Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hanes Men's Cushion Crew Sock
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 21, 2013
The game these days is to reduce quality until the customer notices and stops buying your product. Hanes has officially crossed the line with this one.

I've worn their socks for a while and ordered the same thing I bought a couple years ago. Each sock weighs about 33% less, because they're much thinner than the old ones. And they're much less comfortable. Probably will wear out sooner, too.

I think I'm done with Hanes.
1515 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
Every few years, I throw out all of my long black socks and purchase a dozen new pair. It makes matching easy. The last time I did this was probably in about 2007-2008 and I bought these socks. They lasted until the end of 2011 and slowly tore,accidentally got bleached, or lost.

I gladly made a purchase of 12 new ones. They are nice and comfortable and wear more like a traditional athletic crew sock than a dress sock, which is actually how I use mine. One thing that I forgot is how much black lint will be all over your feet and therefore, your house for months. I have to walk into the bathtub and remove them and rinse my feet as soon as I get home. I then wash them inside out so that the lint will be gradually removed. Over time, they will stop producing lint but it takes a while.

But hey, they are inexpensive Hanes socks and will last 5 days a week for 3-4 years.
33 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2013
these socks are not the same quality as the socks a purchased last year.
The originals fit very well and were sturdy.

These socks are very flimsy and they do not fit like the original Active Crew Socks. I would not recommend this item to anyone
22 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2013
They are extremely thin! They have virtually no cushioning. I will be interested to see how they holdup in the future.
on February 4, 2013
This sock is described as a cushion sock in description as well as on package, but it is one of the thinnest, coarsest sock I have encountered in a long time. Save yourself the hassle of the return and avoid. Customer service at NY Lingerie is also not the nicest.
on May 31, 2015
I've been buying Hane's Cushion Crew socks in black for years, buying a dozen or so every few years and getting rid of the damaged ones. The style has changed slightly with each round of socks, which i first thought was annoying but helped to match batches of socks after a laundry cycle. While the design changed slightly, I was satisfied with the quality each time, which prompted me to choose this brand over and over.
I was expecting the same quality when i placed my most recent order in April 2015, however, what i received were socks that were thinner than what i would expect to find at a dollar store. I was about to immediately return them but I ordered them because i needed socks, so i gave them a shot. They were less comfortable than the previous ones, mostly because you could feel the elastic threads instead of being protected by any sort of cushioning material. I wore a few pairs and dealt with it (and the week of black fuzz on my feet that accompanies a new set of socks, as another reviewer noted)
Then I washed them. They came out completely pilled and terrible looking. Since I also washed several generations worth of these socks in the same cycle, it was easy to see that this latest batch of socks is not up to the previous quality standards, see my attached photo.
I will be attempting to return these to Hanes, as I would rather go barefoot than wear these again.
review image
on March 12, 2013
I ordered 3 packs of these socks and they are not the same socks as in the picture. The have grey bottom padding on the bottoms (which would be fine if you have size 12 feet) but for a size 10 they grey padding goes half way up the ankle. I will be returning these
on February 23, 2010
Okay, they're socks. They're gray socks. But almost a year into them, the elastic still holds, the soles are still cushy, and they haven't developed the hint of a hole in either heel or toe. Could've come up the calf another 3-4" if only for "scrunch down" factor, but that's a cosmetic detail most couldn't care less about.
on December 1, 2015
These are not the same socks as the last time I bought them. The last time I bought them, the had the red stitching on the toe and padded gray soles, like in the picture. The socks I received are thin and cheap. Zero padding. These are different socks than advertised and different from the ones I ordered before and have been very happy with. I'm very disappointed.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 26, 2015
I ordered several of the 6 pack in GREY. I wanted white or black, but the grey was SO AFFORDABLE. I ordered six packs in total - so 36 pairs 72 socks in total. I ordered these to donate to a homeless shelter as the weather gets cooler. Did you know SOCKS are the #1 requested item from the homeless? It's such a simple and basic article of clothing, yet it's the least donated. They wear out and are so critical to warmth, comfort, and overall well-being (especally for those who sadly walk the streets spending most of their days ont heir feet.) These are much needed... And, these are thick socks - very well made. THANK YOU HANES & AMAZON for offering these at such a great value!