4.0 out of 5 stars Leaves you wanting more
Ok, lets get right to it.

Published on December 9, 2011 by Sarita Lopez

3.0 out of 5 stars Birthday trilogy book 2
Published 20 months ago by Michelle@Book Briefs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Leaves you wanting more, December 9, 2011
Ok, lets get right to it.

I usually don't care to much for some sequels just because when I find the first book in a series to be excelent (as in this case) the sequels tends to fall short and disappoint me. Happy Birthday To Me, was amazing. I really enjoyed it, SO..... Happy Birthday To Me Again, had some pretty big shoes to fill. I must admit, Brain Rowe most definitely delivered an excelent sequel.

After breaking off his engagement to his girlfriend Liesel, Cameron Martin is faced yet AGAIN with an aging problem, except this time he's aging backward. Not only is he aging backward, but the one person that could save him again is nowhere to be found. This has to be really frustrating since in Happy Birthday To Me, he knew what was happening to him, but didn't know who could help him. And in Happy Birthday To Me Again, he knows whats happening to him, he knows who could help him, and she disappears....

Rowe once again does an amazing job with the storyline of this book. Each character has been described with so much detail, its very easy to picture every one of them with ease. The book itself starts by giving the readers a taste of the ending first, giving readers just enough detail to want to continue reading. He does the same in book one which I honestly found to be very smart. Now, I must admit that I was pretty sure I knew who the "bad guy" was, and I wasn't wrong. What I wasn't expecting though, was the unexpected twist that he added that has to do with a main character and the "bad guy." (Very well done Mr. Rowe...)

I found this book to be an excelent read, and I'm more then looking forward to reading Happy Birthday To You. It's the final book in the series and I cant wait til it comes out next year.

4 out of 5 hearts, only because the book ends leaving you wanting more. I literally had my mouth open when it ended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit, December 11, 2011
This review is from: Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
It's rare when the second book in a series flows as well as the first. While not as heart wrenching as the first book (Happy Birthday to Me), I was still vested in the characters and couldn't wait to see what would happen next with each passing page. The ending alone has me excited to read the last book in this trilogy.

As with the first book in the series, I found myself sucked into Cameron Martin's adventures, as he grows younger with each passing day. I would think it would be difficult to write about a teen going back in years, but Mr. Rowe pulled it off effortlessly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Birthday trilogy book 2, November 9, 2012
Michelle@Book Briefs (boca raton, florida United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Happy Birthday to Me, Again flowed a little bit faster than the first book did for me. Since I was already introduced to the main characters and knew what was going on, I was able to get right into the story. But it is not one of those series where you can just come in in the middle and be able to pick everything up. The concept is a little out there so I would recommend reading all of the books, and not just starting with this one.

The concept of the Birthday trilogy books is a little strange but it is funny! Everyone is still a little shaken up by the close calls in the first book, so Happy Birthday to Me, Again has slightly more somber undertones, but it is still nonetheless entertaining.

The one thing I didn't care for too much was how fast Cameron and Liesel were moving. They get engaged in this book, and they are both so young! Now I get that Cameron had a really close call in the last book, but they are still only 17/18 years old and they have not been going out long at all. I guess this just bugged me, because it bugs me in real life when teens rush into serious things like marriage. But I do like both of them, so it was hard for me to be too annoyed with it. Plus, as we soon find out there is so much that Cameron just doesn't know about Liesel.

I like the Happy Birthday trilogy. They are fun books. Are they the most realistic books in the world? No, but they are original and enjoyable. I think that the third book in the trilogy is going to be the best one! I just started it and something big is happening, and I think I am going to like that one the most. Which is pretty cool, go out with a bang! :)

*Disclaimer- I got a copy of this book for free in exchange for my honest review. I did not receive any compensation for my thoughts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first, November 15, 2011
I liked Happy Birthday To Me Again better than I like Happy Birthday To Me. It was not nearly as predictable and I found myself being shocked by the turn of events. I love Cameron and Liesel's relationship it is soo sweet that even though they have been dating for a short period of time they know they are meant for each other and I guess going through serious things as aging backward and forwards could help that cause. I hated Hannah the moment she was introduced. I have an issue with hot girls being introduced mid series interfering with the happy couple they just rub me the wrong way.

Happy Birthday To Me Again is a quick and easy read and I can't wait to see where the story goes in Happy Birthday to You because Brian ended in it such a cliff hanger that I need to know what happens next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Birthday to me again, January 3, 2014
After reading the first book of this series I felt another one would be just as good. I was not disappointed. This one kept you trying to figure out what was what. can't wait to read the final one. sure it will be full of surprises. I think you should give this series a try. you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me want to keep reading., June 11, 2013
This was a great second book. It kept my attention the whole time and make me want to continue reading the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, May 24, 2013
I actually enjoyed reading this book. In the beginning I thought okay here we go again, but I quickly got lost in the story and completely caught up with the characters. I can't wait to read the third book in this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ah to be 3 Again!, May 10, 2013
So as a quick recap to the book (even though the blurb and the other reviews do it, I just have to also): Cameron's got the same problem again, except this time he's going the other way, Liesel still has absolutely no control of her powers (she really needs a mentor here), Cameron's parents still can't cope with, well, anything, and Wes still has his camera...all the time. The good news for Cameron is that he's getting younger - no dying of old age this time. The bad news is that he has a lot less time to fix the situation this time, and exactly what comes before one? A zygote? Anyone have a test tube handy? It makes you ponder...you can get old and die. But can you get young and just...poof out of existence? It's not really death. Anyway...

While I liked Cameron in the first book, I liked him a lot more in this one. His inner dialogue was very funny (because seriously, you have no clue what you'll look like going forward but everything is familiar going back). I really liked how everyone dealt with the situation in relation to the first ("Again?! Backwards?!"). And I liked Liesel more because we saw more of her this time, and we knew she wasn't a bad person even though she's very, very dangerous. And there is the introduction of an evil villain, and this person is really, really bad. Like psycho, cruel bad. There is also a lot of vomiting in this book. Cameron either has a very sensitive stomach or he's just a little squeamish about kissing close relatives and old teachers.

Some thoughts:

No one will ever sing that damned song to me ever again. I will run screaming from the room. I will just pretend that my birthday doesn't exist...I'll sleep through it (though I am in the interesting situation of, if this happened to me, I'd probably have the same time going forward as going back). "Happy Birthday to You" just became like the soundtrack to Psycho, The Exorcist or The Shining.

The story takes a HUGE twist at the end...with a huge cliffhanger (and thank God I bought all three books at once so I don't have to wait). I'm just a little concerned about Book 3, because it almost seems like this story is going to change genre, from cute paranormal story with moral lessons to the zombie apocalypse (but there are no zombies), and that just seems...off - I've never actually read a book or a series that changed genres right in midstream. And I don't know if I like that. But, I shall find out soon enough. On to 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story!, March 26, 2013
I've been looking forward to reading this sequel ever since I finished the first book, and Happy Birthday to Me Again was more than worth the wait! Cameron and Liesel are back and better than ever, this time facing an entirely new set of problems. Now that they've worked out most of the problems in their relationship, Cameron is ready to take the next big step forward. So is Liesel. Problem is, everyone else isn't exactly in agreement. Well, except for Kimber. Add in another curse-this time purely accidental-that sets the clock backward for Cameron, an unexpected nemesis, a friend that wants to turn his life i major motion picture, and a grumpy old librarian he just can't stop running into . . . Things aren't looking so well for him.

Packed with as much humor, suspense, and action as the first book, this novel had me flying through the pages, wanting to know what would happen on the next one, and the next day. Some parts had me laughing out loud, and others had me holding my breath as the suspense built.

I don't think I can recommend this trilogy enough. Even if it's not what you typically what you read, I recommend you give it ago. It's a light, satisfying read that's worthwhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., September 28, 2012
Liked this a lot, great story line and characters. cliff hanger though. Bmmer. though makes you want to start the next one right away.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›