5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Boynton Book
We just got this board book for our 19 month old daughter. She loves it! I've probably read it 8 times already and she's still willing to hear it again. Odds are this will be one of her favorites.
Published on June 4, 2011 by TSK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great for Teaching Feelings
Published on July 4, 2012 by sjack

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Boynton Book, June 4, 2011
TSK "1st Time Mom" (Salem, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy Hippo, Angry Duck: A Book of Moods (Boynton on Board) (Board book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Boynton Hit!, January 2, 2012
Another great book from Sandra Boynton. We own all of Boynton's books and this is one of the best. New topic, great flow and funny ending. The favorites in our house are Moo, Baa, La La La, Belly Button Book, Pajama Time, The Going to Bed Book, Blue Hat, Green Hat and Doggies. Perfect for toddlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK...and others, April 2, 2012
Sandra Boynton books in general are BRILLIANT for young children.
There are a few that I don't find as 'fun' as others, but this one is GREAT. It's a silly book about emotions, and it's so fun to read.
Its bound to make even the moodiest person laugh :)

Other Sandra Boynton books that are favorites of mine are:

But Not the Hippopotamus
Hippos Go Beserk
The Going to Bed Book
Moo Baa, La La La
Horns to Toes and in between

Her books are short, but catchy with rhyming words and silly pictures. They're easy to keep young kids attention spans, and as a mom, I thoroughly enjoy reading them. Some of them still crack me up every time I read them :)
They're worth the money in my opinion (if you pick the right ones) and being board books, they hold up pretty well in little, busy hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun............., June 11, 2011
Nathaniel's Nana (Boston Massachusetts United States) - See all my reviews
This book was bought for my grandson by his great aunt, he at two years old is trying to become a reader he loves books especially Sandra Boynton Books so when this book came to our door my grandson squealed with excitement . he loves it and repeats all of the feelings in the book and the pages are colorful and vivid. I would recommend this book to everyone with small children. the delivery came fast and there were no problems with anything. Dianne

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, July 18, 2011
5 stars! I bought this for a 2 year old when he became a big brother. It game him a way to identify the emotions that come along with a new situation, and the adults too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy... to Love this book., August 27, 2011
This is a great board book! We got this for my 2 year old daughter. (She loves hippos.)

The size is perfect for little hands to open & turn pages independently.
It is very colorful with adorable drawings.
The words/ phrases do rhyme, but in a cute childlike wonder...
--- such as Excited as a dog ... Contented as a frog.
I love that it announces the mood and draws the mood to really reinforce it & visualize it for her.
I also love that it says moods change day to day.

Overall this is an adorable board book ... that won't have them bored. It opens lots of doors for conversations on moods and helps to teach them how to express themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars understanding moods, February 19, 2014
This book is a wonderful tool for understanding moods that children might find confusing. Giving parents and children a reading time experience with dialogue is an excellent first step in the child's understanding of self.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, September 15, 2011
This is by far my favorite one of these books, it's just too cute and my son wanted me to read it to him over and over!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great for Teaching Feelings, July 4, 2012
Our family is usually a fan of Sandra Boynton, but feelings are a tough topic. The book includes Boynton's usual fun and silly approach and good facial expressions on the animals. What's missing is any representation of what might be making the animal sad, or mad, etc, which makes discussion a little abstract for young kids. I've seen other books at the same reading level that do a better jobs of this - so if you are looking to teach or start a conversation with your kids about feelings skip this one and look elsewhere. If you just like Boynton, this is still cute.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book made me a Boynton believer, March 23, 2012
Suzie Q (Palo Alto, CA) - See all my reviews
I LOVE this book. I actually bought it at Marshall's on deep discount and liked it so much I went online and bought a bunch of other Boynton books. I think it's very important to identify and talk about the emotions we're feeling to develop a sense of self-awareness and self-regulation.. I constantly find myself greeting my daughter with the phrase, "Hello Little Person! How are you today? Are you feeling quite terrific, or only OK?" Our family also has begun referring to each other as happy hippos, angry ducks, 'frazzled things', and grumpy moose. It's so catchy, impossible not to memorize, and my 10 month old daughter seems to enjoy it more than other books (probably because of the expressive animal pictures). I think we'll be reading this one for a long time, and it's fun for adults, too.

Happy Hippo, Angry Duck: A Book of Moods (Boynton on Board)
Happy Hippo, Angry Duck: A Book of Moods (Boynton on Board) by Sandra Boynton (Board book - May 24, 2011)
$5.99 $3.30