Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets [Blu-ray]
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- 19 additional/extended scenes
- Conversation with author J.K. Rowling and screenwriter Steve Kloves
- Building a Scene: Moviemaking Magic
- Visit Lockhart's classroom to view his certificates and required reading
- Interviews with students, professors, and more
- Year One at Hogwarts: first film recap
- Theatrical trailer
Top Customer Reviews
I won't go into the plot. Suffice it to say it follows the book. The acting was wonderful by our 3 main stars. There is not enough of Alan Rickman, a truly wonderful actor. Kenneth Branagh was so-so and I don't know the man who played Lucious Malfoy but he was perfect. I hated him in "The Patriot" and hated him even more here. Richard Harris will be sorely missed. What a fine performance for his last film.
I never realized that the film was 2 3/4 hours. The time flew. The special effects are outstanding.
I liked the further character development. You see what a wonderful and loving family Ron Weesley comes from. You find out why Hagrid is the way he is. You also get to realzie why Draco Malfoy is the way he is when you get to see the father.
There was so much to see. So much to enjoy.
For the first movie, I saw the movie first and then read the book. For this story, I read the book first and then saw the movie. Either way, I was thrilled with both movies.
I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward the the third movie.
If you haven't had the opportunity to see "The Chamber of Secrets", please go and see it. It's a treat for the eyes, mind and soul.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy
The HD video and sound are excellent in this version of the film on blu-ray, just like they were for the other Ultimate Edition release. Yes, they are double dipping on this release (which is one of the reasons I think the price is relatively low), but I think it is worth it considering the fact that we are getting the extended edition of the film in blu-ray HD, plus an hour's long documentary with never before seen behind the scenes stuff as well.
The blu-ray disc contains both the theatrical release, and the new extended version with cut scenes put back in. This film has 13 minutes of extra footage (most never seen before). The extra footage makes a *LOT* of scenes make more sense with those scenes back in! For instance, one of the new scenes shows Harry meeting Hagrid on the stairs on his way up to his dormitory. Hagrid is holding the dead chickens which were being killed in the book. Minutes later Harry stumbled upon the Hufflepuff boy who has been petrified by the basilisk.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I do not understand why Lucius/Draco Malfoy shop scene in Knockturn Alley was cut from the video. When I rent a video, I expect it to be at least the theatrical release.Published 10 hours ago by Ice
Ordered for my younger sister and she said it came in great condition and is extremely happy about it. I am a big time Harry Potter fan, so thank you! Read morePublished 4 days ago by Jennifer G
This was a wonderful follow-up to the first book. This book is very well written, and it's a definite page turner.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Sci-Fi & Fantasy