new "set" of socks once a year. I throw ALL of my old white athletic socks out (donate), and get several new packages. I never mix old with new. Why? I love the feel of nice, soft, new socks.

I always buy Hanes socks. I have found I like them the best over Fruit of the Loom etc. But, after ordering this "level of sock, I am sure now that I am a "Sock Snob."

Don't settle on these. Treat yourself to the next level up and find the Hanes packages marked "Premium." You will thank me and yourself because for just a little bit more money (if any), you get socks that thicker, more padded, and softer to your feet. These socks felt very thin, not very soft, and like you were standing on lots of tiny little hard dense cottony balls.

I just exchanged my 24 pairs of this "level" of sock for the Premium. (They come in packs of 6+2 Bonus)

Sadly, I think over the years, even their "Premium" level has gone down in quality. They don't feel as thick as they used to. Honestly I would rather invest (pay) more and get higher quality if I had to than the same and get less. But, it's still the highest quality Hanes has to offer right now. Hanes if you are reading this, put out a "Hanes Deluxe Premium" or "Ultra Soft" level. If you make it, I will buy!

Don't settle for anything less than the Premium! You and your feet deserve it!
1414 comments|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2012
The only stretchy parts of these socks are the tops with elastic. The rest of the body of the sock is just a big terrycloth bag with no elastic at all. After one washing all of the "soft" inside part of the terry is hard and uncomfortable. I had 6 pairs of Hanes Fit that I bought in the store that I was trying to get more of. These definitely aren't them. If I hadn't washed them already they'd be going back. As it is will use some for staining wood.
on September 18, 2012
These socks are about as bad as you can buy. Talk about poor quality. They are so thin, you may as buy nylons. The only reason they have a cushion toe and heal is because the rest is so thin. What a pity that Hanes would put out such a lousy product. DO NOT BUY!
on July 25, 2012
They are socks, not much to write about, but these merit warning. The size is just right, your typical 6-12 Men's size which runs true to. The problem is the quality of the socks... they feel very rough, thin, and cheap overall. I thought Hanes stood for quality and comfort. If you ever went to a bowling alley or somewhere they give you free socks, these are worst than those. I will not buy Hanes brand ever again.
on April 7, 2015
The description of this item says 81% cotton, 16% Polyester, 3% other fiber.
But when I opened it I found that it was 57% polyester, 41% cotton, 1% natural latex rubber, 1% nylon.

It is very frustrating when you buy something trusting that the description of the product is true or near and then find than they lied you shamelessly.
review image
on January 24, 2016
I purchased Hanes mens ankle socks back in 2008, then again in 2015. The quality difference is astronomical. A sock should be designed in the shape of a foot, not a bag meant to hold something else. These socks fit wide, regardless of length. Not only is the design far off, but the cotton feels more like burlap. It seems Hanes has cut back on cotton and introduced more polyester instead. Who are these socks being made for – feet or potatoes?
review image
on August 19, 2012
Hanes Men's 6-Pack Full Cushion Ankle Socks
The quality of Haines socks have gone down hill.I ordered a six pack of "ankle" socks and even though the package was labeled "ankle" they were low cut. The picture on the package showed them to be ankle, even the drawings showing the various cuts indicated what an ankle sock should be.
The heels are not reinforced as indicated and the weave offers no cushion what so ever.
The material is so porous I doubt whether or not they will last through a couple of washings.
I think the problem, like so many items today, is that we out source to foreign countries and we get stuck with a cheaper product.
I would have returned them, however, once you cut open the bag they are non returnable.
Don't trust the pictures it isn't always what you are expecting.
Red Roger
on April 18, 2013
I'm a girl with a size 10.5 foot and I got these to wear with my cowboy boots. It's been pretty difficult to find something comfortable to wear with them but these are absolutely perfect! The cushy material keeps my ankles and heel completely safe from blisters and pain. I can walk in my boots for hours with these.
on November 10, 2015
I read the product description which says "full cushion" angle socks... I expected "thick" socks, which are the ones I find most comfortable. Instead I got "thin" socks - no different from any other ankle socks I have bought in the past. So, I am disappointed in this product.
on March 20, 2014
This is a different product from what's described, not like the ones I've bought before. The entire bottom is grey, not that it matters. They fit little loose, and the cushioning is very coarse like there was sand in the sock. I won't be buying anymore socks on line, I want to see them in front of me first. Maybe they're a counterfeit product we're always hearing about. This is the second batch of Hanes socks that's not been as advertised. I recently purchased some Hanes crew socks that were too tight and very thin (from the same seller).