Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on November 20, 2011
I ride with a large group of riders. I put on 16,000 miles this summer alone. The HD headsets, last from 2 days to 1 year. We've gotten headsets from dealers, walked to the bike, and had to return them because one speaker always goes out, followed by total failure.
on October 10, 2013
The connector that goes from the bike to the helmet dangles and thus has stress on it while riding. Over a period of time wear and tear will break the wire/pin connector. Something everyone is complaining about. I've had my Ultra Road Glide 2012 for 2 yrs this month. I'm now about to buy my third pair. One solution to prolong the life is to loop the cable near the helmet and thus relieve the stress from the helmet connection to the bike. Attach to the looped cable to helmet with velcro thus creating a stress relief on the cable/connector itself. This will reduce the amount of jostling and wiggle the wire and connector experiences while riding.

Other after market alternative - Beware. Look very carefully at the 7 pin connectore of the HD model and the after market product. HD model has a "V" shape at top portion circlular outershield. This allows a metal to metal connection for the headset. Some after market headset are entirely circular and while they may fit, the "V" shape functionality / connection in the connector will be lost. This impacts the CB portion of the radio.
on May 16, 2012
Both my buddy and I have Ultra Classics and both purchased Boom Audio Half Helmet Music and Communications headsets. His left speaker when out in about a year so he purchased a second pair. My speaker went out after about a year and a half, actually I can twist the wire near the usb type connector and get it to play so it is the wire not the speaker that actually failed. Anyway, two sets and neither one works correctly, both being one speaker doesn't work. I don't recommend them especially since they were $129.00. We figured we would get HD quality but obviously they are defective.
on May 3, 2015
Very aggravating!!! I've been through two of these headsets with the same result of having one of the speakers go out and the actual quality of the speakers when they were working was not that good. I would strongly discourage anyone from buying this over-priced, non-quality headset. In this day and age, you think that connectivity and sound quality would not be an issue but it is and this is definitely not doing anything positive towards Harley's reputation!!!
on July 5, 2015
I recently purchased this head set, plugged it in and the mic didn't work. Returned it and the second one the right ear didn't work, I literally had to yell to make the mic pick up my voice. Junk don't waste your time.
Ps if your using the VOX system, no good . One of three sets worked with PTT.
on September 21, 2014
Outstanding headset. So simple to use even a monkey could set them up! Used them for over a year and 10,000 miles and they have performed flawlessly. My buddy and I use them to communicate via CD on our Ultra Limiteds. Highly recommended.