- Non-clogging double junction pH electrode for prolonging meter life
- Automatic calibration and temperature compensation for ease of use
- Self-check and stability indicator to indicate when to take a reading
- Large LCD screen for readability
- 12 Vdc power adapter for prolonged use
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Hanna Instruments HI 991404 pH/EC/TDS/Temperature Monitor, Low Range EC and TDS
|Price:||$223.19 ($223.19 / Each) & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$23.76 (10%)|
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||Hanna Instruments|
|Part Number||HI 991404|
|Number of Items||1|
|Import Designation||Made in USA|
|Item Weight||0.64 ounces|
|Measurement Type||pH , Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) , Ion Selective Electrode (ISE) , Temperature|
The HI 991404 pH/EC/TDS/temperature meter is a multi-parameter device for monitoring nutrient ... See more product details
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The HI 991404 pH/EC/TDS/temperature meter is a multi-parameter device for monitoring nutrient parameters in hydroponics, greenhouses, and horticultural applications.
Featuring a large easy-to-read LCD screen, automatic calibration and temperature compensation, the tester provides fast and accurate pH, electro-conductivity (EC), Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) and temperature readings. A self-check assures the device is in working condition, while the internal stability feature indicates when to take a reading. A hold function allows the user to freeze the display in order to record results. The HI 991404 also features a non-clogging double junction pH electrode and a conductivity probe.
The HI 991404 tester measures temperatures of 0.0 to 60.0 degrees C (32 to 140 degrees F) + or - 0.5 degrees C (+ or - 1 degrees F)/RH max 95% (+ or - 0.1 degrees C / 0.1 degrees F), and has a range of 0.0 to 14.0 pH (+ or - 0.1) with a resolution of 0.1 pH. EC range is 0 to 3999uS/cm (+ or - 2% F.S), with a resolution of 1uS/cm. TDS range is 0 to 2000pp(mg/L) (+ or - 2% F.S), with a resolution of 1ppm. The EC/TDS conversion factor is adjustable from 0.45 to 1.00. The device has an input impedance of 1E12 Ohm and operates on a 12 Vdc power adapter. The dimensions are 160 x 105 x 31 mm (6.3 x 4.1 x 1.2") and it weighs 190 g (6.7 oz.), a conveniently sized meter for taking measurements in the field. Note that the HI 991404 meter does not work with a digital ballast.
pH testers measure the acidity or alkalinity of a substance and are commonly used by researchers, manufacturers, and hobbyists.
Hanna Instruments manufactures a wide variety of analytical instrumentation, including pH meters, multi-parameter meters, electrodes, chemical reagents and buffer solutions. Founded in 1978, Hanna is headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, with subsidiaries in 32 countries. Hanna Instruments holds many firsts in the field of analytical instrumentation, including a pH electrode with a built-in temperature sensor, an electronic pocket-sized pH tester, and a replaceable electrode pH pocket tester. To ensure the quality of their products, Hanna is a vertically integrated manufacturer and does not subcontract any part of its manufacturing.
What’s in the Box?
- HI 1293D pH electrode
- HI 7630 probe
- pH and EC calibration solutions
- 12 Vdc power adapter
Top Customer Reviews
First the good:
1. Back lit screen makes it easy to read in dark locations.
2. The EC/TDS meter works well and is easy to calibrate.
3. The temperature meter (built in to the EC/TDS probe) is also accurate on my unit.
4.The unit has mounting screws
5. The probes have threads for inserting into a closed system
6. Great email response from the service team
Ok Now the bad!
1. The pH probe has a non-standard plug, so you can only use this probe type. Other units use a standard BNC connector and your probe choice can be based on durability, maintenance and accuracy requirements.
2. When calibrating, you need to place both probes (pH and EC) into the calibrating solution - this means more calibration solution is wasted rinsing and submerging probes. - You will want a good 100mls of solution each time you calibrate.
3. The pH probe seems very delicate with a very poor shelf/operating life - I have tried 2 new pH probes and neither work properly. The probe it came with was dry (in the plastic bulb protector) on arrival and it had a metering range of 7.2 to 7.0. I replaced this probe for a second one (~$75) which fortunately arrived wet. This new probe reads a 4.01 solution as pH5.4 - an improvement on the first but still useless.
4. Performing two point calibration at 7.0 and 4.0 is impossible, as this unit has automatic calibration. I was told by Hanna that if the probe is not reading your 4.0 solution within a few points of 4.0, it will not set!!
Unfortunately neither of my 2 probes come close to reading a 4.01 solution anywhere near this. Hanna's opinion on this is that if the probe wont do this, it is broken!!Read more ›
Not too mention, I always new I was going to have problems with purchasing expensive items over the internet.
Amazon has no clear customer service department to help me figure out what to do about it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Got the first one, and it would not calibrate at all ever. Sent it back and got the replacement after the seller gave me some "Not so nice" customer service. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Linda Roberts
I bought 5 of these meters 6 months ago. Nothing but trouble from the start I've replaced all the PH electrodes @ $80-$100 each and they last at best 2 months. Read morePublished on August 19, 2012 by Lizard 57
This meter has worked reasonably well in an aquarium system, maintaining a pretty good calibration over time. Read morePublished on June 29, 2010 by James Snyder