Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on February 19, 2013
I've been buying the low-cut Hanes socks for years and have never had any issues with them. They fit comfortably, have just the right amount of cushion and do not slide off. I love the low cut because they don't bunch around your ankles. Perfect for warm weather use with sneakers!
on December 8, 2014
The socks seem nice enough, but I ordered black socks because I wanted black socks. The description says they are black, and they appear to have colored toes/heels. The colors are no biggie, but if you are expecting 6 pairs of black, predominantly-cotton socks... well... that'd be the WRONG thing to expect.

Description says: 61% Cotton/35% Polyester/2% Rubber/1% Nylon/1% Spandex
Product received: 97% polyester/2% spandex

Description says: black
Product received: 3 pairs black/3 pairs heather gray

Like I said, beyond the misleading description, the socks aren't bad. They look OK, and the quality seems OK.

But I do hate being misled, especially when it would cost more time/hassle/money to return than the item is worth in the first place.

When you order these, what you REALLY get appears to be this item:

UPDATE: After owning these socks for a year, I really do like them despite the fact that they were not the exact thing I ordered.
22 comments18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2013
The fit was fine but these socks were disappointingly thin - not fluffy at all. I guess you get what you pay for.
on June 19, 2013
The size is correct, the cotton is comfy. BUT The part that goes around my ankle cuts off the circulation and is very uncomfortable. I am a petite girl with small ankles comparable to a child. I have never had a problem with socks literally choking my ankles until now. These socks leave a red indentation around my ankle and it hurts. I usually love hanes, but not in this case. Last time I purchase this style.
11 comment5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
These socks were just what I was wanting, sent in a good fashion and are really comfortable. I am not a sock person but I find myself wearing them around the house from time to time.
on May 8, 2013
these socks aren't great. i wear a size 8-8.5 and these are too big, in a sense. they are awkward socks...the heal cushioning is not in the right place because the sock is too long. however, if when i pulled the cushioning down to the proper place, a) the sock bunched under my arch because they're too long and b) the ankle line was then far below even where a low ankle line should sit. in addition, the front ankle line rises higher than it should, causing discomfort when a show is on. i also don't find the material of the socks to be comfy - they're not soft and cushy. instead, they kind of feel like when you hang dry socks instead of put them in the drier. i do not recommend these socks unless you have a longer foot than size 8.5.
on November 12, 2014
Pros: It's a good fit. It's comfortable. It's simple.

Cons:

- Does not match the picture. I chose black, and it is black, but the picture implied a little bit of color around the toes and heels.
- A little too short. The socks sometimes tend to slip down and off the heel in my sneakers.

Overall, they're good socks. The cons are small, especially for a college student or anyone else trying to save money. I'd recommend it.
on October 24, 2014
I ordered these socks based on the picture of black socks with color on the toes and heels and based on some comments saying they were a cotton blend sock. The socks I received were four pairs of salt and pepper, one pair of white, and one pair of black. They are also 97% polyester and 3% spandex. I'm not even going to open the package. They are going straight back.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 12, 2014
I tend to only wear "no show" socks with shoes and these Hanes ones fit well but are fairly thick- the cotton itself isn't thick, but the "terrycloth" lining on the inside of the sock makes the sock a lot thicker than I'd like when wearing a shoe. Comfortable, but not so good as a liner or a day-to-day sock.
on February 26, 2013
These are fantastic- I'm wearing them right now and have never felt more comfortable in a pair of plain socks. Also I feel like my feet sweat less in them. I mean I know they don't but I just feel like they do.

See 1 answered question