Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on July 1, 2013
If you are considering buy this, Don’t. This is not a good hobby starter. And it really is not for those who have a lot of cable to strip.

First the good;
It is of solid construction. And it is not flimsy.
When it does work it can speed up the process slightly and you don’t have to fiddle around with a knife too much. So you minimize your chance to cut yourself.

Now the Bad;
The cutting pin is strong but not very deep or sharp so you will have to constantly change and adjust the pin position depending on the thickness of the plastic. And if its double layered which any worthwhile copper cable is then you have to do the process twice. Supper west of your time and effort.
And forget about it if you have anything with a 1.5CM or higher diameter the designer was extremely short sighted, the three stabilizers need to be further out with longer adjusters. You can adjust in for small cables but not out so a cable like the cable pictured on their adds would fit but you won’t be able to secure it.
You are fiddling and adjusting the tool enough that it does west a lot of time on just setup.
It has a skinny designee and doesn’t feel sturdy when mounted; I wish it had a handle or a bigger footprint.
There is no stabilizing unit to feed the cable so cable will always dangle and give you all kinds of traction issues and through put nightmare. You will hate yourself trying to feed the cables when it is Vertical.

What I had to do is create a feeder system (kind of defeats the purpose of buying the tool)
1. I cut a hole on two wood boards and mounted them aligned on a 2/4 frame so I can pull the cables through boards then pull through the tool for a more stable throughput.
2. Still I had to constantly keep the tool aligned to the feeder system for some kind of a consistent flow. Every few minute something would come loose.
3. Still it was quite difficult, so I then took the tool off of its mount and laid it flat on my feeder system as its better to pull up the cables.

Unbelievably bad designee execution so makes the item super awkward to use no matter what.
on September 12, 2013
This item is only good for small wire I have big cable like 350,750,500 cannot go in the machine to start, could have been better
on June 9, 2013
Good only for 10 gage wire or less. will not strip wire as large as they claim. Returned the item.
on November 20, 2015
Lots of inconveniences - it only works on wire of specific width and is really hard to adjust otherwise. It is often VERY difficult to get the blade to a point where it will cut through wire, vs. just denting it or cutting the actual copper inside the wire.
on August 26, 2015
This thing works very well! I've used it for stripping mostly #12 THHN solid and stranded with no issues. #14 THHN can sometimes fall off the track but it's fine if you take it slow. Even worked on some very very finely stranded #6 welding cable. Electrician approved!
on December 1, 2015
Works very well on certain sizes. I had a lot of #10 AWG stranded for which it worked great. It worked for #12 as well, but I only stripped a little of that. I also stripped larger wire with success, but when I got up to the 3/0 and 4/0 it seemed to just bend the blade out of alignment..... It is great for mid sized wire.
on April 20, 2014
It works very well for most sizes, but leaves a little to be desired on 18AWG and smaller. It can be a little tricky to use at first, but once you get the hang of how to adjust the rollers and blades it works pretty well. Saved me a lot of time and makes scrapping easier. If you're on a budget (like me) this is great, but if you have the money spend it on something better.
on July 8, 2013
It saved me a lot of time and effort!! For the price it did exactly what I needed it to do. I just wish it would do up to 3/4 inch as it advertised.
on June 11, 2015
Works great have it mounted to my workbench.. I was able to remove about 800Lb of wire from a demolition job before the building was leveled and this has saved numerous hours stripping it to gain its full scrap value!
on March 18, 2013
it worked good on bigger wire like auto battery cables not good on smaller stuff.made my money back in few hours.