- Waterproof portable pH, electro-conductivity (EC), total dissolved solids (TDS), and temperature meter used for hydroponics, greenhouses, farming, and ground water applications
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC) for accurate readings in fluctuating temperatures and manual calibration
- Multilevel LCD screen simultaneously shows the current measurement, the current temperature, and has onscreen tutorial for calibration
- Combination pre-amplified pH, electro-conductivity (EC), and total dissolved solids (TDS) probe with internal temperature sensor, 8-pin Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN) connector, and fiber junction with gel electrolyte for longer electrode life and reduced contamination in harsh environments
- Battery error prevention system alerts when battery power is low and displays battery percentage on startup
Hanna Instruments HI 9812-5N Waterproof Portable pH/EC/TDS Meter
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||Hanna Instruments|
|Part Number||HI 9812-5N|
|Number of Items||1|
|Measurement Type||pH , Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) , Temperature|
The Hanna Instruments HI 9812-5 is a waterproof portable pH, electro-cond... See more product details
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The Hanna Instruments HI 9812-5 is a waterproof portable pH, electro-conductivity (EC), total dissolved solids (TDS), and temperature meter, has Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC) for pH and conductivity, manual one-point calibration using dials, an LCD screen with onscreen tutorial, a combination probe with fiber junction and gel electrolyte, and a battery error prevention system. A pH/TDS/temperature monitor is used by researchers and hobbyists to measure nutrient parameters in hydroponics, greenhouses, and horticultural applications. The multilevel LCD screen displays the measurement reading, a calibration tutorial, low-battery alerts, and battery percentage on startup. Calibration dials are located on the front panel. The combination pre-amplified pH, EC, and TDS probe has an internal temperature sensor, 8-pin Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN) connector, and fiber junction with gel electrolyte for longer electrode life and reduced contamination in harsh environments such as fertilizer solutions. The combination probe reduces the number of required instruments because no probe changes are required. The temperature sensor provides ATC from 0 to 50 degrees C.
The meter works with an included 9V battery for up to 150 hours of continuous operation. An auto power-off feature turns the meter off after eight minutes of inactivity to extend battery life. The operating temperature is from 0 to 50 degrees C (32 to 122 degrees F) with a relative humidity of 100 percent. The dimensions are 145 x 80 x 36mm/5.7 x 3.1 x 1.4 inches (H x W x D). (H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.) The meter weighs 230g/8.1oz. The HI 9812-5 portable meter also comes with calibration solution sachets, electrode cleaning solution sachets, instructions, and a carrying case.
|pH range||0.0 to 14.0|
|EC range||0 to 1990 μS/cm|
|TDS range||TDS 0 to 1990 ppm|
|Temperature range||0 to 60 degrees C|
|EC resolution||10 μS/cm|
|Temperature resolution||1 degrees C|
|pH accuracy||+ or - 0.1|
|EC accuracy||+ or – 2 percent full scale (F.S.)|
|TDS accuracy||+ or – 2 percent F.S.|
|Temperature accuracy||+ or – 1 degree C|
A pH meter, also called a sensor or tester, is a device used to measure the acidity or alkalinity of a substance. A pH meter has either a portable or a benchtop body. Many portable meters are handheld devices. Some testers have an internal sensor, and may have a tip and body that fit inside of a container for measurement. A meter is commonly used in many different environments from laboratories to field research and manufacturing facilities. Researchers, manufacturers, and hobbyists use a pH meter in aquaculture, agricultural, wine-making, and water-testing, and for scientific applications. Some pH meters may measure additional parameters such as dissolved oxygen (DO), conductivity (also called electro-conductivity or EC), temperature, total dissolved solids (TDS), salinity, resistivity, or oxygen reduction potential (ORP)/mV.
Hanna Instruments manufactures analytical instrumentation and supplies, including pH meters, electrodes, chemical reagents, and buffer solutions. The company, founded in 1978 and headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 9001.
What’s in the Box?
- HI 9812-5 portable meter
- HI 1285-5 multiparameter probe
- HI 70007 pH 7.01 buffer solution sachet
- HI 70032 1382 ppm (mg/L) calibration solution sachet
- HI 70031 1413 μS/cm calibration solution sachet
- HI 700661 electrode cleaning solution sachets (2)
- 9V battery
- Carrying case