Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 24, 2001
I purchased this recorder primarily to convert several hundred record albums to a format I could listen to more easily. I found that it was easiest to record an album first onto a CD-RW, use computer software to break it into individual tracks, then re-use the CD-RW.
After recording about 50 CD-RW's in the first month the unit developed intermittent problems, sometimes not detecting any type of CD placed in the machine, sometimes appearing to record but unable to read the disc later, sometimes giving a disc error message at random times. Since Harman Kardon's warranty service instructions say that you have to bring it to a registered facility, which are all hi-fi audio retailers, I called some in my area. Their responses indicated they might get around to looking at it in 3 to 6 weeks, and, by the way "where did you buy it?" (implying that internet buyers could expect poor service.) Because the problem was intermittent, it was likely that they would look at it in 6 weeks and not find a problem, and I would get the thing back in the same condition. So I struggled on, and found that CD-R's still worked most of the time, but CD-RW's became completely non-functional. Because of the lack of a national service center for Harman Kardon, I definitely would not buy their equipment again, regardless of features. I would lean toward another manufacturer with a national service center, which would be more interested in keeping me happy, even if they have to replace an intermittent machine.
As far as features go, the CDR-30 is acceptable for my purposes. But it's controls are not user-friendly (even for an engineer like me), and a lengthy reading of the manual is required to try anything new. Some of the instructions in the manual are erroneous and misleading. The CDR-30 is pretty good for copying music CD's onto CD-R's, as it will dub at 4 times speed.
All in all, I would look to another manufacturer if I were buying a CD recorder. I couldn't recommend this machine.
This is definetly one of the Best product I ever used.
I am musician and sound writer , it's so much easier to burn sample of my music directly from the sequencer and listen and check what to improve in term of quality of sound and combination
of sounds .The Analog options of burning any analog device to a CD is just Great ...
I have see my writing of sound improve greatly because I don't have to spend tousand of Dollars for just sample in Music Studio before the real production.I save a lot of Money with Harman Kardon CDR 30 Dual-Tray CD Recorder
If You are Musician and Sound Writer This A GREAT MACHINE to Play with.
on September 13, 2014
Harman Kardon shame on you for a cheapo drawer design and those 'Dual/Single' settings that are totally unintuitive, Paired with my AVR125 Ihave to love this though. My second one.. Some cdr30's are silver-ish or gold-ish whats up with that?
on May 7, 2001
I never dreamed that I would love this product as much as I do./ I don't even use my computer burner any more. This unit is so easy to use, and so comprehensive, that it eliminates the need for a computer burner... I have used this product incessantly since receiving it. The Harman/Kardon name is synonymous with acoustic excellence, and this is no exception. A must for the music teacher. Great for all aspects of music education, while still holding faithful to copyright laws. 5 easy-to-use stars!
on September 12, 2004
Whether making an exact backup of a CD or making a 20 track compilation, this recorder just works. Have never made a coaster -- just remember to hit finalize when you are done with your recording. Fanatastic deck.
on October 8, 2001
I have tried to record cd's one to one on this machine and have come up with the worst results, having used the best blank CDs.
The directions for this unit are very hard to follow with respect to making Cds from LPs, and anything else you need to know. I never use it now..a waste.