Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Happy Heinys Mini One Size 5-15 lb (Baby Pink)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 4, 2010
I am a first time mom and prior to delivery I planned to use cloth diapers exclusively. I stocked up on bumgenius 3.0 as they would be growable with my little one. What I didn't expect was to deliver a 5 lb 15 oz baby--all the diapers I had purchased were enormous!! I bought these Happy Heineys minis and so far they are working great. Definitely worth the price for a preemie sized baby.
on April 14, 2012
I bought a variety of diapers to use with my newborn (I began cloth diapering my first child at 9 months, so I had an idea of what I like but no tiny sized diapers). These are a great option to work from birth until the one size diapers of your choosing fit well (some claim they work from birth if you have a larger newborn, but can be quite bulky - I worry about the width of a one size diaper pushing a newborn's legs/hips too far apart). In fact, I regret getting so many XS or "newborn" diapers (I have BumGenius, FuzziBunz, Lil Joey, Swaddlebees Simplex, and Imse Vimse - of those, I would only buy the Swaddlebees Simplex again). If I had it all to do over again, I would buy more of these. They fit well from the beginning (my daughter was 7 pounds 2 ounces at her lightest). They were not as trim as the Lil Joeys, but they were not ridiculously bulky either, and they will fit for much, much longer. Additionally, they are the only newborn pocket I've tried that comes with two inserts, so you can double up for extra absorbency or pick the best fitting insert for the size setting you're using.

I deducted one star because if you fold the velcro over on itself as you're supposed to do for washing purposes, it will come undone in the wash (I have a front loader) and create diaper chains, possibly causing damage to other diapers. However, I discovered that if you take each wing, pull it behind the diaper, and fasten them to each other (you will need to twist one of them upside down), they will create a super strong bond and remain together in the wash. Still, that can be tricky if it's a messy diaper.

I have also tried the Blueberry Mini Deluxe One Size and Tiny Tush Elite Mini one size diapers. I like Happy Heinys Minis better than both of those for fit and ease of use (though the Blueberries are trimmer and come in more fun colors, so I'm glad to have those - the Tiny Tush are a strange fit and come with a thin insert you must tri-fold yourself, so I don't recommend those at all).

Overall, these are a great way to have the right fit for a newborn with the added bonus of more adjustability.
on September 15, 2012
Would anyone have any input on whether or not you could just put on a prefold with snappis and use this as a cover rather than a traditional pocket diaper? I would prefer to use snappis. They look like really great diapers! Definitely better than the Thirsties size xs as these are less bulky. I've seen them on my friend's baby and they really are trimmer.