4,298 Reviews
 (3,572)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really cool book
I think the Harry Potter books are really fascinating. They are full of suspense and irony. I wouldn't have read this book because I thought it was for younger kids ( I'm 13)but my friend was reading it so I gave it a try. I didn't put the book down until I finished it. It was that good! I don't want to be rude either but it really does not promote witchcraft. The whole...
Published on December 22, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars A magical book
If you are a person who likes magic and adventure, then this book is for you.Harry is atending his second year at Hogwarts, and as nature would intend he has to save Hogwarts and every one in it again.I think this book is funny at some parts and and a little emotional at the end.I liked this book and I think some one else would love this book.
Published on February 28, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars If you liked this. . . ., November 17, 1999
By A Customer
If you like the Harry Potter books, then definitely take a look at any books by John Bellairs! He's no longer with us, but his tales were well written tales of fantasy, magic and adventure. They fed my imagination when I was younger, and now that I have nieces and nephews that love Harry Potter, I have passed along the Bellairs books to them. They love them just as much as the Potter books, and while they're waiting for the next Harry adventure, they pass the time reading the extremely fascinating Bellairs stories. And they're books the parents will love too!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Secret's out., December 9, 1999
Spero Tsindos (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
If you have children aged between 8 and 13, they will absolutely love this book. If you like to read to your younger children, you will love this book. There is intrigue, suspense, drama, comedy and best of all, magic. It is one of several stories about Harry Potter, a young boy who thought he was quite normal until he found out he was a wizard. The three books published so far are about Harry and his time at Hogwart's School of Wizardry and Witchcraft. Each book covers a full year at the school. This book is his second year and his search for the secrets within the castle of Hogwarts. If you like Roald Dahl or C.S. Lewis, you will love Harry Potter and his adventures. This book is one of many excellent stories. A must for any parent who loves fantasy.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD!, November 26, 1999
Sarah (Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
All 3 of the Harry Potter books are great. They are so enjoyable to read with the family. If you think these books are bad in a way that they show violence then you are wrong. I would recommend these books to all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter's true adventures begin..., April 23, 2000
After introducing us to Harry Potter and his new life at the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry author J.K. Rowling is able to expand on her idea. In "Sorcerer's Stone" she had to spend a lot of time getting us accustomed to Harry's world, but now we can enjoy it along with a richer plot and more developed narrative and characters. And what a plot! I was under the impression that these were completely dumbed down, G-rated kid-friendly books but there is a definite dark side to them. It's nothing that will give kids nightmares or anything, but it is a little creepy. I couldn't put it down I was so drawn in, and finished it easily the first day I got it. It's very hard to pull yourself away from. I think that if you are a parent you should read these books aloud to your children. Some of my most cherished childhood memories are my father reading to us, and this is the sort of book that we would have loved. You will enjoy it on your own, but I imagine that it would be a more fulfilling experience shared with the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter- In my View, December 9, 1999
By A Customer
Hello. My name is Katie Potter. "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" was about the best book I have ever read. With full detail and great, capturing words I felt like I was in Harry's little group, or it painted a picture in my head, more like a movie. As I said again, I love this books and all of the other, tremendously written Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, February 21, 2000
Over 40 (Lake County, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This book should be from ages 9 to adult. It is excellent! There are so many positive life lessons in these books I can only believe that those that challenge its subject matter didn't read them or take life way to seriously. I would like to see some middle school english classes study these books and realize it is ok to be different.

5.0 out of 5 stars HARRY POTTER IS AN AWESOME WIZARD!, November 22, 1999
By A Customer
Everyone in our family loves Harry Potter, from eight-year-old Eve to fifteen-year-old Sarah to thirty-eight-year-old Mom!We have just finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and have started on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Truely Magical!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids preferred Harry Potter over NINTENDO!, November 20, 1999
Harry Potter is visually very appealing. Fast paced and witty, kids just won't put it down. The character of Harry is a little flat, however he still engages the reader's sympathy. Highly recommend, particularly the UK or Canadian versions which reflect the author's original intent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter keeps the pages turning, January 23, 2000
OK, even though I am a little old for Harry Potter books, I can't help it. I was babysitting and I picked it up, and I just couldn't put it down, so of course, I had to run out and buy all 3 so that i could get the whole story, and read them all in about 2 days, and I am now eagerly awaiting the next one. "Chamber of Secrets" was good, but I don't think it had quite the flair of the first one. By no means is this book tough going, it's quite easy to read, and it is quite entertaining. I enjoy reading something light, and Harry's adventures in Hogworts, playing Quidditch, and dealing with muggles make for fun reading. I now have a book I can read for myself, i can read it to my neice, I can pull it out when I babysit, even my Mom likes them. Harry Potter has all around apeal, and almost anyone can enjoy this book immensly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready for the read of your life!, December 13, 1999
By A Customer
I am a grandmother of 2 boys 11 and 7, I have read all 3 of Harry Potters adventures in Hogwarts school, these books are the most enjoyable childrens books I have read since grimms fairy tales,I could not put them down,I read one after the other.The author takes you on a roller coaster ride,a ride you will never forget.! Fast paced, an excellent fantasy.

Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets by J. K. Rowling (Paperback - September 1, 2000)
$10.99 $6.64