5.0 out of 5 stars buy the beefy-t if you're beefy; otherwise just fine
Published on July 31, 2011 by Stanley R. Griffiths

3.0 out of 5 stars Hanes Tagless Shirts with Pocket
Shirts are okay. However, they do shrink up a lot. Buy bigger then what you actually need. Good delivery and no other problems with order.
Published on June 11, 2011 by S. L. Calhoun

5.0 out of 5 stars buy the beefy-t if you're beefy; otherwise just fine, July 31, 2011
A good shirt in the Hanes line; a slightly trimmer fit through the chest than the beefy-t. You should be aware of that difference when making your decision. I haven't washed it yet and can't opine on its color fade nor its shrinkage. The label says wash warm but I wash Hanes cold to deter the forementioned properties. All in all, a good shirt that is a cut less generous than the beefy-t, but not too tight or an athletic fit, and available in a wide range of colors. Fits nice, feels and looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars all right by me !!!, April 26, 2009
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Hanes Heavyweight Tagless Pocket Tee (Apparel)
Hanes makes an excellent "Authentic Tagless Pocket Tee" shirt for guys. I love to wear these tee shirts in summer; and of course they're every bit as good for warm days in spring and fall. The fabric is easy on your skin; it doesn't scratch or itch and if you want it extra soft all you need to do is add fabric softener to the wash when you wash it.

Moreover, these shirts last a lot longer than I thought they would. Given the low price I simply assumed that one season would be about the limit of what I could get out of these shirts. Nope! Even the stitching is much better than I expected. Happily, I was wrong--these shirts last two or even three seasons with the proper care.

And the "proper care" isn't too difficult, either. Just wash in any permanent press cycle. Again, just add in some fabric softener whenever you want the shirt to be extra soft; this is especially good for guys with extra sensitive skin.

Last but not least, the shirt pocket comes in handy. Sometimes when I drive or go around doing my errands, I can just put a few things into the pocket for easy access. Things shouldn't fall out as you drive or walk around and that's a nice plus. You can also put a pen or two into the pocket if you wish.

Overall, I really can't think of anything negative to say about this product. It can even be worn as an undershirt in colder weather. I must have about seven or eight of them right now; and I'll be buying more in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hanes Tagless Shirts with Pocket, June 11, 2011
S. L. Calhoun (Spring Hill, Fl.) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Hanes Heavyweight Tagless Pocket Tee (Apparel)
Mistake #1: Thought Hanes was a trusted brand.
Three months later, they have faded to that brownish hue, but still look kinda black in room light.
They have also shrunk in the mid section, and being 6.2, they are pretty much worthless now.
Generally they have not held up well at all.

I usually buy about three of four black pocket tees a year for the gym. Yeah, they get sweaty, but so have dozens of other brands over the years.
I always wash them in cold water and dry at the lowest setting, so they're not getting abused by hot water or being left out for long.
They have also been washed alongside other black tees that I've had for up to five years, and those look better!

Simply put, I've been buying black pocket tees for almost 20 years and this batch of Hanes have been the worst.

People don't usually return stuff like this, so I hope that they will read reviews to aid them in buying these items and avoid unnecessary frustration.

*TIP* About every other month, I put all my tees in a soaking wash with one cup of white vinegar. It takes the stinkies out and has helped the color stay fast, (well, except for the Hanes). This also works for acrylic running shirts and such.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hnes T-Shirts, May 5, 2011
My husband wears these to work for a landscaping co. and they are great. They have a pocket which is a must for him, and they hold up very nice in the laundry.

2.0 out of 5 stars Honey, I shrunk the Tshirt!!, September 28, 2012
After the first washing the shirt shrunk much more than I have ever seen. It was a very nice product for one wearing. Then off to the Goodwill

2.0 out of 5 stars Shrank about a size and a half, March 27, 2011
The shirts fit okay when they arrived, but after one washing, they shrank at least a size. They are now snug, which isn't what I wanted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, September 15, 2012
This review is from: Hanes Heavyweight Tagless Pocket Tee (Apparel)
I ordered three shirts via Amazon (NY Lingerie) on September 7, 2012. They were advertised on Amazon as "Fabric: 100% Open-end Cotton". The shirts I received were 90% cotton and 10% poly. I use these shirts when I exercise. I need 100% cotton for absorbency. Poly does not absorb. Do not buy these shirts!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor cut, April 23, 2013
Hanes has made good products in the past, but not these. I still wear the same size I always have, but these seem to be a whole size smaller. They seem very cheap. Hanes needs to pay more attention to quality control.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware, Order one size larger, will shrink one whole size., April 18, 2013
This review is from: Hanes Heavyweight Tagless Pocket Tee (Apparel)
I purchased 5 of these Hanes Heavyweight Tagless shirts in various colors, so far I have received a tan one and a steel grey one. I washed both before wearing, when I tried them on both where to tight. I usually wear only Carhartt shirts but I thought I would try these Hanes shirt out, boy am I disappointed, and I haven't even received all of them. This shirt should come with a warning, Buy shirt in one size larger, shirt will shrink.