5.0 out of 5 stars Shrink in Wash
Just a heads up, these will shrink a lot in the wash. That's exactly what I was hoping for because the small was too tight on me, and at first the medium was too big, but now it fits just right. Other than that, it's an undershirt...exactly what you would expect and a solid price for a 5pack.
Published on February 29, 2012 by Daniel

I'm a 41 Long Suit Size Medium Frame

Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Shrink in Wash, February 29, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Detailed Comparison of 6 Types of Undershirts. These rank last because they shrink, baggy and thin, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Hanes Comfort Soft Crew Neck 5 Pack Tee (Apparel)
I'm a 41 Long Suit Size Medium Frame

Executive Summary: Unfortunately, after much trial and error, I can confirm that no undershirt fits perfect. The best you're going to get is the Jos Banks size Large followed by Dockers size Extra Large. They are higher quality material than the standard Hanes and have a nice length to tuck them in even after shrinking from washing.

Hanes Size Large (The kind you can buy at your local big box store)
Hanes Comfort Soft Crew Neck 5 Pack Tee
Prior to Wash Length: Nice tuckable length
Prior to Wash Fit: Baggy
After Wash Length: They shrank up the most of any shirt. They really aren't even tuckable now.
After Wash Fit: Still baggy
Quality: These are the thinnest of all the shirts reviewed here. The thin material, the bagginess and not being able to tuck them in, let alone keep them tucked in, is the reason I decided to try all the shirts below in search of a nicer quality better fitting shirt.

Hanes Size Large Tall
Hanes Mens Classics Tall Man Crew Neck T-Shirt # 9856
Prior to Wash Length: They were as long as the Dockers Extra Large
Prior to Wash Fit: Baggy. Half an inch wider on each side of the shoulder than the Dockers Large.
After Wash Length: Nice tuckable length. A tad shorter than the Dockers Extra Large
After Wash Fit: Tight through the shoulders though just slightly looser than the Dockers Large. They dug into my arm pits a bit. Slightly uncomfortable.
Quality: They are thick shirts, almost as thick as a standard t shirt (non-undershirt). 2 or 3 times as thick as the standard Hanes undershirts and thicker than all other shirts mentioned here. For this reason I don't like them.

Adidas Size Large
adidas Men's Athletic Comfort Climalite 2-Pack Crew Undershirt
Prior to Wash Length: Reasonable tuckable length
Prior to Wash Fit: Tight all around
After Wash Length: Barely tuckable
After Wash Fit: Almost as tight as a compression shirt. Tightest of all the shirts. They dug right into my arm pits. Uncomfortable.
Quality: The material is nicer and a tad thicker than the standard Hanes you can buy locally. Way too tight to wear.

Dockers Size Large
Dockers Men's 4 Pack Crew Neck T-Shirt
Prior to Wash: Nice tuckable length
Prior to Wash Fit: Comfortably loose, not really baggy
After Wash Length: Still tuckable, but they did shrink quite a bit
After Wash Fit: Tight all around, but not as tight as the Adidas. They dug into my arm pits. Uncomfortable.
Quality: Nice material, not too light like store bought Hanes, not too heavy like the Hanes Tall, but Jos Banks is just slightly nice, especially the collar.
Note: I bought a second package to confirm that I didn't receive a bad batch that overly shrank. Unfortunately the second package shrank just as much.

Dockers Size Extra Large
Dockers Men's 4 Pack Crew Neck T-Shirt
Prior to Wash Length: A bit longer than the Dockers size large
Prior to Wash Fit: Baggy. About 2 inches wider on each side of the shoulder than Dockers size Large
After Wash Length: Nice tuckable length
After Wash Fit: Baggy. They shrank up width wise so that they are about 1 inch wider than the Dockers size Large
Quality: Same as the Dockers size Large
Note: They are a tad too big for me, but I'd rather have that than too small.

Jos Banks Size Large
Not sure if these shirts show up in the Product Ads from External Websites, but they should if Amazon really wants to compete against the best, which is what this section of the website implies
Prior to Wash Length: Slightly longer than Dockers size large
Prior to Wash Fit: Baggy
After Wash Length: The length barely shrank at all. They are about 3 inches longer than the Dockers size Large after washing
After Wash Fit: Slightly baggy. Between the fit of the Dockers Extra Large and Dockers Large.
Quality: The material is a tad nicer than the Dockers, especially the neck. Time will tell, but I imagine the neck would be the last to roll out of all the shirts I've tried.
Note: I found these on sale for about the same price as the Dockers

5.0 out of 5 stars These Are So Freaking Soft, September 17, 2013
Well with driving to school more often, I now exhaust my undershirt supply faster, and with that, I needed more of them. I generally wear Hanes Medium so I'm fairly familiar with how they fit, and got these in Medium.

I'm aware that the supposedly "same" product can cost differently in different stores, but it's generally due to quality not price-matching. I've purchased Hanes undershirts from the Naval Exchange (NEX) so I'll be using those as the comparison.

Upon running out of my existing shirts, I opened these babies up...it's like slipping on velvet. Jeebus, when the tag says "Our Most Comfortable" they MEAN IT. A little longer than the ComfortSoft series (don't know if there's a official difference), but I'd say that's a plus for not slipping out the pants when you move about. Cooling ability is about the same for any cotton undershirt.

So how do they wash? I washed all but one during laundry day; standard coin operated washer and dryer, just liquid detergent. After pulling 'em out, I compared a washed one to a brand new unwashed one. The washed one still retained most of it's softness (I reckon you'll need to use softener to maintain that, totally worth it for these shirts), enough for me to discern it from my other white undershirts from touch alone. Shrinkage? Hardly, when I laid the washed and unwashed shirt side-by-side, I couldn't really see (or feel when worn ) a difference.

So in short, the comfort is really nice but doesn't flap like a flag when not tucked in. Very little shrinkage, the thickness of the fabric is probably Hanes best for their undershirts. I highly recommend getting these if you need'em, you won't regret it (unless you pick the wrong size).

Can't really say there's anything wrong with them other than there aren't more included!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very thin-not good, December 10, 2013
Out of the bag these shirts look like they have been washed 100 times. You can practically see through the shirts, I am not sure if this is a lower quality Hanes shirt or if Hanes changed the recipe. It is obvious these shirts will not hold up. In fact they are worse than the three old Hanes shirt I was replacing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Half Size Bigger.., March 16, 2012
This review is from: Hanes Comfort Soft Crew Neck 5 Pack Tee (Apparel)
Well, these shirts are half size bigger. I usually wear size large, but they seem a little bit bigger. As they're made of cotton, I hope it will shrink to fit me better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, July 3, 2012
I am very satisfied with my purchase ! Tee's were good quality and so soft would buy again very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect shirts, March 19, 2013
This is a simple cotton shirt at a good price. Does shrink in the first wash, but that is good because they start our on the larger size. Very soft and very white. Will be buying more for my husband.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality/Thickenss and great collar, December 11, 2012
Not much to say about tee shirts... They are tagless which is nice, the collar sits flat and is a good size thus far, not stretched out/stupid looking (one of the reasons why I needed more). They are holding up nicely so far. I wear undershirts like this every day and they have been washed several times since I've purchased them and they seem to be doing just fine.
Seemed a little expensive, you might be able to find them cheaper at Wal-Mart or something but I didn't feel like making the trip out there when work got busy so this worked out great.
They are shirts. They work. Get them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 9, 2014
Good quality, but the size I bought was large, it fits like xxlarge

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Quality, December 30, 2013
These shirts were fairly cheap, so I didn't have super high expectations to begin with, but these shirts have still managed to disappoint me. They have to be the thinnest shirts I have ever seen; they are literally see-through! I'll be shocked if they hold up through more than a handful of washings!

Hanes Comfort Soft Crew Neck 5 Pack Tee