5.0 out of 5 stars pneumatic nailer
This is an excellent product. Well worth the money. No problems. No jams and easy to use. Would highly recommend this nailer and the seller. Delivery date and time were right on spot. Thanks....
Published on September 17, 2012 by Becky

1.0 out of 5 stars Hardwood Nailer
Published 19 months ago by Tamara

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars pneumatic nailer, September 17, 2012
This review is from: Hardwood Flooring Nailer for Installing Wood Floors - Bamboo, Oak, Maple, Brazilian Cherry, Hickory, Walnut, Hand Scraped, Prefinished and Engineered Wood Flooring (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardwood floor nailer, October 20, 2012
This tool is awesome .... Easy to use .... Great price ... Makes floor go together tight to where there is no cracks ..... I would definitely recommend this tool ..... Comes with everything you need including safety glasses ....

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, February 4, 2013
H. Vietzke "MHV" (North Andover, MA) - See all my reviews
This was the first time we ever used a flooring nailer, and this worked out very well. It arrived very quickly, and it was easy to use. No problems with nails jamming like I had read about with other nailers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hardwood Nailer, April 29, 2013
I purchased this floor nailer to install around 620 sq ft of 21/2 inch x ¾ inch, dark stained, tongue and groove oak flooring. The nailer arrived within a week of purchase, which was great, but that's about it. The nailer often split or buckled the wood over where the nail was, or would flake off finished portions along the beveled edge of a plank. Also the nailer often didn't drive the nail entirely in, which required us to use a nail set to pound the nail in the rest of the way. Depending on how far out the nail was sticking this became a time consuming problem. Now I am not a professional floor installer, but I had installed hardwood floors in the past so I was confident in my abilities, but given that number of mistakes I was making I figured it was because I had never used this particular nailer.
After about 1 day of work, and around 250 sq ft installed, one of the o-rings broke. When fixing this issue we noticed that many of the nuts and screws holding it together were very loose and so we tightened them all. The o-ring was easily repaired and we continued installing floor, still seeing the wood split, and nails not going in all the way. So much so that we had to pull out several pieces and install a replacement, which was horrible!
On the next day the nailer busted entirely as the piston was sheered and un-repairable. We had installed about 470 sq ft of the 620. We ended up renting one for around $50/day that worked like a charm, no splits or nails going in only part way, and we were able to finish the rest of the install.
I boxed up the "Hard core" nailer and sent it back to Amazon, which was a piece of cake, (thanks Amazon).
Given my experience with this product I would not recommend it, as installing hardwood floors is a tricky business that you want to get right the first swing of the hammer and you need to have confidence in your tools. If I had had my way I would have bought the $400+ Boschstitch that's recommended by everyone and what the pro's use. But I went cheap instead and dinged up my floor. Never again!

5.0 out of 5 stars It just plan worked, April 22, 2013
My first attempt at laying hardwood flooring. Watched several youtube videos on laying floors. I though I would rent a nailer but after checking prices decided to buy then I could do it at my own pace. This nailer just plan worked. Layed about 300 sq feet without a jam. Just put a few drops of oil in it each time I started. Don't have anything to compare it to. It's kind of big. Would highly reccommend it. Only time it didn't sink the nail deep enough was when I didn't wait for my air supply to build up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for bamboo, May 13, 2014
We purchased this to install bamboo in our entire house. Rather than rent, this would allow us to work on our own time-frame. We got bamboo flooring at lumber liquidators and they told us to use 18 gauge nails. This product claims to be for bamboo and hardwood, so we ordered it. When it arrived we saw that is only takes 16 gauge nails. We had already purchased 18 ga nails, but we decided to get a few boxes of 16 and try the nailer.
IT SPLIT THE TONGUES of the bamboo flooring. We did about 2 rows and it was so difficult to fit them together, we had to stop. This flooring is supposed to last a lifetime and we didn't want to wreck on day one with the nailer. Bamboo is extremely hard and the smaller 18 gauge goes through smoothly.
(We ordered the Freeman 18 gauge nailer and it works wonderfully- at twice the cost- but worth it to have the flooring put in correctly)
This nailer should not be titled as for Bamboo and the description should contain the gauge size of the nails. This caused a few weeks of delay for our project (and our help were no longer available 2 weeks later!)
The packaging and carrying case on this product was very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice - I would recommend this for contractors too., August 5, 2014
I was very surprised in the quality of the nailer. It works and I have not had any trouble installing around 1100 sq ft of hardwood flooring. I checked into renting a nailer and the cost to rent would have been more than the price of this nailer (since I was installing the hardwood on weekends and would have had to rent the nailer a few times to complete the job). It comes with a shoe for different thickness flooring and it is easy to load nails.

5.0 out of 5 stars good tool, good price, June 25, 2014
I have been using this for a week now and it works great. I don't know what the $400. nailers have that this one doesn't have. this one does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boom!, May 29, 2014
Installed a 140 sq. ft. dining room floor with this. My first time using such a tool and my first time installing a hard wood floor. I plan to do three more rooms. The tool worked as advertised, never jammed, only misfired when I didn't hit it square with enough force. The mallet is great both for working the tool and the other side for tapping the floorboards in place.

One caveat: nails designed for guns are not nearly as hard as nails designed for manual hammers. You will not be able to drive these in a long way if you miss. Get one of the flooring nail sets for the few times you don't hit it quite hard enough, and a set of electrician's heavy duty pliers combined with a claw hammer or nail pry to pull out the ones you really screw up on (I had less than 5).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool!, May 21, 2014
Great tool, got it in less than a week and haven't had a problem with it at all, I have installed 500 sq. ft. of oak in my house, great tool, great price!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›