Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Happy Eyes Desk Lamp Putty
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Putty|Change
Price:$44.14 - $91.90

on November 22, 2007
Have been using it for last 4-5 months. Joined school which means lot of reading and laptop work, so I purchased albeit the price tag was high. So, far I found it decent. Bluish light, two brightness setting, reasonably stable on the table. This light is good for reading and laptop. But if you want light spread across a larger table, this is not the right one.

Update after 2 years of use: the plastic cover for the lamp got loose and keeps falling - a nuisance. Otherwise, no complaints.
22 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
After reading the reviews and comparisons on the manufacturers web site, I thought I had found the perfect lamp to spend my many tedious hours examining fingerprints with.

Needless to say, I was quite disappointed to find that this lamp lacked the brightness that I had thought it would have. Even though this lamp has a two-way switch that enables one to change between a high & low lamp output... I found that I had to have the lamp closer to my work than I wanted in order to achieve the brightness that I required.

I also found the base to be somewhat "tippy" when the light portion of the lamp was not adjusted parallel the base.

In fairness to the manufacturer, this lamp did cast an even light that was comfortable to to read under for extended periods of time.

Would I buy this lamp again... probably not, especially at the retail prices they are selling for.
on February 14, 2009
Purchased this lamp December 2007 from Amazon.com. It stopped working January 2009. Verilux honored the three year warranty, first by replacing the bulb (not the problem), then sending a new lamp. Defective one returned in the packaging that came with the new one. Impressed with the prompt customer service and have enjoyed the quality of the light.
on March 3, 2010
Hello all!

I bought the lamp some months ago. And I think it is one of the best investments ever made. I am a European exchange student at UCSD. For my graduate work, I have to do a lot of reading and stay a lot of time in front of the computer.

This lamp is really great for this purpose.

Design. It is bigger as it looks in the photo. Also my house-mates, my friends and I really like the design of this lamp (I have to add I was unsure whether to buy this lamp because I did not like the shape that I saw on the web picture).

Quality of the light. I am awake and read often until the morning hours and this lamp always keeps me company. Also tonight, first I was looking at the computer for some minutes and I had some eye strain (without the lamp). Immediately I took the lamp from my room, positioned it again near my computer and , voilà, I can work without problems.The quality of the light is really good.

Overall, I think this a great product. When I go to my friends and I have to study, I nearly wanted to take the lamp with me in order that I can read in the night without problems. I think that that explains it all!

Based on my experience, I really recommend this lamp
on January 26, 2012
I purchased this lamp for my son upon the recommendation of his psychiatrist for seasonal affective disorder. The lamp worked for less than six weeks. We purchased a replacement bulb - it turned out to be the ballast. Neither the manufacturer nor Amazon customer service have been responsive in addressing our warranty issues.
on November 18, 2007
I already had one lamp like this. I have found it wonderful when I do 'close work' (copying, sewing, reading, knitting, etc) as my eyes aren't as young as they were a few decades ago. I decided to 'treat' myself by purchasing one more lamp so I didn't need to carry the first one around the house.
I like and recommend this lamp for others that need and/or would like a little extra 'help' seeing 'close work' - as one is able to aim the light right where one wants/needs the light... and I find I don't have eye strain, when I use it.
on November 7, 2007
I've had this lamp for about 2 weeks now and love it! My dorm room is wicked dark and this really helps to make studying at my desk easier. My only complaint is that the base is ridiculously large and even so the lamp is a bit tippy.
on October 4, 2011
The light is bright. The color is day light blue. The lamp turns on instantly, which is also a little plus. However, the problem is that the lamp is not very stable. We run a small online business. We purchased this lamp because we need bright light to take close-up pictures of the merchandise we sell. When the flexible neck is bent too much left or right, the lamp becomes unstable and WILL fall. It should have came with a wider and more stable base. This should have been thought out by the manufacturer. However, if you dont move or adjust the lamp, which would be an average user, then I guess it will work for you. Its just something to keep in mind in case you plan to adjust the direction of the light frequently.
on August 4, 2008
I purchased this lamp to use in my studio for those times when natural light is not bright enough. This light provides sufficient light for me to work, is light weight and easily portable and is flexible such that I can get it set to just the right angle.
on June 19, 2013
Should be ZERO STARS!

**INITIAL REVIEW**
The lamp does everything I expected it to do - directional, adjustable, floods my workspace with light. However, I am a little disappointed in the plasticky feel of the entire piece. It is quite heavy for stability reasons, and the large base takes up more desk space than I had intended.

**UPDATE 07/25/2013** Bought this lamp and just 7 weeks later the bulb went out. The "Verilux" brand replacement bulb is $19-20 on Amazon. I tried another brand who was supposed to fit and it didn't - Verilux has very specific tab configuration that does not allow you to use another manufacturers bulb. ONLY 7 WEEK LIFE FOR A $20 BULB? I FEEL CHEATED!

**UPDATE 08/01/2013** Ordered 2 of the Verilux brand bulbs, were just delivered last night. I get to my office today -- and the lamp STILL wont work with new bulbs. tried both of them. So its the lamp that died. When I got on Amazon today to look into returning the lamp, my window for returns expired 30 days ago. SO BASICALLY THIS EXPENSIVE LAMP ONLY LASTS AS LONG AS YOU CAN RETURN IT. Now I have a $60+ lamp that only worked for a couple months and then became a useless piece of trash. Think I felt cheated last week?? Now I am royally ticked off.