Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on May 1, 2013
I'm not a small person. I'm 6' 3" and have been mistaken at the beach for a Beluga whale by near-sighted Greenpeace activists wanting to drag me back into the ocean.

It's rather hard to find these kinds of t-shirts around where I live. Apparently all good, heavy-weight, all cotton t-shirts are illegal (That's the only reason I can think of for never finding them) because stores just don't sell them unless they have pockets or corporate logos on them. I'm not happy with the short (as in regular sized) t-shirts I have, and hate being a walking advertisement for some sports company (and they should be VERY glad I don't wear their stuff!) and dislike pockets on my t-shirts, so I took a chance on these shirts and ordered a few from Amazon a few months ago.

I love the thicker t-shirts because they tend to wear better than the thin ones. I'm also a fan of cotton, which breathes much better than even the cotton/poly blends. When I sweat, rivers downstream from me go over their banks, so breathing is a good thing to let that evaporate instead of inundating unsuspecting river shore residents due to a bad synthetic blend. The 100% cotton on these makes them excellent in keeping me drier even on hotter days.

But the real ornament at the top of this tree is the length. It sits where a shirt is supposed to sit. Unlike it's regular sized cousins, it doesn't turn into a halter top at inappropriate or inconvenient times. Plumber's crack is no longer a problem, either, much to the relief of innocent bystanders who would otherwise be exposed to that horrifying sight.

It says it's pre-shrunk cotton and for a change, it is. I've had these long enough to have them washed several times with only minor fading and no shrinkage at all. They also seem to keep their fit instead of relaxing and turning into a tent hanging listlessly from your shoulders.

I like them so much, I ordered enough to replace all of my shorter t-shirts. I figure some shorter person will get more enjoyment from those while I thoroughly enjoy my new ones.
1919 comments| 315 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 13, 2013
So nice to find a tall shirt that doesn't start at XL.
I don't know why everyone assumes that if you're tall you must also be an XL-3XL and really like flower prints or pastel stripes but it's always nice to find some quality casual clothes that fit guys with my build. I'm 6'5", 215lbs and wear a Large Tall.

These shirts are made of pretty heavy cotton, I guess that's what the "Beefy" stands for. They feel nice, fit really well (kind of a fitted look) and the quality is actually pretty decent for such a cheap T-shirt. Tagless is a plus too.

You could wear them as a casual T or as an undershirt in cold weather. These are definitely not warm weather undershirts though. Way to heavy for that.

I've run em through the wash a couple times and they are holding up nice and keeping their color (I ordered black).
Not much else to say. Good t-shirts.
on January 21, 2014
I ordered 3 in 3 colors, red navy and steel gray, the gray was loose and was great while the other 2 were more fitted and tight and stretched as I wore them. The difference in size is really large and I found that odd, ill update this after I wash em, btw my size is an xlt

UPDATE these shirts are getting bumped down 2 stars, I washed em like they said with cold water and boom they shrank a size and fit like a non tall t shirt, I don't know what to buy but its not this
on February 12, 2013
My husband is tall and beefy. These shirts not only cover his back, but they take care of the girth as well. Excellent material that will last a long time.
on June 28, 2013
Finding red t-shirts for my 6'4'' son has been a nightmare. He's all torso and most Tall shirts, well, aren't tall. These were perfect. They are well sewn and a nice thick cotton that hasn't shrunk yet. I can't tell you how wonderful it is for my son to participate in gym class at school and know when he lifts his arm his shirt won't rise half way up his chest. I am ordering more in different colors for home. Thank you!
on January 19, 2014
3XT neck very tight, shirt snug (closer to 2X) which means HOT - returned. With 4XT size the neck is ok but overall shirt is way too big so it will be a pajama for me. Length (in TALL size) is good. Quality seems good, material is a bit on the heavy side. Dickies brand http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009YPX112/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 has comfortable neck fit and runs truer to size.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 7, 2014
I ordered these Hanes shirts and some extra tall Gildan shirts. They both fit amazing and were super long after the first wash, but each successive wash has shrunk them even further, to the point where they're quite similar to the rest of the t-shirts I have. As such I'm copying the same review here.

#########################

When I removed these from the drier the first time and tried one on I was in love. The main reason I got these as a tall individual was to help it so that I wasn't showing plumber's crack when I bent over, which is the case with traditional t-shirts.

These achieved exactly what I was looking for the first time I took them out of the drier...but unfortunately with each successive washing they have shrunk so much that they're on par with the other white t-shirts in my collection.

If you're in the same boat then I'm afraid to say that these aren't the t-shirts you're looking for.
on December 11, 2013
These shirts shrink at least 1-1/2 sizes after one washing. I am not a big guy, bought these to use as oversized sleep shirts. I'm 6'0, 200 pounds, and after washing these, they became a very tight medium/large, and the neck was very tight.

Do not waste your money on these, they are worthless.
on November 25, 2013
Shirt shrank so much that I could not wear it. I am very dissatisfied with this shirt. I bought some Key Industries shirts at the same time and they did not shrink.. I would not buy this shirt again.
on March 30, 2013
The length and fit are very satisfactory, the fabric weight is good: all in all an excellent shirt for the money. I've since bought another half dozen and donated all my old ones to the clothing bin. I wash in cold with non-chlorine bleach only, so I can't speak to how they stand up to a rougher washing.

LATE JULY 2013 UPDATE: Some few months later, they're still good.