5.0 out of 5 stars Very romantic
Diana is distrustful of men. Her husband drained her trust fund and then moved on to other women. After his death she takes her daughter and tries to move on with her life. Then Devlan enters the picture and changes all of her ideas about men and having that forever kind of love. But she's still so scared that she almost ruins everything.

I loved the way that...
Published on September 12, 2011 by T. Murrell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, one problem
Published on February 1, 2012 by Amanda J

5.0 out of 5 stars Very romantic, September 12, 2011
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Paperback)

I loved the way that this book was written. It grabbed my attention from the very beginning and never let go. The story flowed well and kept me entertained the entire time. Would definitely recommend if you want a feel good romance.

I received this book free of charge in exchange for my honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Story!, December 14, 2011
BJ (Kentucky, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Kindle Edition)
Diana has had the rug yanked out from under her. She stayed with Peter throughout her dismal marriage for her daughter, Hannah's sake. Now suddenly, she is a broken spirited, penniless widow facing eviction from her home. Where do you go from here?

She has no choice but to move forward carrying her inhibitions with her. Enter Devlan Doyle, her husband's step-brother. Diana has built a wall around her and Hannah to protect her from the hurts previously dealt to her. Despite her objections, she finds herself drawn to Devlan, but refuses to let him get close.

This book had me from the first to the last paragraph, and is full of delightful little twists that I did not see coming. It's a book that makes you stop and think...long after you're done reading it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, one problem, February 1, 2012
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Kindle Edition)
This was a good story and I invested time in it because of that but as you get into the middle somewhere there are a few sex scenes. This disappointed me because I will only read books that are clean and am sorry to not be able to finish it. From the title I had thought it would not have sex, this is not meant to be a criticism for anyone who liked the book, just info for the ones who like clean romance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many miscommunications do not a plot make., March 21, 2012
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Kindle Edition)
I finished this book out of pure stubbornness. This is a contemporary romance and a good reminder to me to not read books that involve children as part of the romantic storyline. I like kids very much in real life and non-romance genre books, but a romance novel that focuses on the children is usually not very compelling in my experience.

I picked this up as a freebie on Amazon, so I can't complain about money spent.

Diana is a wrong woman, whose husband of six years dies in an car accident with his latest mistress after physically assulating Diana and telling her it is over since her money has run out. No, I'm not making up the beginning. It is... a little over the top villainy. At first it seemed that Diana would be a strong character and able to bounce back, but quite soon after the funeral when Devlan, her step-brother in law, shows up the spine disappears.

The start of their relationship is founded on miscommunication. Devlan came out because Hannah, Diana's daughter, is now his heirress and he wanted to check up on her and offer support. But does he spell that out clearly for Diana? No, he's stand-offish, oblique and specifically questions Diana's abilities as a mother. But he's OH SO SEXY that Diana is flustered. Then he quietly takes care of all her debts as a show of goodwill and doesn't tell her so she's forced to move out from her house w/o knowing there is a stalker benefactor who then ignores her for months until Hannah inexplicably (other than to force the leads together) runs in front of a car and is in serious trauma.

Devlan races from California to Denver to aid his weeping Diana (who again was doing JUST FINE on her own until Devlan came along again) and take care of all the bills. And Diana misconstrues his intentions as only willing to pay for Hannah's care if she has sex with him, which is a stretch to say the least and willful misunderstandings.

The book continues with neither Diana or Delvan being direct with each other specifically NOT saying anything in an honest fashion. It is mind boggling to be in their heads and hear their thoughts but watch their interactions. The author writes them as actors rather than real people. Delvan is extremely generous with his money, but parsimonious with his time. Diana means the world to him, but he can go months without talking to her while planning on asking her to marry him. Diana misinterprets any and everything Delvan says, supposedly because of her tragic past except that the husband was a cheater and liar, not subtly misleading. Diana is constantly 'ready to run', even though she stood by her ex-husband for six years and therefore the running aspect doesn't hold true.

I kept hoping that this story would redeem itself but every conversation involved even more unbelievable inability to communicate that I couldn't buy that these two liked each other, much less loved each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars "A Vila Mon Coeur, Gardi Li Mo." Here is my heart, guard it well", August 16, 2011
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Paperback)
Diana was ready to start a new life after the death of her promiscuous husband. A life that included raising her beautiful daughter Hannah, and never trusting men again. The scars of her marriage were deep and painful... would she ever let herself love again?

When Hannah's life is in jeopardy, Diana questions the true intentions of Devlan Doyle and why he is so willing to come to their rescue. A man of power, wealth and determination, Devlan takes matters in his own hands and shows Diana and Hannah what a wonderful new life they could have with him. But is it too much for Diana? As the press and celebrity gossip take its toll on their new relationship, Diana finds her self not questioning if she will ever love again, but instead if she deserves Devlan's love that once came so easily.

When Forever Sunshine grabbed by heart, I couldn't wait to read something... anything else from Collette Scott. Her novels flow naturally, grabbing your attention from first page to lasts. She builds up her romances with growing suspense that will tease you with ever turn of the page. Try and put it down once you start reading... I dare you... it's almost impossible.

KC Stone
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars They Got More Than Hannah's Blessing, January 19, 2012
Mary C. Findley (Traveling in a Truck) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Kindle Edition)
If any contemporary romance gave excellent advice to its readers, it's this one. It tells lovers, and readers, not to make assumptions. It reminded me a lot of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. There is a small amount of language and non-graphic sexual reference in the book dealt with appropriately for any adult or young adult reader.
I mostly read romance because I write romance. Sometimes after I finish one I want that piece of my life back. This one charmed me from beginning to end. Collette Scott writes about real people. The book explores the consequences of our assumption-making. It also makes an excellent point about how many people we can affect or hurt with the best of intentions. There are so many fun and interesting secondary characters in the book.
Diana, the main character, starts the story as a wronged woman. The fate of her husband was a perfect "let the punishment fit the crime" irony. The title character, their daughter Hannah, unwittingly brings into Diana's life her late husband's stepbrother, Devlan, who has made his niece his sole heir. Devlan's rich, handsome, brilliant, successful, and yet can't manage to communicate clearly to the one person in the world who matters most. It's not Hannah. She loves, trusts, and relies on him with all the sweet innocence of a child in spite of his social blunders.
Diana is deeply wounded after six years of marriage to the wrong brother. She has listened to lies, tried to trust, and felt the pain of betrayal too long. Devlan, experienced with business, celebrity and all the rest of life, is too inexperienced with "real" women to win her trust. Diana is a runner, and how and why she runs from Devlan is pretty stunning. How and why he finally decides it's time to chase her, and how that turns out is also stunning.

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too traditional, needed a lot more work on the plot., June 21, 2012
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Kindle Edition)
There is nothing totally wrong with this story, but the author could have done more to make it more exciting and less weak.

Diana Somerset's husband abuses her and runs around with other women, then tragedy occurs. Diana and her daughter, Hannah, are left alone but along comes a saviour, the husband's womanising, rich stepbrother - and you guessed it, takes over his younger stepbrother's debts. Then trouble ensues and Devlan Doyle, comes to the rescue again and takes over the family this time.

Diana naturally will not spend his money on herself but is quite prepared to sleep with Devlan for the cost of her daughter's medical care. She then runs off into the night with the usual contradictions and lack of communication playing out as per traditional romantic mayhem followed by some nifty deceit.

I wanted to slap both main characters silly because they were very annoying and did stupid things. Diana was supposed to be a professional woman and intelligent, but her wilful misunderstanding totally weakened the plot. There were several loose ends which were not addressed, her husband's Will and how the husband got into Diana's Trust Fund. How Diana was going to get Hannah taken out of Devlan's Will couldn't happen anyway.

There were several anomalies - the "other woman" was thrown out of the car, but was in it later on - and the editing was sloppy in places.

I don't want to give a spoiler, that's not fair to the author, however the plot and ending were conventional. The author, in my opinion, needed to dig deeper and include something unexpected to make the story less predictable and "flesh out" her characters.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, horrible, horrible book, June 4, 2012
JustMeDawn (Northwestern Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Paperback)
"Collette began her first novel at the age of eight" and she never moved past an eight year old's "romantic" view on life or the ability to write a real novel. If you know a woman or have been in an abusive marriage/relationship this book will piss you off! Collette is clueless on how an abused woman thinks or begins to recover from a decade of abuse.

It is rare when I can't get myself to finish a book; if I had purchased this in book form opposed to Kindle, it would be in the trash. I usually get very attached to characters in the novels that I am reading. I could not connect with one in this book.

This author is clueless on how to develop characters, especially a mentally/physically abused woman. Over halfway through the book, I still had no clue who Diana (the "perfect" woman according to her BIL, yet they have never had a conversation prior to the accident) is or what makes her tick - oh, except she's willing to sleep with her billionaire brother in law that worships the ground she walks on - even though they met once for a few minutes at her wedding and had never had a conversation - because he is paying Hannah's hospital bills.

Diana's was horribly abused by her husband (the billionaires step brother). This book mentions the abuse often (but never really gives you the REAL story), yet never addresses the abuse - except that Diana THINKS she doesn't deserved to be treated well BUT loves that Hannah is being spoiled rotten - beyond reasoning.

I definitely will not read another one of Collette Scott's book again - even if it was .$99. Not worth it.

If you think my review was poorly written, you will really hate the way the book was written.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read!, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Paperback)
I loved this book. I read Collette's first book (forever sunshine) prior to Hannah's blessing and knew I would enjoy all of this author's work. However, I must say this was my favorite!! The characters are interesting and real. I wanted to savor this book. The twists and turns in this story make it impossible to put down. If you want a "feel-good" book, pick this one up! It really is a "great read". Can't wait for Collette's next book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of time, February 27, 2012
Tech Geek (West Bloomfield, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hannah's Blessing (Kindle Edition)
I read this book because I was terribly bored and I hate to not find out what happens. But it was a stupid book; I don't know what other people read to like it so much. The characters constantly acted out of character. Diana was framed as an intelligent strong woman, but kept doing... wow, I can't think of a better term... stupid, weak things. She would easily get upset and run away. Then, when Devlan treated her badly, she would become understanding and trusting. The worst was her behavior as a mother. I'm 35, I don't have kids, I don't want kids, but I would never behave as she did. Your daughter is in a horrible accident you sit vigil by her bed, but when she wakes for the first time you run home, go out to breakfast, make out with a guy you hated only about 10 pages ago!!!

Unbelievable and unlikeable characters, topped off with a multitude of contrived situations to build tension between the main characters.

Hannah's Blessing