4.0 out of 5 stars Good but the title is misleading
Published 12 months ago by Ahmed Rashid

1.0 out of 5 stars Details isn't accurate
When I got it, I thought it was an ordinary transfer cable that I was looking for. It turned out to be more of a USB modding device which didn't mention at all to me and wasted my time looking for and get my hopes up.
Published 7 months ago by Alfredo Canul

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but the title is misleading, July 21, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HDE USB Hard Disk Data Transfer Cable for Xbox 360 Slim (Video Game)
This product is meant to be used on PC. I tried to transfer data from my old Xbox hard drive to the new one using an Xbox 360 slim. I did not receive any pop-up message when I connected the transfer cable. Thus, I had no way of transferring data to my new hard drive. Just to be sure, I went to the xbox storage menu (system). The transfer cable showed up as a usb (no id or text beside it, just a picture of a grey usb). The only way to get it to work was to configure the device as a compatible xbox 360 usb using the "Configure Now" option. DON'T DO THIS, IT WILL FORMAT YOUR HARD DRIVE LEAVING YOU WITH AN UNDETECTABLE HARD DRIVE. THE HARD DRIVE WILL NO LONGER WORK AS AN OFFICIAL XBOX 360 HARD DRIVE. IT WILL ONLY BE DETECTED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS TRANSFER CABLE. THIS WILL ONLY GIVE YOU UP TO 32GB OF STORAGE WHEN YOU COULD HAVE UP TO 320GB INSTEAD. Although this device isn't meant to be used as a transfer cable on an xbox 360, you can use this cable to connect internal laptop hard drives (2.5 inch drives)externally. Basically, you can use an old internal hard drive as an external portable hard drive. Just format your old drive and it will show up like any other external WD HDD. Overall, this product will not transfer data between hard drives on your xbox. But the product is good at completing other tasks. There might be a way to transfer data between hard drives using a third party program like Xplorer 360 (its free). You will need a specific Xplorer 360 application for your hard drive. There is an Xplorer 360 320gb version along with 20gb, 60gb, 120gb, and 250gb versions. I would need Xplorer360 320GB edition for my 320GB (not an official microsoft product) hard drive. I haven't tried this method but I believe it could work. Its too late for me to try this method because I already used the "Configure Now" option on my 320GB hard drive. After formating my useless drive on my PC using the transfer cable, my 320GB drive is just another internal/external drive that can't be used on an xbox. Btw, I tried HDDHACKR. Its not compatible with my Samsung/Seagate hard drive because HDDHACKR only supports WD HDDs (mostly Scorpio versions). After a few hours of browsing and searching, I couldn't find a solution to fix my hard drive. There isn't a safe and effective way of hacking a Samsung/Seagate hard drive to work on an xbox 360/xbox 360 slim. I know i went off topic but I just wanted to warn you and let you know about what problems you might have encountered. Sorry for the long review, I hope I helped or prevented something... :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Details isn't accurate, December 20, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars extremely mad wiped my hard drive i had for 7 years of dlc saves and games, June 18, 2014
this thing is terrible. i bought a 500gb for my slim and when i get the cable the hard drive doesn't appear when its pluged in with the cable. (just a usb and configure it into a 32 usb. which its not) so i tried putting the hard drive in the sata port inside the xbox and does not detect the new hard drive at all. ( thats the hard drive problem) so then i put my old slim hard drive on the cable to see if it recognized it as a hard drive via the cable. no it said the same thing. but i didn't configure or anything. popped my old HDD back in the sata port. now its unrecognizable. and i'm sure my hard drive was wiped too because i plugged into my PC and it said about 236gb were free when that thing was basically full.... id return this but its not even worth it. i am unbelievably pissed that my years of saves dlc and games are all gone now I still cant believe it. hope everyone reads this because it doesn't transfer like it should through the xbox. its for modding and other stuff via pc. Very unsatisfied

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it is supposed to do, February 7, 2014
allows data transfer between the 3rd party xbox360 slim hard drive and your pc. I used this to restore a partition allowing me to play original xbox games.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 7, 2014
Ronald Kanady (Gloucester City,NJ USA) - See all my reviews
think someone else got my credit card

5.0 out of 5 stars not game!!!!, March 24, 2014
Transfer cable and software. Have not had the pleasure yet. But if it is like HDEs other equipment I have bought from them. It will work great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very much worth the money!, March 17, 2013
Works for all hard drives xbox 360 and computer hard drives. I haven't found any problems with this data transfer cable.

HDE USB Hard Disk Data Transfer Cable for Xbox 360 Slim