5.0 out of 5 stars Leave Happy Feet Two Alone Conspiracy Followers
Published on March 15, 2012 by Randy

2.0 out of 5 stars Needed more silly and less drama
"Happy Feet 2" or the sequel to the animated musical for kids is absolutely beautiful. From the intricate fibers of hairs to the glowing jellyfish and the delicate wrinkles of nature escalating into giant land moving earthquakes, everything is like an i-max penguin nature film. "Happy Feet" was a surprise hit in 2006, and honestly, I was very surprised. A movie about a...
Published on November 20, 2011 by Chris Kennison

5.0 out of 5 stars Leave Happy Feet Two Alone Conspiracy Followers, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Happy Feet Two (DVD)
To all those writing false negative reviews (yes, all 250+ one-star reviews here are fake, orchestrated by a conspiracy blogger named Mike Mozart), get your facts straight. The film was not produced by the MPAA or Warner. It's an Australian production that happens to be distributed by Warner. If you want to slam the MPAA, please do so elsewhere. Don't slam an otherwise highly enjoyable kids flick that, ironically enough, is about the balance of nature and the enduring strength of a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whats up with all the bad reviews?, March 13, 2012
Rented this movie simply because I thought there is no way that it is so bad it warranted over 200 one star reviews. I would watch it again. My husband and I both liked this movie (as far as little kid movies go), and all 3 of my kids loved this movie!
Mumble is grown up in this movie and now has a baby of his own. Songs and dancing galore! I plan on buying it now since my kids liked it. Still don't understand the hate against this movie,but whatever. Everyone has an opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very philosophically profound cartoon, March 3, 2012
This review is from: Happy Feet Two (DVD)
Honestly, I am a bit surprised by all the negative reviews. This cartoon is probably one of the most philosophically complex cartoons ever made. My kids and I loved it. The humor is sharp, and the themes are very deep. If you are looking for a dumb "Sponge Bob" type of entertainment, this is not the movie for you. If you are looking for a film that introduces complex and philosophical topics to your children every scene, this is a great film. My daughter, 11, and I had great discussions that were driven by this film. We talked about topics like "what makes a good leader", "popularity", "loneliness", "love", "feeling lost", "being part of the whole", etc. Yes, this cartoon is a bit too complex for most children.... but that is what parents are for. Its beautifully drawn, with excellent music, and it just may introduce philosophy to your child. Also, my 5 year old son loved it just for its entertaining scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Happy Feet Two [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I absolutely loved this movie and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Blu-ray. Visually stunning, with a fantastic story, characters, animation, and visual effects, this movie was enjoyable to watch and the music is absolutely wonderful.

If you loved the first movie you will definitely love the sequel. Might be a little slow for younger children but is sure to delight older kids and adults.

This movie was made in Australia and is a great example of the work that can be produced and the skill of industry professionals in this country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flick, ignore the trolls, March 13, 2012
This review is from: Happy Feet Two (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / UltraViolet Digital Copy) (Blu-ray)
There is one reason and one reason only for all the negative reviews, right wing trolls. For all I know it's just one guy who has spent several days doing this. If you click on "my other reviews" next to the negative reviews, almost all of them have never reviewed anything else. That is because that account was created for the SOLE reason of marking down Happy Feet Two. Why? Because of a very vague environmental message you really have to search for to even see. They're doing the same thing to The Lorax right now and that type of behavior is really dispicable.

Rest assured, Happy Feet Two is a great kid's movie. It's at least as good as the first one with Matt Damon and Brad Pitt adding a whole new dimension to the story and causing me to laugh out loud several times. The CGI is beautiful, the characters are fun and there's just as much singing and dancing as the first film. the 3D is also fantastic if you get that version.

4.0 out of 5 stars THESE REVIEWS ARE VERY STRANGE, February 19, 2012
SuperDealHunter (Heartland, America) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy Feet Two (DVD)
First let me say, I liked the original movie Happy Feet. Both of these movies were made for children. That means most of the people who view Happy Feet 2 are taking their children to see it.

This is basically a cartoon about a dancing penguin. What is causing all the ANGRY reviews about this movie? Nothing. I think these are FAKE reviews. These are not written as if coming from a parent. A parent would want to help other parents and tell them in more detail what was wrong with the movie. Almost ALL of the NEGATIVE reviews are strange and hostile in nature. They have such an extreme over-the-top message.

There are several RED flags to prove my statement. Almost ALL of these reviews use words like HATE, SUCK, DON'T BUY, etc. There are just too many copycat reviews. They actually seem like they were all written by the same person. One review was written that stated they did not like the FIRST Happy Feet. REALLY? Then WHY would they even be interested in going to see the sequel? One review said he wished he were deaf and blind. REALLY? Because of a children's animated movie? This is not a statement a "parent" or an intelligent person would make. Do not believe the negative reviews. I think they are bogus. Read the positive reviews and take from them what advice you need to decide about Happy Feet 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid at Heart, March 1, 2012
T. J. KUHNEN "Largeboy" (The Cleveland on the lake) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy Feet Two (DVD)
I saw this movie in an IMAX theater in 3-D and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm 58 and I went with my daughter, my 5 year old grandson, my fiancee and her 14 year old son. Everyone enjoyed it. I liked it better than the first one and I liked the first. I'm not sure what people are expecting but it is a great family movie. No cynics need see this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a cartoon!!!!, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Happy Feet Two (DVD)
If you are over age 13-this film was not designed for you. Very unfair to all the cast and crew who worked to make this family/children's film. It does NOT deserve such poor ratings. Sequels are rarely an improvement on the original but rather an extension. My kids loved it and I liked it as well. Not an Oscar winner yet I would buy it to keep the kids entertained. It was done well with good music and quirky new characters to keep it fresh. Now, Xanadu, that deserved a 1 star rating. See it for yourself and then decide. The kids like it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as great, but still good, March 13, 2012
C. M. McDowell (Jacksonville, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy Feet Two [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I dont know why people have reviewed this movie so low. I took my three year old to this in the theater and he loved it. While I do not think it is a good as the first movie, it is very cute and heartwarming. I was nervous they would not find someone to replace Brittney Murphy, or do her character's justice, however Pink stepped in and wowed me. She did great as Gloria. If you are the parent of a young child, or someone who enjoyed Happy Feet, at least give this one a chance. It is not as awesome as the first movie, however its still cute and worth watching. (maybe more so if you have kids)

5.0 out of 5 stars Whats wrong with feeling good?, March 13, 2012
Whats wrong with feeling good? This is a 'feel good' movie to it's roots, the music had me tapping foot in time with the beat, and the 'all over the place' plot added to the fun.

I don't understand the folks who gave this movie one star. Someone must have organized a 'hate in'.

I call this movie 'great fun for kids of all ages'!

Happy Feet Two (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / UltraViolet Digital Copy)
$34.57 $22.77