5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid mix of Nashville and Hollywood
I picked this is up first thing today in the morning from stores as a copy for myself as I found myself growing impatient for this release. I decided to give the copy I had ordered off Amazon to my little sister once it arrives.
Published on March 24, 2009 by Horacio Buenrostro Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
I mainly purchased this product for the one song "its the climb" However I was hoping that there would be other songs possibly just as good. Unfortunately the only decent song is "its the climb" ... I would recommend copying someone elses cd or downloading the one song if you are interested in owning it. CD not worth the money.
Published 20 months ago by TC

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid mix of Nashville and Hollywood, March 24, 2009
This review is from: Hannah Montana: The Movie (Audio CD)
As a 20 year old male college student you might think I may be the only Hannah fan among my peers, but her fan base has grown over the years to people of all ages and backgrounds. Most teens in High School are still in the "I'm too cool for Disney" phase and those are the people I feel sorry for as when you enter College you gain a new perspective. You might actually enjoy most Disney products (such as Hannah Montana and High School Musical) for their campy, and just all around wholesome good fun. You might say it is a good form of escapism.
and this is exactly what this soundtrack delivers.
Hannah Montana: The Movie's OST has something for everyone. While most of the music here is not anything innovative or award-worthy, it certainly will entertain you throughout its entire 50 minute run.

Lets go track by track, shall we?
1. You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home - 4/5
This track opens up much like Breakout did for Miley's previous CD of the same name. You can say it's a Hannah-fied version of Miley's Breakout. Kind of sets up the plot of the movie, and it is a fun track though not one of my favorites.
2. Let's Get Crazy - 4/5
I have had this on repeat for the longest, long before I got my hands on the soundtrack. It's solid pop record, though I'm not sure the lyrics have a point.
3. The Good Life - 5/5
I love this song. Fun and brings a smile to my face. I can imagine this song being played out in the background during a shopping spree montage in the movie, right before her "shoe fight".
4. Everything I Want - 3/5
This song is performed by Steve Rushton, a newcomer to Hollywood Records. I personally think it was a very smart move on Disneys/Hollywood Records part to include 2 of his songs on the soundtrack as a way of introducing him to a large audience. However, his voice is a bit too generic for my liking and sounds like any other garage bands lead singer.
5. Don't Walk Away - 5/5
Miley Cyrus' songs in the soundtrack are better lyrics-wise than her alter-egos, but have more of a country vibe to them as well. This song I believe is a B-side from one of her previous albums as I have heard it before. Very catchy chorus for such a mid-tempo song, has a very 90s feel to it as well.
6. Hoedown Throwdown - 5/5
Fun, quirky, Disneypop at its catchiest. The lyrics tell you the actual dance that accompanies this song, and everyone in my dorm building including myself have this whole thing down for the most part.
7. Dream - 4/5
Again, Miley Cyrus expects you to pay more attention to her lyrics than Hannah does. The end result is another catchy mid-tempo song with a very good meaning.
8. The Climb - 5/5
Probably the best song on the soundtrack. Great lyrics that have a great meaning, excellent production and progression. Showcases Mileys evolving vocal skills. Just a great song.
9. Butterfly Fly Away - 5/5
This is an emotional duet between Miley and Billy Ray. It makes you pay very close attention to every second of the song.
10. Backwards - 4/5
Performed by Rascal Flatts. I'm not the biggest fun of country music (Taylor Swift's self-titled debut is about as country as I get), but this song is fun.
11. Back To Tennessee - 3/5
Billy Ray and Miley both have very distinctive voices. This song showcases Billy Ray's rough, twangy, country vocals. Though there's something about the use of instruments that makes it a bit too muddled and all over the place for me.
12. Crazier - 4/5
I love Taylor Swift, but lyrics wise she has done better. Her "I sing songs about Boys" shtick is just getting a bit played out to me I guess. It's still an enjoyable listen though.
13. Bless The Broken Road - 4/5
The lyrics are great. Never heard of the Rascal Flatts before this soundtrack, but the leads vocals are amazing.
14. Let's Do This - 5/5
One of my favorite Hannah songs.
She comes across very confident and energetic with this song. Her vocals here remind me of Stevie Nicks.
15. Spotlight - 5/5
This song reminds me of No Doubt circa Return Of Saturn. She has this sassy quality to her voice here that very much reminds me of Gwen Stefani. Awesome pop-rock song all around.
16. Game Over - 3/5
Another Steve Rushton Song, another mediocre song.
I very much do not enjoy this person.
17. What's Not To Like - 3/5
Probably the weakest of all the Hannah songs in the album. Catchy nonetheless.
18. Best of Both Worlds - 5/5
I enjoy this remix, it shows how Mileys vocals have become more confident and refined over the years. It also uses more modern instrumentation. Great way to close this soundtrack.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this music on this soundtrack, April 23, 2009
This review is from: Hannah Montana: The Movie (Audio CD)
I know that Miley Cyrus appeals mostly to a much younger audience and a different gender, but I like her music. My favorite track is "The Climb". This is a song about having the determination to achieve individual goals. "Dream" is a track with the same spirit that nothing is impossible. "You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home" is a positive song that makes me feel good. I also like the song "Back To Tennessee". This song is about going back to the simple life. Billy Ray sounds good vocally here and on the guitar too. I like the upbeat track "Backwards" by Rascal Flatts. Taylor Swift contributes the very pretty song emtitled "Crazier". This is a very romantic song. I like the violin playing here. I also like the song "The Good Life". It has a good beat. "Everything I Want" by Steve Rushton is a sweet song. I don't care for "Game Over" too much though. This is a good soundtrack overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive album!, April 24, 2009
Chelentaz (Manlius, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hannah Montana: The Movie (Audio CD)
My daughter is no longer a big fan of Hannah Montana, but she loves this album! The music is upbeat, sweet, and fun to listen to. I also enjoy it! There's a nice mix of other artists as well, such as super-popular Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts. I was pleasantly surprised how good this album is!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cd and wonderful movie!, April 24, 2009
Hidden Souls vol 1

Unheralded-the Neo Soul Project

I love Miley Cyrus. She's one of the few child stars that actually has a wealth of talent. The movie was entertaining, innocent, giving wonderful insight into her real life and career. I especially like the bond between Miley and her father, Billy Ray Cyrus. Those two are awesome together. This cd contains some great pop and kid friendly songs but the adults will love it as well. Enjoy the movie, love the cd.

Peace,

dj coa

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful mix of music, March 28, 2009
This album has something for everyone. I got this for my daughters and I enjoy it as much as they do. Hoedown Throwdown, The Climb and Crazier are just three of their favorites. While I enjoy the song between Hannah and her dad entitled Butterfly Fly Away. You could listen to all the tracks without skipping ahead, all are good tunes. Add the two hits from Rascal Flatts and you have yourself a well rounded fun album the whole family can enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hannah Mania, April 26, 2009
This review is from: Hannah Montana: The Movie (Audio CD)
Loved the music and the movie! Finally a movie you can take the whole family too and feel good when you leave. Feel good music and I'm sure there will probably be a DVD with the dance steps. That was great too!
Seeing the movie makes the CD even more special. Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!!, July 4, 2009
This review is from: Hannah Montana: The Movie (Audio CD)
I bought this Cd for my daughter's 4th birthday and she loves it!!!! The songs are really good and clean which is more than I can say about most music. I really like to listen to this Cd also (I have no choice since it is on repeat all day!). Great CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Awesome!, March 29, 2009
This review is from: Hannah Montana: The Movie (Audio CD)
Well written songs; lyrics are timely and relevant and great production. Especially cool is "The Climb", a real winner for all to know that there's always a challenge in life. Duet with her Billy Ray on "Butterfly Fly Away" is beautiful. Highly recommended for all ages and believe me, I'm not a teenager!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hannah Soundtrack Is A Hit, April 21, 2009
This review is from: Hannah Montana: The Movie (Audio CD)
If you think the TV Series and the movie was a hit, wait to you hear the soundtrack. Not only are Miley Cyrus and Dad are on it, but you can add Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift to the mix to make this one awesome CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hannah Montana: The Movie Soundtrack, April 26, 2009
C. S. Reiker "scrapper" (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hannah Montana: The Movie (Audio CD)
Absolutely the best yet! Purchased for my granddaughter and I enjoy listening to it as much as she does... Love the touches with her dad and the Rascal Flats selections.. definitely worth the purchase price!

Hannah Montana: The Movie
Hannah Montana: The Movie by Hannah Montana (Audio CD - 2009)