Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on September 23, 2011
This color is a nude/muted matte color. It has no sparkle. Its really pretty. I absolutely love the Gelish line. I needed 3 coates to get an even coverage. I'm going to try to post a picture. The color swatches are off as usual so I depend on seeing pictures to get a more accurate color.
review image
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 4, 2010
Having tried various other gel nail polishes before (OPI, IBD) in both soak off and non-soak off varieties, I was a little skeptical of this product. I found it by accident while I was looking for CND's shellac. Another company recommended this product because CND has a shortage on their products right now.

When I received this product, I brushed the base coat by Gelish on first and cured it for one minute under a UV lamp. Then, I brushed this on. I was really surprised at how easily it went on, and how pretty it is. It is a light pink and very sparkly. After two coats, it was completely opaque. I was very pleased at this point because the other gel polishes that I have tried before go on so sheer that you have to put on five to six coats to get the color you want. By the time you have put on that many coats, you have a fake nail instead of a polished natural one. This product made me feel like I had my own natural nails.

After putting on two coats of this polish, I topped it off with IBD intense seal and cured it for two minutes. The result was a beautiful set of nails that took only about ten minutes to do. So far, I have had them on for four days, and no chips. I am rough on my nails, and I wash dishes, type a lot and clean constantly, so I usually have chips after a day or two. This is my new go to nail product!
88 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2011
I just purchased this color, along with the base coat, top coat and UV lamp to do Gelish at home. I had a professional Gelish application and loved the results, but can't afford to pay for it on a regular basis. With an initial investment under $100 I can now do my own nails on a regular basis. I'm a huge fan of Essie polish and their adorable pinks and nudes. This color is very reminiscent of Essie's Mademoiselle color. It's a perfect pale OPAQUE pink. I was worried with some of the other reviews for similar Gelish colors they would be too sheer, so I'm glad I chose this one. It's a flat pink with no shimmer. I'm loving Gelish and the staying power this polish has. I do dishes, take care of a 2 year old and work on the computer a lot. Not a single chip in over 2 weeks! Plus my nails didn't rip or break which normally happens whether I have polish on or not. Gelish is amazing!!
review image
22 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2011
Hot Rod Red is pretty true to the picture color and a creme polish. It goes on opaque and 2 coats will give you great sexy red coverage. Makes your nails look like they belong to a silver screen siren!

I own Gelish "Standout" color and it is very similar in color - small amount of hue difference. I imagine that Red Roses is pretty close too.

Gelish colors do not leave nails stained when wearing bright, deep colors either! Comes off leaving clean pure normal nail color behind, so great!
on November 10, 2011
I work in an office and my nails must be professional, meaning subtle. I purchased Need-a-tan Gelish polish with the hope that it would work as a base for a French or nude manicure. It is the perfect shade! What I love about Gelish polish is that I can polish over the Gelish for the weekend or parties, using any regular polish, then come Monday morning remove it with a non-acetone remover and still have the professional Gelish manicure underneath. I love, love, love it! FYI: because I do not like to see my VNL, visible nail line, it took three coats for opacity -- which is fine.
on July 26, 2011
I personally appreciate when others take the time to add pictures or comments to show how the Gelish colors look when applied, so I decided to help solve the mystery of "Tutti Frutti" with my own picture and thoughts...

I received all of my "essentials" to begin doing my own gel nails at home a few days ago and Tutti Frutti is the color I decided to experiment with first. This color is a cute "frosty" pink that would work great in spring or summer. It is your typical "girl" pink, not too light or too bright. I applied two coats and I was satisfied with the effect.

I've had many compliments on my gel nails and the Tutti Frutti color. If you like being "girlie", get it!
on February 12, 2013
This polish will make your color go from drab to fab!!

I bought this because I saw it on a nail blog layered with Gelish Caution (a blue w/ slight shimmer). WOW did this color make it pop! Caution was an ok color, nothing fabulous by itself. But after putting this effects polish on, holy cow did it take it up a notch.

What I like about it is you can control the "pizazz". One coat of Izzy will get you some sparkle and 2-3 coats later your nails are wearing a party! Even with 2 coats on it's sparkly but it's not too much or gawdy.

I can't wait to see what other polishes I can enhance with this! I will never wear Caution without it. I now consider this a staple in my arsenal when I want to take a color up a notch.

NOTE: Personally I don't get the people who buy a polish and then complain that it's not what they expect. Do your research! I looked at this polish on several nail pages before buying. I knew this polish was for "effects" and not necessarily a stand alone color (althought I think it would totally rock a french mani). It's not fair to give it a bad review if you aren't using the product properly, or basing it off a picture of a bottle on this site. At the very least read reviews from people that own it or use it. It's not fair to the company.
on May 27, 2011
This was my first time doing gel polish nails and I used pink smoothie. The color is a nice pink but I put 3 coats on because on coats 1 and 2 you can see the polish streaks. Three coats left a nice color pink. You can see it on the pictures that I posted.
on September 8, 2010
I am a professional nail tech, and decided to try Harmony's soak off gel line, Gelish on myself at home. I am very impressed by the wearability of this product. I deep cleaned my entire house this weekend, and not one chip, and my nails actually felt strong while my hands were in water for over 2 hours. I compare this to CND's Shellac due to it's application. I found that this product seemed to apply better, and when used with Gelish Top it Off top coat, seems to be smoother, and has a higher shine. Not to mention, there are a ton of shades to choose from. This color is very sparkly, with irridecent flecks. I am hooked on Gelish UV soak off Gel Polish.
on April 2, 2015
I love this color. It is a great neutral for those with darker skin. I have been looking for a nice, opaque, neutral that did not have a pink tint. This color is like a creamy coffee. It has a clean, professional appearance. Beautiful!