5.0 out of 5 stars Socks, Very Nice
Okay, they're socks. They're gray socks. But almost a year into them, the elastic still holds, the soles are still cushy, and they haven't developed the hint of a hole in either heel or toe. Could've come up the calf another 3-4" if only for "scrunch down" factor, but that's a cosmetic detail most couldn't care less about.
Published on February 23, 2010 by William Young

3.0 out of 5 stars Durable but linty!
Every few years, I throw out all of my long black socks and purchase a dozen new pair. It makes matching easy. The last time I did this was probably in about 2007-2008 and I bought these socks. They lasted until the end of 2011 and slowly tore,accidentally got bleached, or lost.

Published on June 18, 2012 by Vulcangreen

3.0 out of 5 stars Durable but linty!, June 18, 2012

I gladly made a purchase of 12 new ones. They are nice and comfortable and wear more like a traditional athletic crew sock than a dress sock, which is actually how I use mine. One thing that I forgot is how much black lint will be all over your feet and therefore, your house for months. I have to walk into the bathtub and remove them and rinse my feet as soon as I get home. I then wash them inside out so that the lint will be gradually removed. Over time, they will stop producing lint but it takes a while.

But hey, they are inexpensive Hanes socks and will last 5 days a week for 3-4 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thin. Poor Quality., April 21, 2013
The game these days is to reduce quality until the customer notices and stops buying your product. Hanes has officially crossed the line with this one.

I've worn their socks for a while and ordered the same thing I bought a couple years ago. Each sock weighs about 33% less, because they're much thinner than the old ones. And they're much less comfortable. Probably will wear out sooner, too.

I think I'm done with Hanes.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, January 15, 2013
these socks are not the same quality as the socks a purchased last year.
The originals fit very well and were sturdy.

These socks are very flimsy and they do not fit like the original Active Crew Socks. I would not recommend this item to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Socks, Very Nice, February 23, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, April 14, 2009
Cannot find these on the hanes website, so was great when i found them on amazon. these socks last a very long time, and is great for people who are active

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what is pictured, March 12, 2013
I ordered 3 packs of these socks and they are not the same socks as in the picture. The have grey bottom padding on the bottoms (which would be fine if you have size 12 feet) but for a size 10 they grey padding goes half way up the ankle. I will be returning these

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, Not as Described, February 4, 2013
J. Perez (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This sock is described as a cushion sock in description as well as on package, but it is one of the thinnest, coarsest sock I have encountered in a long time. Save yourself the hassle of the return and avoid. Customer service at NY Lingerie is also not the nicest.

5.0 out of 5 stars good fit, not too tight around the calf area, December 6, 2012
I have found most of men's socks to be too tight around the calf area, like we are all "chicken legged". I have larger calves and am big boned, and these fit less constrictively than most other socks in stores and online. They don't have an "elestic band" instead, the entire shaft from ankle to leg top is gentally supportive to the entire lower calf. they hold from the ankle to the top rather than have a band on the top as most socks do. the heels and toes have not worn out and these have been in the hot wash and cotton sturdy touch up dry cycle for six months. However, I now recommend keeping the wash and dry cycle to lower temps as like everything, they'll last longer. They handled serveral wash/dry and were like new even still had the like new tightly woven fabric and toe stitch for a month, however they've softened up and streatched abit out of shape since then, but it's been six months now. They are still warable and have no holes. Like I said, I treated them harshly, went sock-footed in the house on tile and even dirty garage concrete and wash/dry a bit harshly in the past and they are holding up quite well. five stars!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much to them., June 3, 2013
They are extremely thin! They have virtually no cushioning. I will be interested to see how they holdup in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, poor quality, February 18, 2013
Very thin and they don't feel like cotton. Wish I had liked these... the socks I was replacing were thicker than these after two years of use. Not recommended.

Hanes Men's 6 Pack Cushion Crew Sock