5.0 out of 5 stars Socks, Very Nice
Okay, they're socks. They're gray socks. But almost a year into them, the elastic still holds, the soles are still cushy, and they haven't developed the hint of a hole in either heel or toe. Could've come up the calf another 3-4" if only for "scrunch down" factor, but that's a cosmetic detail most couldn't care less about.
Published on February 23, 2010 by William Young

1.0 out of 5 stars Thin. Poor Quality.
The game these days is to reduce quality until the customer notices and stops buying your product. Hanes has officially crossed the line with this one.

Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Thin. Poor Quality., April 21, 2013

I've worn their socks for a while and ordered the same thing I bought a couple years ago. Each sock weighs about 33% less, because they're much thinner than the old ones. And they're much less comfortable. Probably will wear out sooner, too.

I think I'm done with Hanes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Durable but linty!, June 18, 2012
Every few years, I throw out all of my long black socks and purchase a dozen new pair. It makes matching easy. The last time I did this was probably in about 2007-2008 and I bought these socks. They lasted until the end of 2011 and slowly tore,accidentally got bleached, or lost.

I gladly made a purchase of 12 new ones. They are nice and comfortable and wear more like a traditional athletic crew sock than a dress sock, which is actually how I use mine. One thing that I forgot is how much black lint will be all over your feet and therefore, your house for months. I have to walk into the bathtub and remove them and rinse my feet as soon as I get home. I then wash them inside out so that the lint will be gradually removed. Over time, they will stop producing lint but it takes a while.

But hey, they are inexpensive Hanes socks and will last 5 days a week for 3-4 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, January 15, 2013
these socks are not the same quality as the socks a purchased last year.
The originals fit very well and were sturdy.

These socks are very flimsy and they do not fit like the original Active Crew Socks. I would not recommend this item to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Socks, Very Nice, February 23, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, Not as Described, February 4, 2013
J. Perez (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This sock is described as a cushion sock in description as well as on package, but it is one of the thinnest, coarsest sock I have encountered in a long time. Save yourself the hassle of the return and avoid. Customer service at NY Lingerie is also not the nicest.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much to them., June 3, 2013
They are extremely thin! They have virtually no cushioning. I will be interested to see how they holdup in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what is pictured, March 12, 2013
I ordered 3 packs of these socks and they are not the same socks as in the picture. The have grey bottom padding on the bottoms (which would be fine if you have size 12 feet) but for a size 10 they grey padding goes half way up the ankle. I will be returning these

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, April 14, 2009
Cannot find these on the hanes website, so was great when i found them on amazon. these socks last a very long time, and is great for people who are active

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, poor quality, February 18, 2013
Very thin and they don't feel like cotton. Wish I had liked these... the socks I was replacing were thicker than these after two years of use. Not recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm giving them away, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Hanes Men's 6 Pack Cushion Crew Sock (Apparel)
After washing all 6 Pair and wearing 4 pair, I am going to give them to Charity. The Quality and Workmanship seem fine, and they look just as Pictured, but the "elastic" above the Ankles of the Socks is so strong that it restricts my circulation. Believe it. This is different from other Hanes Socks (of the same/similar description) I own and wear.

The deep creases in my Legs down to the Ankles & minor pain in the Calves (after wearing them for a while) reflects the problem. It is worst with my strongest (thickest) Leg. I don't see this as a problem for anyone else who has slender Legs -- although mine are neither fat nor skinny. This would be something to pay attention to if you have muscular or swollen Legs, or even more so if you have circulation problems. I see that as my problem & not the Manufacturer's. But I won't be ordering them again.

Hanes Men's 6 Pack Cushion Crew Sock