Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Strumbellas Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon September 24, 2002
This sequel about Harry (actually, Hxzltl, in Centipedish) and his friend George again takes the bugs out from down-under (ground, that is), into the forbidden Up-Pipe and the world of the HOO-MINS.

Here, the bug boys are caught in hard-air-prisons (jars), meet a tarantula, learn about rain and discover why it's important (sometimes) to listen to grown-ups.

I wasn't at all amused by their antics, but my opinion doesn't count. My 10-year old critter loves Harry and his friend. He likes animals, loves bugs, and adores rebellious characters. More than once, Harry has kept him up at night, reading under the covers. He's plowed through this book three times in the last month.

Perfect for second, third or fourth grade readers who prefer illustrated chapter books, the 180-page further adventures of a many-footed mischief-maker will delight kids of the same spirit.

--- Alyssa A. Lappen
on August 15, 2014
This is the second book in Lynne Reid Banks' series on Harry the Poisonous Centipede. I loved the first 80% of the first book, but detested the ending -- and so, sadly, decided not to recommend it to my son. But I thought that maybe I could recommend to him this sequel -- that maybe it would preserve and extend what I liked about the first book without containing what I had disliked -- so I read this book hoping it would be one I could recommend.

No, I'm now officially giving up on this series. I loved the first four chapters, became ambivalent in chapter 5, persevered in chapters 7 through 14, then finally gave up and stopped reading a few pages into chapter 15. I was reading a library copy and it is probably not an accident that someone had left a bookmark in chapter 15: quite possibly that reader gave up on the book in chapter 15 as well.

The gruesomeness at the end of book 1 which turned me off of an otherwise promising premise/story simply PERMEATES the sequel, and even though I would LOVE for my son to imagine life through the eyes of a simple creature like a centipede, this book series is not going to be the vehicle for that experience.
on May 1, 2005
Harry the Poisonous Centipede's BIG Adventure.

Author:Lynne Reid Banks.

Harry (actually Hxzlt) and George get caught by a Hoo-Min. They plan an escape but get caught by a flying bird who tries to eat them. Then they get thrown into the sea. They manage to hold on somehow. Will they ever make it back to their home. Find out by reading this amazing book. Go on an adventure with Harry and George, two centipede's that will do anything to get home.

Review by: Frances