Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 21, 2013
This product is meant to be used on PC. I tried to transfer data from my old Xbox hard drive to the new one using an Xbox 360 slim. I did not receive any pop-up message when I connected the transfer cable. Thus, I had no way of transferring data to my new hard drive. Just to be sure, I went to the xbox storage menu (system). The transfer cable showed up as a usb (no id or text beside it, just a picture of a grey usb). The only way to get it to work was to configure the device as a compatible xbox 360 usb using the "Configure Now" option. DON'T DO THIS, IT WILL FORMAT YOUR HARD DRIVE LEAVING YOU WITH AN UNDETECTABLE HARD DRIVE. THE HARD DRIVE WILL NO LONGER WORK AS AN OFFICIAL XBOX 360 HARD DRIVE. IT WILL ONLY BE DETECTED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS TRANSFER CABLE. THIS WILL ONLY GIVE YOU UP TO 32GB OF STORAGE WHEN YOU COULD HAVE UP TO 320GB INSTEAD. Although this device isn't meant to be used as a transfer cable on an xbox 360, you can use this cable to connect internal laptop hard drives (2.5 inch drives)externally. Basically, you can use an old internal hard drive as an external portable hard drive. Just format your old drive and it will show up like any other external WD HDD. Overall, this product will not transfer data between hard drives on your xbox. But the product is good at completing other tasks. There might be a way to transfer data between hard drives using a third party program like Xplorer 360 (its free). You will need a specific Xplorer 360 application for your hard drive. There is an Xplorer 360 320gb version along with 20gb, 60gb, 120gb, and 250gb versions. I would need Xplorer360 320GB edition for my 320GB (not an official microsoft product) hard drive. I haven't tried this method but I believe it could work. Its too late for me to try this method because I already used the "Configure Now" option on my 320GB hard drive. After formating my useless drive on my PC using the transfer cable, my 320GB drive is just another internal/external drive that can't be used on an xbox. Btw, I tried HDDHACKR. Its not compatible with my Samsung/Seagate hard drive because HDDHACKR only supports WD HDDs (mostly Scorpio versions). After a few hours of browsing and searching, I couldn't find a solution to fix my hard drive. There isn't a safe and effective way of hacking a Samsung/Seagate hard drive to work on an xbox 360/xbox 360 slim. I know i went off topic but I just wanted to warn you and let you know about what problems you might have encountered. Sorry for the long review, I hope I helped or prevented something... :)
on March 22, 2015
I bought Xbox 360 500GB Special Edition Blue Console Bundle
500GB
I have and old Xbox slim 250GB
The 250 is full, so I want to transfer everything from the old xbox to the new one
It seems simple.
Turn on the Blue Xbox with the 500GB drive.
Plug the old (full) 250GB drive into This transfer cable
The 250GB shows up as a blank harddrive
I Insert the 250GB drive into the new Xbox, and everything is there
So I figure I'll do it this way: I put the 250 in the blue xbox, and hook the 500gb to the transfer cable.
It asks me if I want to format the 500 so the xbox can read it.
I say YES.
My 500gb drive is now a 38MB drive.

After checking around. I found out that THIS cable is why.
When I plugged it into my XBox, I did not get the "Transfer Cable Detected" Pop up window.
I should have known from there, that something was wrong.
There is no fixing the Hard drive now. When inserted into the Blue Xbox, it does not detect it, unless it is run through the USB transfer cable.
on July 29, 2015
This did exactly what I needed, and I transferred saved game files from my original Xbox to an Xbox360. Getting the files off the Xbox might be difficult (mine was running XBMC and therefore had an FTP server), but if you can manage that, this thing will be just what you need. If you can't handle that kind of hacking, don't bother. If you're afraid of mount points or hot-swapping PATA connectors, this isn't for you. The included software (on a mini CD) was pretty hokey and the kind of thing that can be downloaded from the interwebs, but it actually worked just as described. I'm not concerned about the build quality, since I'll probably not use it again, but it's in a drawer just in case.
on February 16, 2015
Update on review: I initially used the cable to hook a drive up to the pc so I could install partition 2 on an aftermarket hdd. Worked like a charm. I just recently used it to transfer files from an old drive to a new drive via the xbox 360. I works great for both methods. If you want to use an old 360 drive, you just need to simply unscrew the casing and hook the cable to the "naked" drive. It can also be used for standard pc hard drives to explore, repair sector damage, external storage, etc. I would highly recommend this cable. A great tool to have in your "tool box"!
on April 20, 2015
I bought this to try to restore a failed xBox 360 Slim drive. This allowed me to access the drive, although it was damaged beyond what my budget wanted to spend (I was told a drive recovery specialist MIGHT be able to access my files, but the usual tools all failed). Aside from the drive being junk, this product did it's job and for the price I can't complain!
on December 27, 2014
I had a 500gb harddrrive for my xbox 360 slim this product turn it into a 32gb usb drive when pull in with this device now when i put my use to be 500gb hd into my xbox slim it dont even show in storage do anybody know how you reverse this process...
on July 29, 2014
HATE IT, do not buy it will litterally ruin your 360
on December 20, 2013
When I got it, I thought it was an ordinary transfer cable that I was looking for. It turned out to be more of a USB modding device which didn't mention at all to me and wasted my time looking for and get my hopes up.
on June 22, 2015
This nifty little cable came in handy when I needed to format a new 3rd party 320gb hard drive I bought. Now I can play original xbox games as well as save/install 360 games without having to pay the bloated price of an official Xbox 360 hard drive!

The only downside is the cable/program doesnt recognize and hard drives over 320gb. So I do not recommend this if you are thinking of getting a 500gb hard drive.
on June 18, 2014
this thing is terrible. i bought a 500gb for my slim and when i get the cable the hard drive doesn't appear when its pluged in with the cable. (just a usb and configure it into a 32 usb. which its not) so i tried putting the hard drive in the sata port inside the xbox and does not detect the new hard drive at all. ( thats the hard drive problem) so then i put my old slim hard drive on the cable to see if it recognized it as a hard drive via the cable. no it said the same thing. but i didn't configure or anything. popped my old HDD back in the sata port. now its unrecognizable. and i'm sure my hard drive was wiped too because i plugged into my PC and it said about 236gb were free when that thing was basically full.... id return this but its not even worth it. i am unbelievably pissed that my years of saves dlc and games are all gone now I still cant believe it. hope everyone reads this because it doesn't transfer like it should through the xbox. its for modding and other stuff via pc. Very unsatisfied