Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on March 6, 2011
Lives up to the rest of the George books. Best of all the Valentines books I purchased this year. Good for a variety of ages 2, 5 and 7 all like it. Very cute.
0Comment28 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2011
Nice Valentine's Day book. I'm a preschool teacher, and the 2-year-olds in my class loved this book. I let them take turns flipping the flaps. We had a ball! I recommend this book.
on February 14, 2011
My son is older and has autism. Curious George is actually one of the few things that makes him a bit verbal and gets him to react.
on June 28, 2013
The color-pencil illustrations and harmless monkey mischief are just what you expect from a Curious George book, but be aware that the "story" here is only marginally related to Valentine's Day. V-Day is mentioned once at the beginning, and after that it's just George monkeying around.

Curious George's other holiday books -- Merry Christmas, Curious George,Happy Easter, Curious George,Happy Halloween, Curious George ,Happy Thanksgiving, Curious George  -- all involve their respective holidays much more closely in the story. To the extent that the actual theme of the book matters to you, consider that in your purchase. Otherwise, this a perfectly fine book for younger kids, who particularly enjoy the lift-the-flat element.
on February 6, 2013
my grandson loves Curious George!

this is an excellent book
one part has children decorating Valentine cookies
so to connect the book with an activity
i had my grandson and granddaughters decorate Valentine cookies too
this is a wonderful book
on March 30, 2012
A very engaging, fun book for children under 6 years old. The little monkey is innocently making mischief, and the child who is being read to feels like he's older and wiser than Curious George.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 11, 2014
‘Happy Valentine's Day, Curious George’ written by N. Di Angelo and nicely illustrated by Mary O'Keefe Young is a charming story about favorite day of the year for lovers in which this year Curious George and his friends participate doing all kinds of funny things associated with the celebration of this special day.

On the beginning of story George is inviting all of his friends to a Valentine Day party. They will make Valentine’s, decorate George’s house with balloons and make all kinds of cookies. The Man with the Yellow Hat, one of George’s friends, will enter the room with a big box and due to his insatiable curiosity, George will turn the box into a nice looking box to hold the Valentine's from his friend.
George was a bit tired so he will go into the box, and none of his friends could find him. But eventually Yellow Hat Man will open up the box and our curious hero will pop up…

Besides offering usual good amount of fun when Curious George is around, ‘Happy Valentine's Day, Curious George’ have nicely designed lift-the-flaps that reveal other parts of the story. On the other hand, the book is a bit shorter than some previous Curious George but that lack is successfully compensated with its entertainment content.

Therefore ‘Happy Valentine's Day, Curious George’ can be fully recommended in these days just before Valentine's Day if you are looking for a nice gift for the little fan of Curious George. But even after this special day will be behind us, the kids will equally enjoy this funny and well-made interactive picture book.
on April 11, 2013
I wanted to use this in a classroom but the physical size of the book is more "sit in my lap" - not "class, give me your attention."
Also, the story/plot is basically non-existent. Not charming like the original Rey classics. Just some Rey illustrations superimposed on a story that is "eh" at best.
on February 10, 2013
I collect Curious George books and have many old ones. That said I wasn't sure how I would feel about the remaking of this classic. It is difficult to bring a beloved classic character back and still have the character be just as lovable as he was in the original books. Well after buying the book I am so impressed!

After reviewing this book I can't wait til my niece comes over to do the activities in this book. I have a nostalgic feeling when I read through this book as I reminisce on the many, many times my mother read Curious George books to me at night when I was a small child.

This a great Valentines day gift. The quality of the book plus all the activities makes this a really great buy. I think Curious George will continue to delight children for years to come.
on March 6, 2012
I wanted to get my 18 month old daughter a book for valentine's day. She loves Curious George so this one was perfect. The open up flaps really excite her. She loves this book, and I love the sturdy pages and cute pictures.

Update: My 2 and a half year old STILL loves this book. It is a staple at our house, even when it isn't valentines. She loves opening the flaps... on most pages she can even tell you what it says under the flaps. And the pictures are colorful and very interesting for her. She is always pointing and things and asking about particular parts of pictures. In my opinion this is a definite Valentine's gift for a toddler!