5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Valentine's Day Mouse
I bought this for my inquisitive three year old. We both really enjoyed it.
Published on February 20, 2010 by R. Grina

2.0 out of 5 stars Valentine Mouse - not up to par
This book fell short of my expectations. The story is overly simplistic, with barely one sentence per page. Cute if it's your first "Mouse" book, but I think you will be disappointed otherwise.
Published on March 11, 2010 by kml

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Valentine's Day Mouse, February 20, 2010
This review is from: Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! (If You Give...) (Board book)
I bought this for my inquisitive three year old. We both really enjoyed it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Valentine Mouse - not up to par, March 11, 2010
kml (Wisconsin) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Baby Book!, April 5, 2012
I am really surprised at how many negative reviews there are for this book. This is not in the same line of books as the "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" one by the same author, despite having the same character. These are geared for babies and young toddlers. (Hence the BOARD book, as another reviewer commented. Board books are not typically intended for older children.)

My daughter loves this book and laughs every time you open it to the "Who's at the door?" page.

These are great books for babies.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what you would expect from the author, February 11, 2011
S. Wilcox "swx" (Scottsdale, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
I bought the book based on the fact that it was advertised as coming from the series "if you give..." but when I read it to my daughter it wasn't anything like it at all. Yes it has the same author and the same illustrator but I felt it was purely a way to make money. If you're buying it as purely a valentines book then you're fine but if you're buying it because you love the range of books then save your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect book for little children, September 9, 2010
Jennifer A. Cianci (Collegeville, PA, USA) - See all my reviews
This was bought as a gift, but young children really love these books. They are not too long and have really great themes throught the books that draws kids attention.

1.0 out of 5 stars Super Bummed!, February 9, 2012
As a child, "If you give a mouse a cookie" was hands down my favorite book! I have the collection of stories for my little one and when I saw this book, I had to have it for Valentine's Day for her.

Im sorry, but this story is stupid. It does not follow the typical theme of "If you..." books, which was the only reason I purchased this one. To the authors defense, "If you..." isnt part of the title, it was just an assumption I made that it was another one of those books. I definitely judged this book by its cover (the mouse made me think it was just a Valentine's Day version of the cookie story). I was also disappointed how the book abruptly ended. However, illustrations are cute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Preschool Board Book, March 11, 2010
Length:: 1:18 Mins

Sunni reviews this colorful Valentine's Day board book. Mouse from the book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, is making valentines for all of his friends. He takes the time to make each one special for that friend. It's a great book for the preschool age set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poorly written, April 13, 2011
Very disappointed. No where near the quality of the other titles by this author. Highly dicourage anyone from buying this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars No storyline. Waste of Money, February 22, 2013
Bought this book for my daughters for Valentines Day. The book is not what I expected. Mouse starts off making valentines (what I expected), but then goes on to tell why he loves pig, moose, cat, dog, bunny & fox. That is it. No storyline. Waste of money. I bought another book "Everyone Needs a Hug" by Sophie Piper and gave that to them too. I expected Mouse Valentines to be the better book, but was sadly disappointed. I would not recommend it. Save your money or buy the HUG book instead. It at least had a point.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's a reason....., May 20, 2014
....That these books are so popular- whether it's an adult reading it to their child or the child is old enough to read it themselves- the "story" is entertaining, humorous and the illustrations are cute. From "When You Give A Mouse A Cookie"- ( one of Ms Numeroff's first publications that we started with) to the many numerous other books she has written and which now include Holiday themes-- You can't go wrong. This "Valentine" one is for my adult "child" to add to the collection. I now have to buy more for my young grandkids cause that "adult" child refuses to give them up! Oh, yeah- the books have lessons in "sharing" too!

Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! (If You Give...)
Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! (If You Give...) by Laura Joffe Numeroff (Board book - November 24, 2009)
$6.99 $3.23