Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Generic HDD Hard Drive Disk Kit FOR XBOX 360 Internal Slim Black (500GB Slim)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 13, 2015
The product was clearly labeled as new. It does not work, at all! The Xbox 360s didn't recognize. I opened the top of the case to reveal that the drive is a RECERTIFIED USED DRIVE!!! Going to demand a refund!
review image
on December 7, 2014
Great protection of the hard drive. However, when we opened the package, we found that the cover of the hard drive is not properly sealed as it should be (as shown in the uploaded picture). After tried hard to fix this problem, it is OK to use. It should be five stars, but now I can only give it three.
review image
on May 19, 2014
I bought the 500gb drive from E-Rainbow and after one month of use it started clicking and giving me a red light and an error screen, E 68. Got a few of my saves off of it but it's done for, I've lost so much data. Some of the 1 star reviews say these are refurbished hard drives and don't last very long, I wish I had done more research before buying this. I've contacted the company about a refund.

Original review: Only started using this today but it recognized it and works perfectly, but I will update if I ever have any problems with it. Also, I've noticed other reviews complaining that their 320gb hard drives have missing storage and only came with 297gb or so free; well, that is the case with ALL hard drives, be it Xbox or computer, and these are no different. If I remember correctly it's because they're advertising the number of gigabits rather than gigabytes, but I'm not certain. Just wanted to reassure anyone who's thinking of buying one and is worried by those reviews.
55 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Instead of a full review I'll just answer some basic questions people might have about this item:

►No, it's not an official hard drive from Microsoft.

►Yes, it still works just fine for Xbox 360 games.

►Yes, it fits in the Xbox 360 Slim without any problems.

►No, it does not allow you to play backwards-compatible original Xbox games as shipped. It required me to use software to install Partition 2, after which it worked fine for backwards compatibility. The way to do this is outlined in other reviews, and you can learn more by checking online videos and doing a web search for instructions. If you never plan to play old Xbox games, then you don't need to do this. It plays all regular Xbox 360 games right out of the box.

►Yes, it ships in a nice (knock-off) retail box, but it's not the original Xbox 360 hard drive retail packaging.

►No, I noticed no difference in speed from my OEM Xbox 360 hard drive (250GB) as compared to this one.

►Yes, it's really great to have twice as much space as I had before for all those Games With Gold I'm downloading.

►No, it doesn't come with any kind of transfer cable. I had to back up all my game saves to a USB flash drive (or the cloud) and then re-download all my games and apps before transferring everything back from the USB flash drive (or cloud). It was a long process, but worth it in my opinion. If you opt to go this way, and you have a lot of games to download, I suggest you check with your Internet provider to see if they have bandwidth caps. Mine doesn't, so it was no big deal. Others (coughcomcastcough) will freak out if you do 200 GB of game and app downloads over the course of a couple days, and the terms of service for these LOVELY companies say they can terminate your service if you go over your bandwidth cap, so BE AWARE before going on a game-downloading marathon if you're on one of those service providers.

FINAL SCORE: Four Stars. Excellent, but hindered by the fact that Docooler is NOT installing Partition 2 on these hard drives, which will cause problems for anyone trying to play games for the Original Xbox (like Halo 1, Jade Empire, etc.), whether on disc or purchased from Xbox Live Marketplace. If they're going to mass-produce these things and sell them, they should take the extra step to make sure they're truly identical to the real McCoy. While they have 90% of the functionality of the real thing, they still fall short and FAIL TO MENTION THIS SHORTCOMING in their descriptions... So they lose a star.

Personally, being a technically-minded person, I'm happy I got mine. For the average non-techy person these drives might save some money and be worth it if they don't plan to use the Xbox 360's backwards compatibility feature. Use your best judgment and realize that there is a small trade-off for the significant savings.

That said, I hope companies like this keep selling these drives, because it gives hope that Microsoft will be forced to continue to lower their prices on their unreasonably-expensive, unnecessarily proprietary hard drives.
on October 21, 2014
This was amazing!! Soooo much cheaper than whatd you pay from Microsoft and it was really fast shipping. I got it that day but I live super close to where it came from. It worked perfectly right out of the box no issues had. Storage is great especially for games like Destiny and GTA V that need extra space!! So pleased woth this product, I'd reccomend it to anyone on a budget and needs extra space!
on December 30, 2014
So far so good but it's brand new, transferred 230 gb from my 250gb drive and have 250gb remaining on my new drive, seems to load and save just fine but I used a genuine xbox 360 cable from gamestop. My system tried to shut down every half hour or so during transfer so I had to babysit and keep clicking the A button every twenty minutes or so while I watched something else on cable. If it does shut down I don't think it's a big deal since it's taking from one drive and putting it onto the other, it's not copying. I just continued the dl after it shut down twice and haven't opened all my games but they are all on the new drive. Takes about three hours for everything maybe little more. Fit perfectly and doesn't fell cheap or anything. If it craps out I will update. Oh gamestop gave me 28.00 cash for my old 250gb drive so this one only really cost me 22.00 not a bad upgrade price.
on April 16, 2016
I bought this for my hubby as he was having codes pop up that he was out of memory on his xbox! He works so hard and in a very high pressured line of work, that anything to relax him is perfect and gaming relaxes him! He tells me that he has to wait and he needs my son to hook it up as my son is out IT person. I asked if I could give it a try as my son would be gone all weekend and he said go for it. It was so simple to install! I know nothing about the games or game systems but all I had to do was slide it onto the box! The game system does the rest and all is set and good! VERY SIMPLE INSTALL! It works great and much cheaper price than Gamestop or Walmart or even other gaming stores! With Prime, I had it the very next day! It didn't even take the two days to get here! Super Impressed and super Stoked that hubby can continue to enjoy his games!
on February 13, 2015
These jive turkeys sent me a wacky hard drive. The western digital hd was not set properly in the case leading to damage of the hdd receptor inside my xbox 360 slim. It was just a little plastic that bent a touch due to the unaligned hard drive being inserted. Thankfully I was industrious enough to repair both my xbox and the hard drive purchased here... A less knowledgeable person might not have been so lucky, buyer beware.
on February 17, 2016
I bought this because my kids are rotten at taking care of discs and it was perfect. It fits their Xbox perfectly and gives them plenty of storage. So far I have saved over 200 bucks buying downloads instead of discs.
on July 28, 2015
Works perfectly for my Xbox 360 slim, it was super easy to put in too.

You don't need any tools to put it in, there is a panel that slides out of place on the xbox.
Just look up how to put a hard drive in the xbox 360 slim on youtube and it'll show you how easy it is.

I really recommend buying this 500gb drive because if you get smaller ones you'll just keep needing more space, so just invest in the best one now. It's really not too expensive for what you get.

I've downloaded many space-consuming games like Skyrim and World of Tanks, Defiance and whatnot. I still have 4/5 of space left. If you need lots and lots of space, I'd recommend getting xbox 360 specific flash drives as well for a little extra.

This drive is spectaculatious! Definitely get it.