4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, especially for less than $300!
Looks great, especially for less than $300! Easy to use menu and setup was simple as well. I have had this tv for two weeks now and I haven't had any issues. I definitely recommend this for someone who doesn't have $500 to spend but wants a hdtv.
Published on December 12, 2010 by jts412

1.0 out of 5 stars would not buy this
i cannot say anything good about this tv.The maufacturer don't think much of it.They don't return calls;or just put you off.It was registered.They know it is no good,yet they still put it out for the poor public.It is made in china,maybe this tells you something. From a i have had it customer.
Published on November 29, 2010 by chuck

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, especially for less than $300!, December 12, 2010
jts412 (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV with a catch, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Hannspree ST32AMSB 31.5" LCD HDTV (Electronics)
I bought this set after much research from Costco with the extended service plan (bringing the total warranty coverage up to five years) for less than $300 dollars, a STEAL. I have an electronics/television repair background so I speak with a bit of experience.

PROS:

1. Price: Under $300? For this picture quality? A steal.

2. Picture quality: For the price this set has an AMAZING picture. Good black levels, excellent color. For lack of a better word the "picture depth" is fantastic. I compared this directly with a Vizio priced about $150 more. MUCH better picture on the Hannspree.

3. Features: This set has FIVE HDMI connections (two on the back, three on the side), USB input, S-Video, component video, PC VGA input, line outs, digital audio output, headphone jack. The connectivity pretty much blows other sub $500 LED-LCD sets out of the water. Plus it comes with a six foot HDMI cable included, at least in the Costco version.

4. Menu: Easy to understand, pretty straightforward menu options. Does NOT have quite as many picture control options as you would get from a higher priced set, but thus far I'm quite happy with the picture.

5. Remote: Attractive, well-designed remote. Feels well made and solid. Looks a bit retro but I like that.

6. Design: Set has a clear tempered glass bezel on the front, a nice heavy tempered glass stand. Touch sensitive controls on the front. Well laid out connection panels on side and back. Looks nice even when it's turned off.

7. Media Playback Through USB: Plays music and video in a number of different formats as well as photo viewing through the USB connection.

CONS:

1. THE SOUND: If this set wasn't as thin as it is I'd be convinced the speakers were two rusty soup cans. I've worked on televisions for over 20 years. This thing has FAR AND AWAY the worst sound I've ever heard from a TV. Sound compares closely to an Edison cylinder playing through a Victrola. The set has lots of audio settings (equalizer, SRS) and none of them help in the least. Figure on connecting this to a stereo or some sort of external speaker bar. Even those speakers you got with your desktop computer ten years ago which are sitting in the back of your closet will improve the sound exponentially. Yes, it's that bad.

2. The Manual: Not the worst written manual I've ever seen but rather vague. Some of the features will be difficult for the novice to understand.

3. PVR capability: The set is purported to have some recording function. My understanding was that this function allowed recording of shows onto an external hard drive. This is true, but apparently it only works for off the air digital signals and will NOT record (for example) satellite signal through the HDMI input. It might be understood that this is never the case, but it was not explained in any review or spec sheet I read on this tv before purchase. If there IS some way to do this I'd love to have the information.

To sum this all up, this is a fantastic set for the budget-minded buyer, as long as the atrocious sound quality is not a deal breaker. This set would get a firm five star rating if not for the pocket transistor radio sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my purposes., June 11, 2011
Bluesdude (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hannspree ST32AMSB 31.5" LCD HDTV (Electronics)
I bought 2 of these for my kids to hook their Xbox's up to. For the price I paid and what I use them for, this is a great product at a great price. I would not use this as a main TV in the house for watching or even in the bedroom, but my kids are happy and out of my hair.

As far as quality and features. It has everything you would need except built in wifi. The speakers aren't great. I've had them for less than a year and they still work perfectly. So far the quality seems to be good.

Just keep in mind this is a 60hz lcd and be prepared for what you get with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars HDTV BARGAIN!, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Hannspree ST32AMSB 31.5" LCD HDTV (Electronics)
Bought this TV from COSTCO. Use it as a bedroom TV connected to Xfinity HD box. Picture is as good as any HDTV we have seen. Sound is adequate for a more confined area like a bedroom, not objectionable at all when set in surround mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUY !, December 2, 2011
This review is from: Hannspree ST32AMSB 31.5" LCD HDTV (Electronics)
Bought this TV at Costco for a GREAT price.

Outstanding picture, well designed TV.

Only drawback is poor sound quality.

However, one of the few TVs made today
with an Earphone Jack, where you can add
any powered PC speakers to improve the
sound dramatically.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

4.0 out of 5 stars TV from Circuti City never showed; 2 weeks after last window cancelled order, January 22, 2011
EnbeUU (So. California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hannspree ST32AMSB 31.5" LCD HDTV (Electronics)
Ordered ~ Christmas, range of delivery stated last date of delivery would be Jan 10; showed UPS having the paper for the order and then ((((poof)))) nothing. I have 4 Hannspree TVs and really like their straight forward designs; they work. Finally ordered an LG 32 1080p; The LG isn't as user friendly and requires more menu driven commands and the remote does not have as many direct access functions; e.g., "sleep" function requires (LG) going into the Menu function and then selecting the time to "sleep" fom the menu first; the Hannspree, choose "leep" button, and a popup function and each press of the sleep button gives multiple increments of 15 minutes time to select: 15, 30, 45, 60 to 2 hours max. Much more efficient. With amazon customer service at least there was a 3rd party to deal with the now BR, Circuit City.
Ordered again, from an Ebay vendor; it was a slight bit less; however, it came from a vendor that charged the 10.% + California tax; shipping was free.
That said, I like the menu-less controls Hannspree programmed into the set; (e.g. the sleep function is direct access from the hand control...press sleep and access the sleep function in 15 minute intervals...no menu to cycle through.
I'll order another one for my office; now have 6 Hannspree TVs scattered around this house, all 1080 Ps and all are just great.

1.0 out of 5 stars would not buy this, November 29, 2010