Hario XGS-60TB V60 Range Server 600Ml, Clear
|Price:||$22.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Hario XGS-60TB V60 Range Server 600Ml, Clear
Hario V60 Range Coffee Server, 800ml, Clear B000P4B4LU
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||This is a REAL FIND JOYSHOP.Our Japanese staff wil||UJC Mart Japan||Amazon.com||Quality of life|
|Item Package Weight||0.9 pounds||0.9 pounds||1.2 pounds||0.65 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Be forewarned that it is SMALL -- appropriate for one or two servings or so maximum. When making coffee for a group you'll want Hario's next largest size. But for a single serving (which is the case most often for pour-over) this is the one to get.
I use this with home roasted coffee and a Bonavita electric kettle Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle. My wife doesn't drink coffee but loves this Item because it helps transform me into a lovable human being each morning.
I do a pourover method directly into this server. It is aesthetically pleasing, yet I find it overly fragile, not insulated, and not necessary for my coffee, along with an ill-fitting lid. I know many potential purchasers want to see what might be disappointing about a product, so I'll walk through these. I still use this every day, but I would not buy it again.
1. Fragile: I am now on my second in 4 months. The first lid was knocked from a dish-drying rack to the floor and completely shattered. My second server I dropped a fork into the sink while washing, and it chipped the spout with very little impact.
2. Not Insulated: Even with the lid on, this fails to keep coffee much warmer than a mug.
3. Poor lid: With the lid placed on and aligned with the spout, the coffee pours out extremely slowly and splashes everywhere. The manufacturing specs probably need to be dead on, as the spout and channel are quite small, and mine seems to be slightly off.
4. What's it for? I thought this would serve a few functions, but it doesn't. It doesn't help me measure coffee effectively, as the marks are for 400ml and 500ml only, and are tough to gauge. It doesn't keep my coffee warm while I have some in a smaller mug. And it doesn't hold a whole lot. I could brew directly into my mug.
Hey, I'm new to the pourover method, so it may be that I'm an idiot and am using this wrong, but I would not recommend this at its relatively-expensive pricepoint.
Now the Hario XGS-60TB V60 range server 600Ml is perfect for pour over because it's clear. This is important as it helps monitor your process to keep things consistent. For instance, I know that when the coffee level is at the second indentation up on the server and the filter is full of brewing coffee, I can stop adding water. That's my method for simplifying the process after I determined what worked best. I think the 800ml server will be an easy transition with only a small increase in ground coffee.
OK now to the fragile issue. I broke the lid. Yes it was my fault, and I take ownership. My reason for mentioning is that the lid fell of my jar used to dispense fresh beans, and it is only 5 inches or 12.7 cm tall. It fell the short distance and cracked on my tiled counter top. Take this as advise to be careful.Read more ›
A couple things to note:
- This isn't insulated in any way so the heat from your coffee is transferred quickly, so pour quickly!
- This holds two normal cups of coffee, so if you make coffee for 3 or more people get a larger size.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is my second favorite method of brewing coffee next to the french press method. Definitely makes a good strong cup of coffee.Published 23 days ago by Justin Cummings
Its quality is incredible. It came so fast and well packed. Thanks a lot.Published 29 days ago by Maria V. Salvado
I really like to use this when I want to make a double batch of tea. I use it often, and have had it about a year.Published 1 month ago by Prime Customer
It is really classy and perfect for conserving the heat of the brewed coffee. Because of the cover with rubber you can conserve your coffee hot and at the same time you can pour... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this as a gift for a Coffee Afficionado. She absolutely loves it.Published 2 months ago by Lin K.
This little pot is cool. Not totally a necessity, cause you can make pour over coffee directly in your mug. I like it best for brewing tea. Well made and looks nice. Read morePublished 2 months ago by dan