Set in the world of her Night Huntress series, this story was originally published in the Weddings from Hell anthology (this review is reincarnated and slightly revamped from my review of that book).

Published on July 24, 2011 by melindeeloo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
Published on August 25, 2011 by Christy Mullins

4.0 out of 5 stars If you missed this previously published short, now's your 'Chance' :), July 24, 2011
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)

Happily Never After is not a Cat and Bones short, although it has several brief pop-ins by Bones, but do not let that stop you. The hero, vampire Chance, is one of Bone's compadres, and is an almost as luscious. As a favor to his sire Bones, Chance steps in to save the lovely Isabella from a coerced marriage to a would-be B-movie type mafia boss and Chance finds himself attracted to her with an intensity he's never felt before in his very long life. Isabella and Chance are every bit as good as Bones and Cat, Frost does great heroes and competent intelligent heroines well. This was fun addition to the Night Huntress world, but I did have one nit - trying to pull Bones into the story felt forced and a bit hokey to me - I think that Chance could have managed nicely on his own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Take a Chance on Chance!, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
As most of you know today is the release of the much anticipated One Grave at a Time, the sixth book in The Night Huntress series. In fact if you're reading this review after 9AM on August 30,2011. I have most likely already drug my children to the store, am back home, and reading my copy. Now if you are one of the few that does not know the awesomeness that is Jeaniene Frost, Happily Never After is a great please to start.

Even though this novella is set between the first and second books in the Night Huntress series, Happily Never After has it's own set of characters, so you don't feel like you're starting out of place. Isa is a strong female lead, who is going along with an engagement (that she wants nothing to do with) to save her brother. Then there is Chance... Hmmm Chance. He's a hot vampire sired by Bones! Do you really need another reason to read this?

The chemistry between Isa and Chance is just what you want in a paranormal romance. Or it was what I wanted because I loved them. With only 42 pages of story I always fear going into novellas that I'll feel rushed as I'm reading, but I'm happy to say that's not the case with Happily Never After. Bonus it's only 1.99 and for you newbies there are excerpts to the first and second book in the Night Huntress series at the end.

Happy Reading,

Rebecca

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, August 25, 2011
Christy Mullins (Loveland, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this story right up to the last 2 or 3 chapters. Up to that point, it seemed just as well written as her other works. Then, it just seemed to stop. It felt as though the author ran out of story, or wasn't sure how to resolve it and just tacked an ending on it and called it good. I was very surprised because I've enjoyed so much everything else I've read of hers. This story didn't seem finished and would have made a better full length novel with a little more resolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with Happy Never After, December 31, 2012
T. M. Wheeler (Silver Spring, Md. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
This was a cute mini book that I loved. It made me want to start looking for more books with 'Bones' as a part of the story line. Thanks Ms, Frost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series with new stories and same characters I've read. Love Cat & Bones!, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
If you haven't read Ms. Frost, I suggest you give it a try. Cat & Bones are fantastic and the other characters brought in are just as riveting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Read, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
I have always liked Paranormal Romance. Jeaniene Frost is one of my favorite authors for Vampire Romance books next to Lindsay Sands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it!, November 26, 2012
Ami (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
If you like Jeaniene Frost and the Cat and Bones series then you will like this short story. Its not as perfect as her usual novels (tho that may just be space limitations due to the shorter format) but its a fun, quick read. Excellent little appetizer while waiting for "Twice Tempted".

5.0 out of 5 stars Happily Never After, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
This one got me hooked on the series with Cat and Bones, somewhat of a guilty pleasure. Wonderful characters and new adventures all over the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars happily never after, August 30, 2012
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
Although this isn't a Cat and Bones book, it does briefly include them in the story. Isabella, or Isa as she likes to be called is planning a wedding to a man she doesn't want to marry, but feels obligated to because of his dangerous personality. Chance, a good friend of Bones' comes to the rescue as a favor to Bones.

Believe me when I say, if you like Bones, then you'll love Chance too, but no one can replace Bones in my heart. He's a steamy and sexy character, that will capture the heart of Isa just when she needs saving.

This is yet another great read by Jeaniene Frost, that everyone must read. It's short and sweet, packed with sexy vampires and exciting action. This book is definitely worth a rating of 5/5.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seemed lacking, August 22, 2011
Lady Hecate "Lady Hecate" (Millersville, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happily Never After (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
I guess I am not a short story person as I found this short story to be lacking. It just was not up to Ms. Frost's writings of her earlier books, to which I absolutely love to the point of re-reading them. It was an okay read on a rainy afternoon.

Happily Never After (Night Huntress)
$1.99