Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 2, 2013
HAPPILY EVER AFTER – The Life Changing Power of a Grateful Heart by Trista Sutter is definitely one of my favorite books of 2013. This is not only because I love Trista and have followed her and Ryan since she appeared on The Bachelorette in 2002, but because she is such an inspiration. Happily Ever After is not only filled with stories of grace, thoughtfulness, and thankful words, but has bits and pieces of their life mixed in including poems and letters she received from Ryan (my favorite: “Why Socks?”). Throughout the book, she encourages you to be grateful for even the smallest of blessings in life including “socks.” Fantastic and encouraging read. Highly recommended. Received courtesy of Net Galley.
on February 25, 2014
I got the feeling this was a promotion for The Bachelor and Bachelorette franchise. In addition to it being one quote after another of someone else's published words. While she gave credit to those people I found the constant repetition to be annoying. When speaking of the Sutter children she called them "my" kids but spoke of conceiving as "we" got pregnant. I think Trista is not ready for her time in front of the camera to be over. She loved the limelight and still seeks it. This book seemed to be an effort in that direction. She clearly desires more than a fireman's wages can afford.

The biggest message I got from the book is that she buried herself in debt for a college education which included joining a sorority. And she still speaks of debt after a contract that paid them big money to have a televised wedding.

I hope her next book will be about how she and Ryan lived within their means and happily ever after. Perhaps she needs to contact Dave Ramsey?

I think this book will be embraced by the high school and college age readers more than anyone else. For an older reader, it was not one I found hard to put down or experiences that seemed all that challenging in the big picture of life...especially for someone who has lived through a tremendous number of challenges.
on February 27, 2015
Another book by a reality star that contains very little info that many of us couldn't have written. Am happy that a friend allowed me to read it so I didn't have to buy it. What puzzles me about her, and other reality stars, is that she writes about being grateful for the "little things in life" , but I truly believe that when their savings get low, they feel the need to write another book. Trista, you married a fireman. Get a grip. Your days in the lime-light should be over IF indeed you are living "happily ever after." Buying this book is a total waste of money.
on July 4, 2014
I've never really been a big watcher of "The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette," but I saw this book in my library and decided "why not?" It was interesting for the first few chapters, but quickly became repetitive. I found myself skipping portions of chapters, since she told the same stories in multiple chapters. I also didn't like how she kept writing "as so-and-so-said" and quoting someone else. That was in every chapter, and it got very annoying.

Another negative, for me, was how she kept telling the stories of other people I mean, it's her book, why not tell more of her own stories about why she's so grateful, rather than telling someone else's story, even if she finds them inspiring? The book just didn't seem to come together as a whole at all, and seemed very disjointed. I'm not even sure what kind of a book she was trying to write with this, a self-help or biography- then again, I'm not even sure she even knew what she was going for! It's great that she's so grateful about things in her life, but this book was just not for me.
on August 20, 2014
I couldn't wait to read this book. I have watched The Bachelor and The Bachelorette for years and I thought this book would be more about Trista and Ryan, their life together, children, etc. Now she did talk about her family but there were so many quotes from other people that I felt like I was reading a book of quotes. Trista had some good ideas about gifts, thank you notes, showing gratitude which is wonderful but the book just wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I got to the point where as I turned each page, I knew there would be at least one, in some cases, multiple quotes by someone else, on the next page. As a fan of Trista and Ryan on The Bachelorette, I watched their wedding, read about the birth of each of their children and was happy for them. I guess I was just expecting more personal stories, less quotes from others.
on January 13, 2014
I have never met Trista and like many others have only come to know a little about her from seeing her journey on the Bachelorette. In seeing her down to earth, caring personality and the love she has for her family through interviews etc.I was SO excited to read her first book Filled with so many touching stories, and wonderful advice I HIGHLY recommend this book for yourself and also as a wonderful gift for someone you love. I read the entire book, on a 4 hour plane trip..it was THAT good! You not only get to get a small glimpse into her everyday family life and the love that her and Ryan share for each other and their children, but it is filled with touching stories, some that will bring tears to your eyes, and hints for all of us to incorporate into our lives. For example: to never take a moment of this life for granted, to everyday let those you love, know it in small ways just how much they mean to you , and to forever be grateful for this life. Trista's outlook, and love for life, is truly contagious and validates that if you try to look for the positive, even when times are at their hardest , you will not only get through it, but will be stronger for it. In reading her book, you truly can find your Happily Ever After too.
on December 20, 2013
Heartwarming stories of love and powerful stories of overcoming obstacles all with a grateful heart. You will look at life differently after reading this book!
on January 7, 2014
Fell in love with Trista and Ryan Sutter on The Bachelorette. Even if I had never seen them prior to reading this book, I would have fallen in love with them after reading it. I loved it so much I gave a copy to each daughter and one to a friend. I will definitely read it again, filled my heart with happiness!
on June 8, 2014
I liked reading the part of the book about her time on the show and at home with her family but with all the quotes and talking about the grateful part was not really what I was expecting to read in the book!!
on May 11, 2014
After recently going through a rough time I decided to read Trista's book. Having followed her journey on the Bachelorette I have always thought of Trista as a down to earth, "normal" person. I sat down and read the entire book, cover to cover, in one day. Trista provided a new outlook on life - not every day is going to be easy but it's up to us to make ourselves happy. The most important thing is to always be thankful and thank those around you. Trista - "Thank You" - for being an inspiration to so many of us!!!!