5.0 out of 5 stars Shrink in Wash
Just a heads up, these will shrink a lot in the wash. That's exactly what I was hoping for because the small was too tight on me, and at first the medium was too big, but now it fits just right. Other than that, it's an undershirt...exactly what you would expect and a solid price for a 5pack.
Published on February 29, 2012 by Daniel

1.0 out of 5 stars Detailed Comparison of 6 Types of Undershirts. These rank last because they shrink, baggy and thin
I'm a 41 Long Suit Size Medium Frame

Executive Summary: Unfortunately, after much trial and error, I can confirm that no undershirt fits perfect. The best you're going to get is the Jos Banks size Large followed by Dockers size Extra Large. They are higher quality material than the standard Hanes and have a nice length to tuck them in even after shrinking...
Published 15 months ago by Ohioan

5.0 out of 5 stars Shrink in Wash, February 29, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars These Are So Freaking Soft, September 17, 2013
Well with driving to school more often, I now exhaust my undershirt supply faster, and with that, I needed more of them. I generally wear Hanes Medium so I'm fairly familiar with how they fit, and got these in Medium.

I'm aware that the supposedly "same" product can cost differently in different stores, but it's generally due to quality not price-matching. I've purchased Hanes undershirts from the Naval Exchange (NEX) so I'll be using those as the comparison.

Upon running out of my existing shirts, I opened these babies up...it's like slipping on velvet. Jeebus, when the tag says "Our Most Comfortable" they MEAN IT. A little longer than the ComfortSoft series (don't know if there's a official difference), but I'd say that's a plus for not slipping out the pants when you move about. Cooling ability is about the same for any cotton undershirt.

So how do they wash? I washed all but one during laundry day; standard coin operated washer and dryer, just liquid detergent. After pulling 'em out, I compared a washed one to a brand new unwashed one. The washed one still retained most of it's softness (I reckon you'll need to use softener to maintain that, totally worth it for these shirts), enough for me to discern it from my other white undershirts from touch alone. Shrinkage? Hardly, when I laid the washed and unwashed shirt side-by-side, I couldn't really see (or feel when worn ) a difference.

So in short, the comfort is really nice but doesn't flap like a flag when not tucked in. Very little shrinkage, the thickness of the fabric is probably Hanes best for their undershirts. I highly recommend getting these if you need'em, you won't regret it (unless you pick the wrong size).

Can't really say there's anything wrong with them other than there aren't more included!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect shirts, March 19, 2013
This review is from: Hanes Men's 5 Pack Comfort Soft Crew Neck Tee, White, Large (Apparel)
This is a simple cotton shirt at a good price. Does shrink in the first wash, but that is good because they start our on the larger size. Very soft and very white. Will be buying more for my husband.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, July 3, 2012
I am very satisfied with my purchase ! Tee's were good quality and so soft would buy again very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality/Thickenss and great collar, December 11, 2012
Not much to say about tee shirts... They are tagless which is nice, the collar sits flat and is a good size thus far, not stretched out/stupid looking (one of the reasons why I needed more). They are holding up nicely so far. I wear undershirts like this every day and they have been washed several times since I've purchased them and they seem to be doing just fine.
Seemed a little expensive, you might be able to find them cheaper at Wal-Mart or something but I didn't feel like making the trip out there when work got busy so this worked out great.
They are shirts. They work. Get them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely different quality!, April 25, 2013
I agree with the one reviewer below that made the statement "there is definitely a difference in quality from 'big box' stores and this from Amazon". Last year I purchased these 'same' shirts from Target. I washed them a few times and the collar totally crinkled up! I called Hanes to ask 'what's up with this'? They replaced them for free...as soon as I opened the new packages I could tell they were not the same quality; they were, however, the same quality as these from Amazon. I think that's a sleazy way for Hanes to do business, but I'm pretty sure they're not going to get too many complaints from the Walmart/Kmart/Target shopper. Oh, and the Hanes Boxer Briefs from Amazon (Hanes Men's 4 Pack Boxer Brief) fit into the exact same senario!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a hit with my husband!, October 30, 2013
Mary T Foster (Aurora, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
We got the 100% cotton tees at the recommendation of his allergist due to severe itchy skin breakouts wherever his dress shirts touched his skin. After just 4 days his skin is cleared up! He says they are super soft and comfortable. He will buy these exclusively in the future and recommends them highly

4.0 out of 5 stars Half Size Bigger.., March 16, 2012
Well, these shirts are half size bigger. I usually wear size large, but they seem a little bit bigger. As they're made of cotton, I hope it will shrink to fit me better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, September 20, 2014
I am a messy eating and seem to ruin all my white shirts. I needed some soft, durable, inexpensive white under shirts. I love these shirts. I have ruined 2 of the 5 but I don't mind because they are a great value for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be warned, your nips will shine!, September 23, 2014
I would normally wear these kind of shirts for indoor, or under dress shirts only, but be warned, the fabric is thin, and your nips will show through!