Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: Board book|Change

on April 5, 2012
I am really surprised at how many negative reviews there are for this book. This is not in the same line of books as the "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" one by the same author, despite having the same character. These are geared for babies and young toddlers. (Hence the BOARD book, as another reviewer commented. Board books are not typically intended for older children.)

My daughter loves this book and laughs every time you open it to the "Who's at the door?" page.

These are great books for babies.
on January 25, 2015
Very simplistic storytelling with charming illustrations about a creative mouse making various Valentines for his closest animal friends and each page describing what he sees in them with the final page having all his friends visiting him before he has a chance to deliver them. Nice hardcover with very thick page boards for a thoughtful Valentine gift.
on June 10, 2015
My daughter loves the Give a mouse a cookie book, but this one is horrible...literally, "happy valentines pig, happy valentines giraffe, happy valentines fox, the end."
on March 11, 2010
This book fell short of my expectations. The story is overly simplistic, with barely one sentence per page. Cute if it's your first "Mouse" book, but I think you will be disappointed otherwise.
on February 20, 2010
I bought this for my inquisitive three year old. We both really enjoyed it.
on September 9, 2010
This was bought as a gift, but young children really love these books. They are not too long and have really great themes throught the books that draws kids attention.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 2, 2015
‘Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!' written by Laura Numeroff and nicely illustrated by Felicia Bond brings a humorous story about very special celebration of Valentine’s Day in which leading characters are cute Mouse and his friends.

Given that I did not read previous successful title ‘If You Give a Mouse a Cookie’ I cannot compare but for very youngest readers this book certainly will be fun and appealing providing many situations for good laugh.

It's Valentine's Day and our hero Mouse is planning to celebrate it with all of his friends. Therefore he is going to create a valentine for each of his many friends – cat, pig, fox, moose, dog and bunny - probably known characters from previous book. Mouse in the end of story will be surprised by his friends who are coming in for a party with a warm presents…

As previously written this book is intended for the youngest kids, therefore text is short and easy to understand, providing children the opportunity to easily recognize the characters which obviously appeared in other books of Mouse series.

Therefore ‘Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!' can be fully recommended for these days just before Valentine's Day if you want to play through reading with your young reader, trying to show what Valentine’s Day is. But even after this special day for lovers will be behind us, children will enjoy this humorous picture book.
on April 24, 2016
This is a very cute board book for babies and toddlers. I am a mom of two toddlers; a 4-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter. They both enjoy reading this book with me. The writing is simplistic so that it is easy for young children to understand. Mouse makes valentines for all his friends; he makes each of his friends a special personalized card based on what they like. In addition to being a nice quick read for my toddlers, this book also helped motivate them (especially my son) to want to make valentines.
on February 22, 2014
I work with preschoolers and wanted a simple book that I could use for Valentine's day. This is it! It is simple and not too wordy….their attentions are short :) I like that the mouse makes valentines for his animal friends. That made it simple for me to find some toy animals to use with the story to make it even more interesting for the children. Of course, we followed up the story with some making of our own Valentines. The book arrived quickly and was in 'new' condition, as described.
on February 26, 2016
The illustrations are cute and my kid loved it but here's what I do not love: it clearly says on most of the pages that Mouse loves each of his or her friends because of something that friend *does*. "Mouse loves Moose because he's such a good artist" "Mouse loves cat because he's so strong" etc. It really grates on me and it's not the lesson I want to teach my son about why we love our friends.