4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Super-Stretchy Socks!
Published 20 months ago by Zrath Smiley

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tight around ankle / lower calf
I bought these because they looked almost identical to the Hanes crew socks that I bought at a local store (grey heel, grey toe with thin red stripe), but I ended up disappointed and ultimately returning them.

The quality is good! No problem there.

Published on August 17, 2008 by DigitalMan

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tight around ankle / lower calf, August 17, 2008
This review is from: Hanes Classics Men's Big & Tall 6-Pack Cushion Crew Socks (Apparel)

The quality is good! No problem there.

The problem (for me) is that they're extremely tight around the ankle / lower calf area, which is very uncomfortable and restricts bloodflow.

One might assume that maybe I'm overweight or have big ankles or something, but no that is not the case. In fact my legs are a little on the skinny side.

I don't know why they're different than the ones I bought at the local store, but they are. The only visible difference is once you have them up close, the ankle/calf area on these are more "ribbed" than the ones I bought at the store, which are much smoother / less ribbed around the ankle/calf. Other than that, they look identical and are the same brand.

I even tried ordering the larger size (12-14) thinking that maybe would make the difference. Nope. The only difference is that now my socks are too long. My ankles/calves still feel like they're being squeezed way too tight. Even after several washings / wearings, they have not loosened up.

Good product quality, but beware - if you have circulation problems or large ankles/calves, these might be uncomfortable for you and difficult to put on (I had to really pull and struggle to get them on all the way).

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Super-Stretchy Socks!, December 15, 2012
Zrath Smiley (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I was initially disappointed when I bought a pack of these socks. I took a pair out of the packaging to look it over and the socks looked teeny tiny, like for children. I mean, I wear size 16 shoes! How could such little socks fit my big dogs? But looks can be really deceiving because these wondersocks have magical stretching abilities! Once you put them on you feet, they grow to three times their length!
They're comfortable, they stay up, and the ones I bought over a year ago are not holey yet. I have super-hard big toe nails that, despite regular trimming, punch through most socks in a couple of months, but these suckers are holding up much better. Must be the stretchiness.
I'm totally buying another pack right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars all right by me !!!, March 2, 2008
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
These Cushion Crew Socks by Hanes are very well made and they keep your feet warm. I started to wear these when it's cold at night and I want to sleep with socks on my feet. These crew socks can be worn for athletic activities but they're probably more suited for everyday routine wear.

These crew length socks have a reinforced heel and toe; this makes them last longer and they still feel very comfortable on my feet. The socks only come in white; and that is a disappointment. However, these are relatively affordable yet good quality socks especially if you need white socks!

I would not dry these socks at high temperatures. High temperature drying would probably result in the socks becoming too loose on your feet. Eventually the fabric could loosen so much that the socks will "bunch up" almost as low as your ankles when you wear them--and that's very uncomfortable. Dry these socks at a lower temperature. Then they will remain just as comfortable as ever. I know mine do!

Overall, you can't go wrong buying these socks. They keep your feet extra warm during colder weather. They are manufactured so well that you definitely get more than your money's worth. Not bad at all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Garden Ridge, TX, December 10, 2007
Well made socks with good cushion support. Size was accurate. Would have rated them 5 stars but price increased $2 to $11. Would still buy at the $11 price.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, December 11, 2007
Right size, right fit, very comfortable. This is my favorite sock. Buy in bulk though...although comfortable they do wear-out relatively quickly -- especially if you keep them on 24/7 like I do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small, February 20, 2013
I wear a size 12 shoe but these socks don't fit my foot. Be careful if you buy these socks.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, December 23, 2012
I ordered these because I love my Hanes Big & Tall socks that I bought 5 years ago, but unfortunately (as other people have noted) the top part of these socks is completely different. The top part that covers the lower part of the leg is so painfully tight that I cannot bear to wear these for even one minute! I have normal legs with no swelling or edema, and these socks are literally painful to wear. I cannot understand why Hanes thinks this is acceptable. I am returning these socks, and getting the short "ankle-length" version, because oddly enough, the foot part is very comfortable, but the leg part is pure torture.

Very disappointed. :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, July 20, 2012
I like Hanes stuff. I always have. They have some fine comfy cotton.

But these socks are way too just small, a problem I never had with Hanes before.
And they just don't feel like Hanes should.

I recently returned some Hanes T-Shirts for the same reasons ...

4.0 out of 5 stars They're socks, December 15, 2011
I love these Hanes socks. They seems to last me a while and fit my size 13 foot really well.

The only thing I don't like is that each time I buy a pack, the style/material seems to change a tiny bit.

Hey Hanes! Leave the sock design alone!

3.0 out of 5 stars a little too long for my liking, December 6, 2010
Socks that fit are hard to come by for me so i tend to grab what i can find. I got these however didn't realize how long they would be. I have incredibly long legs and these things come just over 1/2 way up my calf. I have to fold them over otherwise they're just not comfy. If you don't mind the longer socks, these are perfect for big feet dudes.

Rate and Discover Movies