5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks for the working guy on his feet all the time
Published 20 months ago by Jamie

2.0 out of 5 stars They've Changed Them... Not For The Better.
We have been wearing these socks for more than 10 years and loved them! But this newest purchase is a major disappointment. The socks are thin when they used to be thick and cushiony, and they are no longer shaped to fit the foot. Just a sloppy tube that bunches up under your foot. So now I'll have to find a new supplier of socks...won't buy these again.
Published 16 months ago by Heidi B

2.0 out of 5 stars They've Changed Them... Not For The Better., March 16, 2013
Heidi B (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks for the working guy on his feet all the time, November 5, 2012
Jamie (Sorrento, Louisiana) - See all my reviews
My husband goes through socks like I have never seen anyone do. He works all day on his feet in heavy work boots. He is constantly walking and climbing. He usually wears holes in the tip of the toe part and the heel within a month of wearing them. He doesn't like the thicker heavier more durable work socks because he finds they make his feet too hot, plus I don't like them because they are so expensive. The "breathable work socks" are even more expensive...I've tried several brands of socks for him, and this is by far the most durable, cheapest (my words) and most comfortable (his words). Amazon offers them at a cheaper price than Wal-Mart plus with my prime membership, you can't beat the two day shipping. All in all, if you have a husband, son, male in your life that needs breathable, but durable, and affordable sock, this is your best bet in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Paper Thin, January 13, 2013
J. Watson (morristown, tn) - See all my reviews
Very disappointing. I can see my toes through the fabric! I've bought this brand from a retail store before and they were not this bad. I guess they have revised them and are trying to cut corners. These are terrible socks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!, September 5, 2012
They are a great value for the price. If you like or need white for your outfits, then get these! Shipped as expected and looked exactly as expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars CRAP... HANES CHANGED THEIR PRODUCT LINES... DO NOT BUY, August 19, 2013
M. A. Dodeman "Offshore Worker" (Three Bridges, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Once again... Hanes has changed the formula and screwed its loyal customers to save >oo2 cents per unit.

DEAR HANES:

Hanes crew socks have been a tried and true part of every Red Blooded American work boot wearer since the turn of LAST century.... WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE THE FORMULA?????

The old version were very spongy and soft cotton blend that were comfortable to wear in work boots. This version is a thin poly blend that's as thin as cigarette paper and slides all over the inside of the work boot. This material is so thin and cheap that I can see the veins in my feet THROUGH THE SOCK!!!!!! What the hell? Enjoy the loss of sales Hanes.... good luck with shifting your Cap-Ex next year back to marketing to attempt to win some of your customers back!!!!!!!! Idiots... hope someone gets fired over this.... I've got to run to the store and buy some SOCKS so I can get back to work.

1.0 out of 5 stars these socks used to be thicker and better quality, June 25, 2013
you know the saying "they just don't make 'em like they used too?", well, that sums up these socks now. The quality of the socks aren't what they used to be like a few years ago. further evidence of inflation

4.0 out of 5 stars Does Hanes even make socks anymore?, February 26, 2013
jordan s moore (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I ask, because every time I buy a pack of Hanes socks like this, either from Target, Walmart, Sears, or Amazon, they ALWAYS have different qualities. Some are thinner, some are thicker, some have one type of stitching, some have another. They all say HANES in the same place, but they all seem completely different. Any way, these socks were good enough for daily use, and I like the convenience of getting them on Amazon, but they were the thinnest, and least forming (not quite elastic enough) of all the Hanes I have purchased so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, Quality, Price, October 25, 2012
Liz Y (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
My husband is very happy with these socks. They fit him well, stay up without being too tight (he has big calves), and the price is very good, too. What more can we ask?

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality is GONE!, August 8, 2013
It seems the quality of most things has been on a very steady decline lately. Unfortunately Hanes socks are among the items taking a major dip. I have been wearing Hanes socks for the last 9 years and have witnessed the slow decline in quality and durability first hand.. I always purchase the same exact kind , hoping to get the same thing. Nope!

Upon receiving my order for these, I was shocked as I directly compared them to the ones these are replacing. I can honestly say that TWO of these current Hanes socks are about the same thickness as ONE sock of the earlier purchases. Yes, the material is VERY thin. Not only that, the socks seem smaller in size. As I say, I have bought the exact same type of sock for years now but they are both shrinking in size and in the amount of cotton they are using. Also, the cotton itself seems to be of lesser quality.

I would say it is a safe bet that these socks will be wearing out very quickly. All the heels went out in my last batch in less than 2 months and I am retired so they are not subjected to heavy usage of any kind other than machine washing in cold water. Guess I will need to shop around in some brick and mortar stores to find a suitable replacement.

Hanes, you USED TO BE good, now you pretty much suck! Phooey!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap - Thin - Highly syntheitc --- Terrible compared to the prior versions, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Hanes Men's 10 Pack Crew Sock (Apparel)
Cotton crew socks should not feel "skinny", but at least a bit plush. These Hanes crew socks feel terrible, like low-grade, cheap, thin, synthetic dress socks.

I also noted that these were slightly undersized: I'm a 11-1/2D shoe, so 6-12 socks should be snug, not tight. Of course, maybe this is more Chinese size junk, so they probably translate 11-1/2 as size 15.

I'll be returning these and buying 10-packs of good cotton socks locally, probably at Sam's Club.

Frankly, one of the reasons why I've grown used to grey toe/heel crew socks with decent cotton weight is that I no longer care about "The Land of Lost Socks". They are made as loomed tubes without regard to left or right and, until seeing this version from Hanes, all manufacturers have been producing them to a common standard of thickness and weave, making them 100% interchangeable. This spares guys from having to pair their socks or sorting through their laundry in search of matches. When a sock fails, discard it and move ahead with the rest of your stock.

Simplicity is a singular virtue.

Hanes Men's 10 Pack Crew Sock