5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite food!
Published on February 6, 2011 by Gabriel C

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars Broccoli?
I feel mislead by the name of this product as the ingredient list on the package lists pears first then peas and then broccoli. When I tasted it myself I realized why my daughter was enjoying it so much, it just tasted like sweet pears. If a product is going to claim to be healthy and organic it should know it's customers are not afraid to give their kids vegetables.
Published on February 22, 2012 by TheOC

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite food!, February 6, 2011
This review is from: Happy Baby Organic Baby Food 2 Simple Combos, Broccoli Peas & Pear, 3.5 Ounce (Pack of 16) (Grocery)
Our son is 6 months old. This was his first mix of foods after he's had his first foods an ingredient at a time...You should see how he opens his mouth big like he's about to swallow me whole every single time I bring one of these to him and am about to open it. It is so convenient, too...because when we are out at the park or after a doctor's appointment and he's hungry, I can just take one of these out of the diaper bag and squeeze it into the spoon for him to eat it. Also, when he only has half of it, we put the rest in the fridge and then in the evening we heat it up in a bowl of hot water. It's also great that we never actually touch the food w/ the spoon, so no bacteria goes into the pouch...We love it...We really have no negatives about it...I'm about to order a new batch now as we're vising some friends in TX next week and we need to grab food for the plane and also for the trip. These are great because they're not as heavy as the jars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broccoli?, February 22, 2012

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 9:00:27 AM PDT
Hi there,

Thanks so much for posting. While many of our pouches do contain fruit as their first ingredient, this is largely for food safety reasons as it helps to lower the pH of the puree. We have recently introduced new lines of vegetable-only and vegetable and grain pouches (that are produced using a different cooking process to ensure food safety), so you have plenty more options available to introduce veggies to your little one!

5.0 out of 5 stars OVERPRICED, September 5, 2010
Great product, but I pay 75 cents per pouch at our local grocery store. Here they are selling for over 2 dollars a pouch. I was hoping to put a few cases on monthly shipment but given the price I will keep buying them at the grocery store!

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good but VERY watery, December 3, 2010
All of the Happy Baby Stage 2 Foods I have ordered have had an excellent flavor, but the puree is a very watery consistency that requires me to mix in cereal just so it holds onto the spoon long enough to make it to my daughters mouth. If your baby is past basic introductions where you water it down to a soupy consistency I would try another brand or the next stage or two up. Very disappointed because the flavor is great.

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 8:07:32 AM PDT
Hi there,

Thanks so much for posting. We're sorry to hear about your experience with our Happy Baby pouches. The thickness of our purees can vary from crop to crop, and unfortunately, certain crops can be more watery than others, causing some pouches to be quite runny. Our apologies. While we do attempt to add pectin to thicken the purees, we can only add a limited amount, as this is an organic product and there are very strict rules regarding ingredients. You can rest assured that there are absolutely no food safety concerns with these pouches, just a different texture.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at parents@happyfamilybrands.com.

1.0 out of 5 stars PRODUCT HAD MOLD, May 5, 2013
Wish I could post a photo here... We had a pouch with a fatty like blob in the pear, broccoli and pea flavor. I reported directly to the company, amazon and FDA. I gave some time without reviewing but I have no reason to hold back this report. Our quality and standards in the food industry are deeply disheartening. I have stopped purchasing all products from this company -- along with anything else that I can not see through packaging.

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 9:45:20 AM PDT
Hi there,

Thank you so much for posting. Our sincere apologies for your experience with our Happy Baby pouches.

To update customers on this review (as of June 2013):
After collecting and analysing this sample, we suspect that it was highly likely that a packaging failure occurred, leading to spoilage, as we were able to assess a second sample from this customer and no similar results were identified. As a note, we have not heard of any similar complaints on this product and/or production lot.

After hearing from this customer, we worked diligently to immediately complete an investigation and shared all test results with this customer. Please do not hesitate to be in touch with us at parents@happyfamilybrands.com with any additional questions or concerns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, July 29, 2010
I have bought Happybaby products in the past and love them all!! I was so bummed when their other pouches went off the market! So glad they are back! I love that they have some with veggies in with the fruit, they are the only kind i buy. I have them everywhere!! My son loves them and so do I! They are great for vacation when you can't control meals quite as much as home i know he is still getting some better foods in his diet. My son is now 2 and i don't see an end to him enjoying these! I would like some more flavors with veggies in them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delish!, January 29, 2011
J. Coles (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
We love these. They are absolutely delicious and the handy pouch is convenient for sipping on the go. A previous reviewer indicated the puree is a bit thin for a spoon and I agree with that. However, it doesn't bother me because if your diaper bag space is at a premium, like mine, you can forget the spoon and just sip from the pouch. My 7 month old has no problem doing this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Our Favorite Happy Baby Flavor, July 31, 2012
birdstorebird (Bay Area, SF USA) - See all my reviews
We have tried almost all of the Happy Baby flavors and I can honestly say that this one is my daughter's favorite flavor of this brand. I only wish that the package was slightly larger as she is able to finish it in a few moments and sometimes wants a second!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great on-the-go meal, July 18, 2011
I am a mom of 3 kids. My youngest is always on the go as we take her older siblings to their sports practices and games. I was so happy to find a non-breakable, organic, BPA free food for her. I keep these in her diaper bag so when she is hungry, she always has a healthy meal. She likes them all but her top two are spinach/mango/pear and sweet potato/apple! I love that they combine fruits, veggies and super grains!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste and package!, February 15, 2011
This is the easiest and fastest way to get my son to eat his fruits and veggies. He is 1 and can feed this to himself...great for on the go, in the car, etc. He sucks it right down, no mess and eco friendly :)