5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - exactly what I was looking for
On summer nights I lounge in elastic waist shorts which are easy to find in most stores. I could not however find a long, lightweight, elastic waist pant for winter nights ... I don't like the heft of sweat pants. These have filled the bill perfectly ... waist is fastened with a tie cord that works as well or better than elastic.
Published 18 months ago by ajc@mail.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the full figured gentleman, but soft and comfy!
Published 18 months ago by Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the full figured gentleman, but soft and comfy!, January 9, 2013
Alright, so if you're a skinny guy and you want some very lightweight and comfortable pants, these are what you want. If you are, like me, a large fellow with a body shape not popularized in catalogs or the media, you do not want these pants. They look like skinny jeans on me, and skinny jeans do NOT look good on me. My wife couldn't stop laughing, which was not my desired reaction.

The upside? They're stitched well, are super soft, lightweight, and even have pockets! Yes, pockets, so you can have your phone in your pocket while you walk around the house in comfort. They have a single button on the fly, so they won't gape open in an obscene manner.

All that being said, I would NOT leave my apartment in these pants, unless I wanted to end up being arrested for public indecency.

edit/update: Alright, I don't know what's going on, but I got a pair of XXL (thinking this might resolve some of the issues I had with my XL pair) and they are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. Hanes must have redesigned these pants or something, because my new pair didn't pill up with fuzzies all over them, and they were HUGE. I mean, they are like full-on yoga pants. Maybe this is a design distinction between the XL and XXL sizes or something, I don't know, but my XL pair was like leggings, and my XXL pair is like wearing a pair of Andre the Giant's yoga pants. They're longer and the seat/groin/everywhere IS HUGE. Remember Pee Wee's Playhouse, that old show that was on Saturday mornings? When Pee Wee would pay in his giant underpants? Yeah, that's how much bigger my XXL pair were than my XL pair. Anyway, the fabric is nicer, the fit is much more like what I expect from "lounge" pants or "sleep" pants. In short, they made a vast improvement, and my guess is that all the sizing and fit stuff changed from one incarnation of these pants to the next.

I'd post before/after photos, but again -- I don't want to be jailed for public indecency.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - exactly what I was looking for, December 21, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars They're a HIT!, January 14, 2009
These are one of several pair I purchased for my son for Christmas and he LOVES them. I'll be getting more next year. Soft, easy to care for, comfortable, he says, and his beloved drawstring completes it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 21, 2013
Laurie A. Cote (Princeton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
These pants are great for pajama bottoms. Plenty long enough and run true to size. They have been through the wash a few times and no pilling or shrinking. Love 'em.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, August 8, 2013
The pants are a light weight and soft material making them very comfortable to wear around the house or outside in the yard. I am 6'1" tall at 195 pounds and the size Large fit me quite well. I bought one pair to start and liked them enough that I ordered two more pair. I think they are a good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pants!, January 31, 2013
My husband is very picky and has only worn sweat pants and tee shirts for years! But I finally got him to try these and he LOVES them. They are light and comfortable and keep him warm and not bulky like regular sweat pants. They wash and dry like a dream too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves these, April 6, 2013
These are super soft and comfy. They have a nice stretch to them and a tie waist. My husband owns 5 pairs of these, and wears them nightly. They wash well and last pretty good as far as night pants go. Will buy more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, April 2, 2013
LisaM (Livingston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Super soft material and great for lounging around the house in. I've had several pair of these and they hold up very well too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Kind., October 29, 2013
Geo Roarke (Louisville, KY) - See all my reviews
It fits perfect (I'm 5'9 145) and I ordered a M. It's very comfortable, can wear around the house either at your home or friend's/family's. I definitely recommend it to anyone. I plan on ordering more, a different color soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, January 3, 2014
Jiffer (Southern California) - See all my reviews
These are very nice lounge pants. I bought them for my husband for Christmas PJ's. I bought a medium based on another reviewer stating the height and weight of her husband, which is basically identical to my husband, 5'9" and 145 lbs. However, a medium is definitely big on my husband, who is a lean mean athletic Ironman machine. He kept them, but would have preferred a small, which may also have been shorter. They're pretty long on him, but a taller guy would appreciate the length. He's a 30 to 31 waist in regular pants and jeans depending on style and manufacturer, so maybe that helps anyone trying to determine sizing. They look nice on him. The material is a nice weight for a Southern California winter, but he said he probably wouldn't wear them when it's warmer.

Hanes Men's Solid Knit Pant