Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

• Live
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 6, 2001
"Hank Live" is a wonderfully rowdy album which shows off the rockin' side of Hank Williams Jr. -- and if you've ever heard him, you know that he LOVES to rock -- better than any other album of Hank's, I feel.
It features some audiences that are rowdy as all hell, some fancy guitar work, and, of course, BOCEPHUS.
Among the stand-out tracks are "My Name Is Bocephus," "Workin' For MCA," "Sweet Home Alabama," "La Grange," "If You Don't Like Hank Williams," and the medley of "Family Tradition" and "Hey, Good Lookin'." Hank also does an acoustic medley, which is great, and we get a cool acoustic version of "All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down)" that includes some singing along from the crowd and some ad-libbing (there is a lot of that on this album). Another song that shouldn't be overlooked is Merle Kilgore's version of "I Ain't Gonna Call Hank Williams Jr. 'Junior' Anymore," which is a good start to a great album.
All in all, I think you'll really enjoy this one.
on June 21, 2010
The son of the best country music performer ever takes his dad's place as the best country artist around then. Jr. mixes southern rock like Skynrd with classic country like Williams Sr. into a rhythm&blues, country, and southern rock style that crosses many musical boundaries(except hip-hop/rap). The main guitar is rock but you also hear fiddles in the background. Charlie Daniels Band is the closest sound match to Hank you can get. Country Rock is what I would call it. Wide fan base and appeal. Country combines with southern rock for a good sound. "Nuff said.
on November 30, 2012
A live Hank Williams show sounds like a real good time. His covers of Sweet Home Alabama,Working for MCA and LaGrange are not as good as the originals and are shorter than the originals but they do rock. Particularly like his version of the Animals House of the Rising Sun. The songs, If you dont like Hank Williams and a country boy can survive along with the covers of Skynyrd, ZZ Top and the Animals are the best offerings on this CD.
on October 30, 2013
yep that's me a redneck this live cd of hank jrs is real good some of the new drifting cowboys are on this who are they you ask merl haggard willie nelson Waylon Jennings chris christoferson and hank Williams jr the drifting cowboy band bad assed to the bone.
on December 2, 2000
Hank Jr. can rock hard and this is the Document. Especially for "non-country" folks this is a good initiation for Hank JR. You can't help but Feel the Joy, Hank loves what he does and it shines thru.
on October 7, 2012
Just got this cd. While the music is good, enough rockers for sure, some of the tunes are just too damn short. For example Sweet Home Alabama only had the chorus to the song one time. That song is kinda anthemic and feels completely incomplete without the whole song. But the band was rocking it good, I was looking forward to more and then it ended. I wonder if Hank just plain didn't remember all the lyrics. But I was hoping this album would be more. It kills the flow when you're just getting in to the groove of a song and it abruptly ends

I agree with an earlier reviewer as well: Some of it is to serve Hank's ego. Notice how many songs are about the city and famous people and his dad?

so before you buy, LOOK AT THE TIME LENGTH OF THE SONGS to make sure you get what you want. If I was at a concert like that, honestly I would be pretty disappointed. But I'm a Springsteen fan, so maybe I'm using an unfair comparison.
on June 20, 2014
I usually don't buy CDs of live performances, but I'm fortunate to have this one. It was in an "on sale" bin at a Walmart - at that price, I couldn't pass it up. "A Country Boy Can Survive", the 16th cut on this CD is really the high point with a very popular, moving, and graphic rendition of this Bocephus original, in-your-face ballad!
on September 23, 2009
I saw four or five of Hank Jr.'s concerts back in these days,and this is a fair representation(unlike most live albums) of the energy of his shows-It was great to be there,and I learned a lot as a young musician coming up-Hank Jr. is an entertainer first and foremost,which you might need to keep in mind when listening to this-It's all him and his band(The Bama Band,I believe),and his acoustic segment is really cool-I'm picking this up on CD so I can feel sixteen again-And remember,If You Don't Like Hank Jr.,That's YOUR Problem!
on April 11, 2010
This live cd consists of 17 great songs. It begins with an introduction by Hank Jr.'s late, long time manager, Merle Kilgore. Then Merle sings a song that he's not going to call Hank Jr. "Junior" anymore. This was recorded at various venues across the nation during Hank's 1986 Tour. This live music consists of both Southern Rock & Southern Country. It is a great live CD.

The only problem I observed is, that it seems like the volume of the music seems to change from time to time. I guess its because it was recorded in so many different venues. However, the live music certainly makes up for it, so it was not a significant problem for me.

The band consists of:
Wayne "Animal" Turner - Lead guitar

The songs:
1.Intro/Hank Williams Jr./"Junior" Performed by Merle Kilgore
2.My name is Bocephus
3.Workin' for MCA (A Lynyrd Skynyrd Song)
4.I Really like Girls (a George Thorogood song)
5.If You Don't Like Hank Williams
6.Sweet Home Alabama ( another Lynyrd Skynyrd song)
7.La Grange (a ZZ Top song)
8.Medley: Trouble in Mind/Short haired woman
9.The Conversation (About Hank Sr.)
10.Man of Steel
11.I'm for Love
12.If Heaven ain't a lot like Dixie
13.All my Rowdy Friends have settled down
14.House of the Rising Sun
15.The Ride
16.A Country Boy Can Survive
17.Medley: Family Tradition/Hey Good Lookin'

Overall, this is a great live CD, and I highly recommend it. Thanks!!!!
on October 27, 2012
Now, I love Bocephus. I own every one of his albums and have his first ever MGM live album, Live At Cobo Hall, which I now have on CD. That album, is pure Hank! This album is a complete waste of time. I prefer Hank in the studio doing his work like with a few of the reviewers said, but this live CD is not Hank at his live best. He sure can rock though very good in the studio! Love him!:)