4.0 out of 5 stars Hanes Silk Reflections Lace Top Thigh Highs
Published on November 6, 2012 by jujuboots

3.0 out of 5 stars I really like these
Published on November 19, 2011 by J. Pedini

4.0 out of 5 stars Hanes Silk Reflections Lace Top Thigh Highs, November 6, 2012
My favorite thigh highs EVER were made by Hanes--they came in an extraordinarily natural-on-me color called "nude", had a pretty lace top, lasted forever, felt great, and you could order them in medium, which would fit up to 6ft (not this A/B and C/D sizing). These are definitely not as good, but I've been trying out different brands and styles like crazy, and so far the closest I've found to my old holy grail thigh highs.

On colors: I've ordered these in Jet, Barely There, Travel Buff, and Little Color. Jet is a standard sheer black. Barely There looks god-awful on me--far too dark/orangey for my pale skin and reminiscent of your granny's knee-highs. (Obviously these might look beautiful on someone with darker skin; they just suck on me.) But then Travel Buff is unnaturally light, even on someone as fair as I am. It's not light enough to look white, but not dark enough to look natural, so it just ends up looking a bit unhealthy. Little Color is currently my go-to natural color, although the ideal shade for me would be just a little lighter than this.

On sizes: I've ordered these in both size A/B and C/D, and I can wear both, but neither is as perfect as the old medium. The A/B fits nicely around, but doesn't come as high up on the thigh as I'd like. I'm 5'11 and it only hits about halfway up on me. I like them to come up higher because they feel more secure when they fit around the larger part of my thigh, plus you can wear them with shorter dresses/skirts, and they just look sexier, in my opinion. So I started ordering C/D for the extra length. The length on the C/D size is actually perfect, but I've noticed they tend to roll down a bit. Not enough to actually fall down or anything--it's just the very top that tends to fold over. I'm guessing this is due to their being a bit too big around, as the A/B size doesn't do this for me. (Bring back Medium!)

These feel very nice--silky, not scratchy, and the lace top is much prettier than the non-lace kind. The stay-up band is also nice and wide, which for me has been the secret to being able to comfortably keep them up all day. Unfortunately these are significantly less durable than the old kind--some pairs have lasted fine, but on others my toe has broken through on a first wear. (But as others have pointed out, thigh highs are great because you can still use the good half of a pair when you get a snag.)

Overall I'd recommend these. I'll keep looking for something better, but as I said, I've tried a lot and thus far these are the best I can find, at least in this price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, April 19, 2009
As I have gotten older, I hate to have tight waistbands, and pantyhose that come up to the waist have become very uncomfortable. This product has solved my problem. These stockings are easy to get on, they stay up very well and best of all, they allow me not to have something tight around my waist when I wear stockings. Great alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Struggle, October 30, 2008
phyllisss (Redondo Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
Easier than struggling into pantihose. I dance swing and ballroom and these never slip down the whole evening in spite of constant movement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for its price and durability, December 6, 2008
PFC (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
I've always loved to wear hoisery because they make my legs look nice (Victoria's Secret's model I'm not). Amongst pantyhose, stockings and thigh-highs, I love stockings the best because they require the cutest lingerie items--garter belts!!! But, let's face it, no one can really find those matching bra and panty to go with that garter belt and make that 7AM commute. And though maybe there is no one there to see, pantyhoses cover up those pretty [...] panties from Victoria's Secret. These thigh-highs go with just any bras and panties; they don't cover up pretty panties; and they don't twist up like pantyhoses...

I also wear Hue (not as durable in my experiences) and Victoria's Secret thigh highs (a little too pricy). But for its durability and price, Hanes Lacetop thigh highs are the best.

The only thing that I hope Hanes can do better is that they introduce this product in snow white. Though I mostly wear nude (litte color or barely there), I have always loved wearing pure white with white bras and panties. But this is definitely the ones to wear everyday.

3.0 out of 5 stars I really like these, November 19, 2011
I LOVE these thigh highs; others I have bought either don't stay up or look bad but these stay up, they are comfortable and they look great. The only reason I gave it 3 stars instead of 5 is because I can't get them to last longer than two weeks, maybe 3, and I only wear them once a week on Sunday. I'm not doing anything more than going to church and sitting down and they still run. If they would last longer, I would give these a 5 because then they would be SUPER AWESOME!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer and Sexy Thigh Highs, March 9, 2010
I love Hanes Silk Reflections and have been wearing the thigh highs, stockings, and pantyhose for over 15 years. These lace top thigh highs are very sheer and look sexy with the lace accent. They fit perfectly and will stay in place all day long with no sagging or bagging at the knees and ankles. They feel great under anything that I wear and I feel so good wearing them knowing how good they make my legs feel. They are also very durable, I usually get 10 wearings out of these stockings and the nice thing about thigh highs when one gets a run I can save the good one to match up with another pair.

As an Amazon Prime member I got free 2 day shipping and my package arrived on time and in good shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lace Top Thigh High- Black, November 26, 2012
I love these! I'm self conscious about the lace tops squeezing my legs and creating a leg muffin top. But I finally found these which provide a larger size, eliminating the 'super squeeze'. They stay up ok, sometimes they roll over, only a bit. They're not too thick or thin, and the material is nice quality. Will purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look Great! Fit Great!!, March 1, 2013
These are the best! They dont creep down my legs all day! They stay at the top of the thigh.

2.0 out of 5 stars I expected better, July 3, 2008
I have been looking for thigh highs that would be comfortable and stay up. This product only has material to hold the nylon up for about an inch and it has a tendency to roll up past that point. Causing the nylon to sag and fall. Not what I was hoping for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thigh highs that stay up!, October 17, 2014
I'm a mid-20s college student and I wear these almost every day, whenever I wear skirts/dresses. I've worn other brands, such as Nordstrom brand, that fall down after one wear, or are severely laddered following a tiny snag or wear in the toes. Nothing can ruin the day more than throwing away a new pair of nylons!

Durability. I can make Hanes' thigh highs last at least six or seven wears before the silicon bands turn white and start to slip. The nylon, while not quite as sheer as the Nordstom brand, is durable and can withstand numerous small snags. They rarely ladder and the toes can withstand pretty good wear as well. I do treat them like priceless heirlooms, though, by wearing gloves while putting them on, not touching them during the day, and keeping them in zip lock bags in my hosiery drawer when not in use.

Sizing. I am 5'5" and vary between 130-140lb. The A/B size fits perfectly. The band might be on the snug side (not a bad thing) but the C/D size is much too long with only a little more room in the thigh. C/D gathers at my ankles.

Colour. I have very pale olive-toned skin on my legs. I've worn all five colours available.
- "Jet" is a true black that is sheer and suitable for black-hemmed skirts.
- "Barely black" is a warm, smokey off-black that is suitable for black- or brown-hemmed skirts.
- "Barely there" is a caramel-tone nude that is too dark for me. Suitable for light skirts.
- "Little color" is lighter and cooler than "Barely there," almost like dark camel or something - it's a good tan colour for me and suitable for light skirts.
- "Travel buff" is almost a perfect match for my tanless thighs, a very light white-ish sand colour.

Overall, these are the best middle-range priced thigh highs you can get. They are a good mix of quality, colour, and durability.