4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and comfortable but expensive
Have been using it for last 4-5 months. Joined school which means lot of reading and laptop work, so I purchased albeit the price tag was high. So, far I found it decent. Bluish light, two brightness setting, reasonably stable on the table. This light is good for reading and laptop. But if you want light spread across a larger table, this is not the right one...
Published on November 22, 2007 by Bobby

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but lacking brightness for my close-up work
After reading the reviews and comparisons on the manufacturers web site, I thought I had found the perfect lamp to spend my many tedious hours examining fingerprints with.

Published on January 9, 2007 by R. Frampton

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and comfortable but expensive, November 22, 2007
Bobby (Kendall Park, NJ United States) - See all my reviews

Update after 2 years of use: the plastic cover for the lamp got loose and keeps falling - a nuisance. Otherwise, no complaints.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but lacking brightness for my close-up work, January 9, 2007
R. Frampton (Lynn, Massachusetts USA) - See all my reviews

Needless to say, I was quite disappointed to find that this lamp lacked the brightness that I had thought it would have. Even though this lamp has a two-way switch that enables one to change between a high & low lamp output... I found that I had to have the lamp closer to my work than I wanted in order to achieve the brightness that I required.

I also found the base to be somewhat "tippy" when the light portion of the lamp was not adjusted parallel the base.

In fairness to the manufacturer, this lamp did cast an even light that was comfortable to to read under for extended periods of time.

Would I buy this lamp again... probably not, especially at the retail prices they are selling for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lamp, honored warranty, February 14, 2009
Purchased this lamp December 2007 from Amazon.com. It stopped working January 2009. Verilux honored the three year warranty, first by replacing the bulb (not the problem), then sending a new lamp. Defective one returned in the packaging that came with the new one. Impressed with the prompt customer service and have enjoyed the quality of the light.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inexcusably Bad Customer Service, January 26, 2012
I purchased this lamp for my son upon the recommendation of his psychiatrist for seasonal affective disorder. The lamp worked for less than six weeks. We purchased a replacement bulb - it turned out to be the ballast. Neither the manufacturer nor Amazon customer service have been responsive in addressing our warranty issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the lamp / Great lamp for reading and computer work, March 3, 2010
Hello all!

I bought the lamp some months ago. And I think it is one of the best investments ever made. I am a European exchange student at UCSD. For my graduate work, I have to do a lot of reading and stay a lot of time in front of the computer.

This lamp is really great for this purpose.

Design. It is bigger as it looks in the photo. Also my house-mates, my friends and I really like the design of this lamp (I have to add I was unsure whether to buy this lamp because I did not like the shape that I saw on the web picture).

Quality of the light. I am awake and read often until the morning hours and this lamp always keeps me company. Also tonight, first I was looking at the computer for some minutes and I had some eye strain (without the lamp). Immediately I took the lamp from my room, positioned it again near my computer and , voilà, I can work without problems.The quality of the light is really good.

Overall, I think this a great product. When I go to my friends and I have to study, I nearly wanted to take the lamp with me in order that I can read in the night without problems. I think that that explains it all!

Based on my experience, I really recommend this lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy on eyes!, November 18, 2007
D By (Portland,OR USA) - See all my reviews
I already had one lamp like this. I have found it wonderful when I do 'close work' (copying, sewing, reading, knitting, etc) as my eyes aren't as young as they were a few decades ago. I decided to 'treat' myself by purchasing one more lamp so I didn't need to carry the first one around the house.
I like and recommend this lamp for others that need and/or would like a little extra 'help' seeing 'close work' - as one is able to aim the light right where one wants/needs the light... and I find I don't have eye strain, when I use it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmmmmm., December 28, 2006
E. S. O. H. (Hazelhurst, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this lamp because it says it doesnt give off any glare and is easy on the eyes for reading, doing crafts, sewing........... Well it doesnt giove off much light either!!!! So you need another source of light in your work area also......... I didnt think it would fill up the room with beautiful NATURAL light but c'mon.........all in all its an overpriced night light!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, light and flexible, August 4, 2008
I purchased this lamp to use in my studio for those times when natural light is not bright enough. This light provides sufficient light for me to work, is light weight and easily portable and is flexible such that I can get it set to just the right angle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 25, 2007
I do about 300pages of reading a week and the natural light from this lamp is a godsend. My eyes still get tired but not irritated they way they used to. Does the lamp provide the light of a 1000 candles? No but it's a desklamp and not a search light. Well worth the money. I'm getting it as a gift for a family member.

Your eyes will thank you!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, November 7, 2007
I've had this lamp for about 2 weeks now and love it! My dorm room is wicked dark and this really helps to make studying at my desk easier. My only complaint is that the base is ridiculously large and even so the lamp is a bit tippy.

Happy Eyes Desk Lamp Putty