5.0 out of 5 stars Works great
Published 23 months ago by Jane Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality.
Published 6 months ago by Ohmydawg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, August 21, 2012
This review is from: Hannadees Horgan Harness No Pull Back Leg Dog Harness, Medium (Misc.)
I have tried every no pull harness and this is the only one that works completely. After spinal surgery it was too painful to walk my husky until I got this. Halt, gentle leader, no pull leashes - none of them worked. The idea is that dogs will push back against any pressure. When a dog pulls, the bit wrapped around the legs presses against the back of the legs. You would think this would make the dog move forward but it actually makes them hang back and not accelerate. In fact, if my dog stops to sniff something I can't tug the leash to make him catch up to me or he will slam on the break! It's fine-you just learn to say "c'mon" instead. The maker also says that dogs get their power from the back legs so the control should come from there. The holt control harness squeezes around the stomach. It didn't work for my dog and that seems like a more sensitive part to me. Your dog will get funny looks from people. It looks weird but it doesn't make them look dangerous the way a nose harness might. My only beef is that it is a pain to put on and gets tangled easily. It seems to me if you added slots on the main piece for the elastic to go through it would be much easier to handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing how it gauges his gait!, January 6, 2013
We've been through training. I know what to do, how to do it. He understands the command and holds to it. Then five seconds passes and we start over. I don't have the energy. First time using the Horgan Harness, pulling stopped, our gait tempo matched, and walking became a joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, May 14, 2014
In case you don't want to read this long review - here's the takeaway. This is my lifesaver. It's awkward and looks weird but give it a chance.

I bought the collar to prevent pulling and be safe on my terrier's neck. Honestly, for this purpose the Gentle Leader that wraps around the snout was the best. He walked next to me like a show dog, for the two seconds he periodically forgot it was on. He HATED it and you could tell it stressed him out, especially when a potential dog enemy came around. Then he lost all cool and I was left trying to ride it out. I've also tried the front harness (he wiggled out and ran after a Mastiff), a regular harness (he pulls like he's carrying a dog sled), and a martingale collar (better pulling for my sake but now it's stressful on his throat).

I expected a lot from this harness after reading the reviews. Here's my experience: my pup still went to the end of the leash and ignored me. Then when I corrected him, I over corrected and his hind legs came up to his stomach and neither us of knew what to do then. But then we started to get the hang of it. After a week, I notice that he is more in tune with me (slight corrections are all that's needed) and, biggest shock of all, his dog aggression has STOPPED. Even my neighbors have noticed. I have a few theories on why this was true in our case (not saying it would be true for everyone but I do think it's worth a shot if you have a dog that gets barky and nervous around big or unfriendly dogs). He appears happy, relaxed, and secure whether he has 12 inches to roam or 6 feet. A slight hand movement by me and he's corrected. I'm not being walked and I feel so much more in control. A potential dog adversary walking towards us? He sees and gets excited but that is it. Today we even met a big dog he would have flipped out about before. No aggression, no dominance show off. Just friendly wags and sniffs. I'm so grateful for this harness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Solution, February 5, 2014
My daughter's 41 lb mixed Pit Bull/English Pointer Roxy was simply horrible to walk. We tried all kinds of chokers and harnesses, and poor Roxy would just tear herself up on them. Obedience class did nothing. I saw this in Skymall and thought it deserved a try. At first it seemed strange to put on her, and yes for the first walk she looked a little goofy, but she immediately cut out her horrendous non-stop pulling. It gives instant feedback to stop the unwanted pulling. Now we're used to putting it on her, she's used to using it, and she's now actually a pleasure to walk. It seems well made, but it's obviously not a chew toy, so don't give them a chance to chew it. If they are new to it, it can chafe a little, but much less than the damage from other harnesses and chokers. She actually seems a little more secure of herself in it, and less likely to go off on a wild tear. THANK YOU FOR A SOLUTION THAT LET'S US FINALLY HAVE A PLEASANT WALK! signed, Roxy's loving family

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., January 18, 2014
We have a 50 lb poodle mix (likely 75% poodle/25% golden) that we rescued from a kill shelter. Just a fantastic dog!! However, she just pulls and pulls when walking. Tried many types of collars and harnesses with varying success. After reading a number of reviews, decided to give this a try. -- It works! Zoe doesn't pull nearly as much (still just a little), perhaps 80-90% improvement.
We attach hers to a front harness since attaching it to a neck collar still resulted in some pulling and excessive pressure (I think) on the trachea. (She is quite a sight -- pink front harness and a black rear harness that wraps around each leg).
The only negative (slight one) is that it is not as easy to slide on as they seem to indicate in the description and it is important to make sure that the part of the harness that attaches to the collar or front harness is laying correctly or the leash will not slide freely. This is important as it is critical in how it works. As the dog pulls, the leash slides and pulls on the hind legs, which then pulls the dog to a sitting or nearly sitting position. Zoe never quite gets in the sitting position because as soon as she starts to pulls she feels the loops around her hind legs tighten and she stops pulling.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality., January 8, 2014
Not only was it a hassle to put on my dog, it did not work as intended (my dog is a large athletic pitbull). The worst part was that the metal D-ring actually broke while I was walking my dog and my dog was disconnected from the leash and I did not even know it until I looked down. Good thing he did not realize it either or I could have lost him, thankfully I discovered in time and clip the leash to his regular collar and got us home. Terrible product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Depends on the dog, December 6, 2013
It simply did not work on my dog, I cant really review as it might work for other breeds. I have a Beagle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Anti Jump Harness, January 5, 2013
I ordered the medium according to my dogs weight and the harness is too big.
It is complicated to put on.

5.0 out of 5 stars rear harnesses, January 13, 2014
They help very much we have two 6 month old Siberian huskies and they are strong pullers due to their age and quite big they are not pulling half as much as they were and well worth trying excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, December 31, 2013
I love this harness.. my blue heeler used to pull alot when he saw a squirrel and this makes it impossible to jerk to run after something :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›