Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Happy Herbivore Light & Lean: Over 150 Low-Calorie Recipes with Workout Plans for Looking and Feeling Great Paperback – December 3, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rip Esselstyn New York Times bestselling author of My Beef with Meat
"Lindsay Nixon now is a household name in developing cookbooks that have the kind of recipes...that are healthful, tasty, and easy to prepare. Here's another that you need for your collection."
T. Colin Campbell, coauthor of The China Study and the New York Times bestselling Whole, and Karen Campbell
"Happy Herbivore Light & Lean provides inventive, easy-to-make recipes and sensible do-it-yourself exercises, to get you on the road to excellent health.”
Brian Wendel, executive producer, Forks Over Knives
No comment can truly capture the totality of Lindsay’s magic in the kitchen! Once again, in Happy Herbivore Light & Lean, she creatively proves that plant-based eating is not only delicious but also low-calorie and so satisfying.”
Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D., author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, and Ann Crile Esselstyn
Happy Herbivore Light & Lean is a wonderful book full of simple, delicious meals to get you started on a healthy vegan diet. Lindsay not only provides a wealth of creative plant-based recipes but also gives great tips to help you lose weight, gain energy, and feel fantastic. I invite everyone to read this excellent new book and get started on your journey to health.”
Neal Barnard, M.D., Founder and President of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
"I am thrilled to discover in her new cookbook what many of you have known for a while that girl can cook!"
Del Sroufe, author of Better Than Vegan and Forks Over Knives The Cookbook
Lindsay Nixon has done it again! Another fantastic cookbook filled with easy, delicious, low-fat vegan recipes that everyone will love."
John and Mary McDougall, bestselling authors and founders of the McDougall Program
About the Author
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Things I love in general about this book:
* Lindsay has a very positive, relatable writing style. It's like talking to a friend.
* The look of the book is very bright and clean, with great graphics and color and tons of high quality photos. It is a very pretty cookbook.
* All the recipes have calorie counts, nutritional details, and WW points if you need them.
* I LOVE LOVE LOVE the part at the beginning where she lists which recipes are in certain calorie ranges. You can see this on the Amazon preview. It is nice because you can do your own meal planning! If you know you want a certain calorie target, you can pick things from each category to make your meal plans.
* I love the recipe categories: breakfasts, baked goods, bowls and wraps (great section!), soups/stews, pastas, burgers, sandwiches/tacos, snacks, and desserts.
* New snack category is awesome! I can't wait to tuck into these recipes. For appetizers, this is perfect.
* I love the drink section. Some warm drinks, some cool, some cocktails. It's a nice touch from HHA and I hope it continues.
* The Lean section is a great touch. The exercises are well thought out and photographed, and provide inspiration and several great ideas for how to incorporate exercise into your daily life.Read more ›
My only criticism would be that I would prefer the recipe instructions be in a bulleted format rather than paragraph form, to make it easier to follow along.
Otherwise, great job Lindsay and congrats on all your success!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great book, love the recipes, this would make a nice gift for anyone trying to eat right and still eat yummy dishes.Published 14 days ago by S. Weil
Only use about 10 recipes but I still think the book was worth it simply for those. Interesting ideas for a budding vegetarianPublished 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
Most recipes look interesting to me a,though there are a few that I know I won't be trying. These are no oil recipes, which definitely takes some getting used to but they are... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Princess
Love this book. Her books are fast becoming my go to for dinner ideas. Even if you aren't a vegan, these recipes are easy, fast and good.Published 2 months ago by Bunches McGuinty
Love, love, love this book and feel so fabulous being plant based. Try it for a month and you will have a calm, lighter.body with lots of energy!Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
All Lindsay's books are great. Been a fan/follower of hers for years.Published 3 months ago by JoAnne Gill